Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 248 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Only "new land" with only one new ride is Hogsmeade.
Being technical, Diagonal only has one ride and then HE in between.

But HE and Gringotts both opened with the same expansion, so yes the LAND only has one, but the expansion only had two.

Diagon has two rides with Gringott's and the Hogwarts Express. It also has multiple attractions that are not rides.
I know it's semantics, but I just can't count HE as an attraction in Diagon just like I don't count it as one in Hogsmeade. It's outside of both areas.

Now obviously Hogwarts Express was built in conjunction with Gringotts though so the area (London, not Diagon) has two rides.

And yes, you are right about the other things like live entertainment and interactive things within the land. It's still TBD if Avatar will have anything similar, but I don't see anything similar in Pandora feeling as authentic or as well crafted as what's in Diagon.

The expansion was "London" and it has 2 attractions.
Yes, I clarified that above.

However the 360 degree hyper-theming is only seen in DA, which is the direct comparison land-to-land between DA and Pandora.

Either way though, yes, two rides were added just like Pandora. Neither ride in Pandora will be as advanced as Gringotts I don't think, but at the same time, I'm not a fan of HE besides the nerdy "cool" factor that wears off quickly (this is an opinion as a local so I've been on it quite a bit). The boat ride still interests me despite reports so we'll see how that ends up.

As the Skyway counted as an attraction in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland I would assume HE should do the same, especially due to different versions coming or going.

Pandora will open with what Disney will probably call 3 (2 rides, one walking trail) attractions and streetsmosphere type

A year after opening may find a scavenger hunt and possible up charge Tour (Money money money) added

Either way guys, Disgon really could have used another ride. Personally there's only so many times I can look in and be amazed by a shop.

I love the place but for such a large area I feel another ride would have filled it out better, I feel Pandora and star wars will be similar.

It's not even pretty rockwork. There are almost no details sculpted in most of the rockwork because most of it is covered with plants.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to say there are no details sculpted is ridiculous. There is a "mountain range" serving as a backdrop to the floating mountains that we can't see from the ground, only in arials.

Reactions: rioriz
Either way guys, Disgon really could have used another ride. Personally there's only so many times I can look in and be amazed by a shop.
Agreed, it just becomes a game of dodge the photographer!

If Diagon was at Disney they would count the Fire Breathing Dragon as a show and knockturn ally as one as well

And Hogwarts Express would be two rides. With Pandora now basically built, I am really curious what the future will hold. If it does well, will they add another ride (maybe the missing coaster) or will they turn their attention to improving other areas such as Dinoland? Or, will they let Animal Kingdom languish? Obviously, DHS will be front and center and, supposedly EPCOT, but I remain curious about the future.

Reactions: Mad Dog
And Hogwarts Express would be two rides.
Not sure if you're talking about classification by the parks themselves, but Hogwarts Express IS two rides at Uni with two individual ride profiles.

If you're talking about how I'm talking about it, my opinion wouldn't change. It's outside of both Hogsmeade and Diagon.

Reactions: SkiBum
If Diagon was at Disney they would count the Fire Breathing Dragon as a show and knockturn ally as one as well

Funny you mention this as the Universal Page only list one attraction in Diagon and that is Gringotts...

But stated before London as a whole has two rides

Reactions: Nick
And Hogwarts Express would be two rides. With Pandora now basically built, I am really curious what the future will hold. If it does well, will they add another ride (maybe the missing coaster) or will they turn their attention to improving other areas such as Dinoland? Or, will they let Animal Kingdom languish? Obviously, DHS will be front and center and, supposedly EPCOT, but I remain curious about the future.
They've dug themselves into a bit of a hole...They have four parks to update and fix up that they've let slip for a long time..

Status
Not open for further replies.