Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why people wouldn't want this to come to fruition. I understand the dislike for the movie, but this is a theme park attraction. Very different things, only sharing thematic elements. It'll be movie locations and action represented in rides and other attractions. We're not gonna have to sit through a 3-hour opera here...
I'm not an Avatar movie fan myself, so I understand some of the hate. I've only seen it once in its entirety, and don't really want to sit through it again. But sometimes if it's on TV, I'll have it on in the background because it's pretty to look at. I think those visuals are what would make a project like this successful, if done well. Forget about the movie plot/length/etc. Think visuals and action.

Reactions: jtsalien
I don't not want to see it built, I am just aware of how flimsy the whole thing is. Cameron has a history of taking an eternity to get things done. Both Cameron and WDI have extremely hard times staying on budget.

And, for my money, Hugo is the best 3-D ever.

I may be the minority, but I actually liked Avatar. Heck, I'd take Avatar over all 6 Potter movies combined! With that said, I think this land has the capability of being breath-taking and more technologically-advanced than anything we've ever seen. Whether or not Disney and Cameron can co-exist long enough to bring Pandora to life is another question. I am being patiently optimistic.

Here's a thought. What if it won't be set in Pandora?

We already know the next movies will be "exploring new worlds." It's totally plausible Disney could be working with Cameron and he's just not giving them enough to go with right now.

Here's a thought. What if it won't be set in Pandora?

We already know the next movies will be "exploring new worlds." It's totally plausible Disney could be working with Cameron and he's just not giving them enough to go with right now.

I thought future movies were gonna further explore Pandora, like under water and what not. At least I think I read that somewhere. If Disney's Avatar land is not a recreation of Pandora, then I'm not as interested... If it's just gonna be a bunch of buildings on a corner of Animal Kingdom, then I'll be really disappointed.

I know this isn't going to happen, but I think that the Avatar Land would have fit perfectly in and around the tree of life. The tree I think fits perfectly with the one in the movie.

^This is why I definitely do not see the big tree from Avatar being built. And I also wagered that the "glowy tree thing that I can't remember what it's called" will be inside and more than likely part of the queue.

If the majority of Avatar ends up being indoors, I won't complain so long as it looks nice. Pandora is a thousand times cooler at night, but Animal Kingdom isn't open late. It would kind of make sense to go this route.

Oh is this project still moving forward, let me put on my shocked face :yikes:

:-x

Just reading through the page and being myself... a smart *** :lol:

I've been mostly staying away from this thread, but since it's getting a little more attention, I might point out that Cameron just bought two farms in New Zealand and is planning on moving there "indefinitely" with the assumption being that Avatar production will move to New Zealand with him after publicity for Titanic 3-D is finished.

Just putting this here... (From Screamscape)

(3/5/12) Empire Industries has announced that their Dynamic Structures business unit has been awarded a huge contract from a “global customer” to design, engineer and manufacture the structure and systems of a “media based attraction”. The project will take approximately two years to complete and the contact is valued in excess of $30 million. While this may be a shot in the dark… given their past work for Disney, I’ve got to assume this may be another massive Disney attraction. With the two-year construction period, I suppose this could be for a number of projects. It could be virtually anything for Shanghai Disneyland, though other large projects rumored for Paris (Ratatouille), Orlando (Avatar) or even an unknown project for Tokyo or California could be considered as well.

^30 million either involves the train or the ride system within Gringotts.

Holy crap! I completely forget that they were the makers of the whole robocoaster thing. Dang, we talked about this a whole lot in the original WWOHP thread.

So yup, at this point, I wholeheartedly think this is for Potter. (Should I repost the Screamscape entry in the Phase II Discussion thread?)

You can since its all speculation. Just with the timing of it and all it just makes more sense than Disney at this point. I mean it would be cool if it were Disney since that would mean more new stuff but again me thinks its Mr Potter. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.