Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me preface all this by saying my Disney insider presence isn't as strong as the other parks, so smallest grains of salt to be taken.

Flying coaster.

Huh?? :stunned:

Like what? Flying on a Banshee? Or maybe a Dueling flying coaster since there was suppossed to be a dueling coaster in this area before, one is flying on a bansee, the other the copters :inquisitive:

God I want that to happen, just to see all the Disney fanbois lose it OVER BARE STEEL! OH NOZE!

Like what? Flying on a Banshee? Or maybe a Dueling flying coaster since there was suppossed to be a dueling coaster in this area before, one is flying on a bansee, the other the copters :inquisitive:

DAK was never supposed to have a dueling coaster.

Just had to Google Crystal Wing since im not familiar with that one and wow that is one pretty impressive structure. Do you really think that Disney would ever go with a B&M though?

I don't know about a B&m flyer with Seaworld right across the way. I mean, I wouldn't care in the slightest, but you know the comparisons and "Disney STOLED it!!!!" complaints would just start pouring in. Out of curiosity, though, how's the capacity on Manta? I have Superman: Ultimate Flight here at six flags and the wait is atrocious. I went near closing recently and the park was dead. We walked right into the station but decided to try front row. We must of waited 20 minutes and the platform was half empty. I normally go in the morning, though, and even just jumping in line right after opening you could be looking at 45+ minutes.

I think the dual loading station helps Manta out a ton compared to Superman. Ive been one of the unfortunate ones stuck in that Superman line for over an hour, twice lol. Ive sen Manta with 30-45min in the afternoon on busy days while Kraken is almost a walk on. But the dozen or so times I have been to SW with Manta around I haven't seen it crazy like Superman. I do avoid times like Xmas week or spring break where im sure its a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

What about an Avatar themed woodie on the same caliber as El Toro? now that is something unique to the Orlando area and for sure Disney and would be a dream come true for me :hail:

I think the dual loading station helps Manta out a ton compared to Superman. Ive been one of the unfortunate ones stuck in that Superman line for over an hour, twice lol. Ive sen Manta with 30-45min in the afternoon on busy days while Kraken is almost a walk on. But the dozen or so times I have been to SW with Manta around I haven't seen it crazy like Superman. I do avoid times like Xmas week or spring break where im sure its a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

What about an Avatar themed woodie on the same caliber as El Toro? now that is something unique to the Orlando area and for sure Disney and would be a dream come true for me :hail:

Cutting down trees to build a coaster? Very anti-Navi.

I don't know about a B&m flyer with Seaworld right across the way. I mean, I wouldn't care in the slightest, but you know the comparisons and "Disney STOLED it!!!!"

Disney doesn't care as long as they end up in the black. When people think Monorail, most automatically think about Disney...but that idea wasn't his.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

1. Beastly Kingdom, remember that thing? That's gone, but there was an idea to bring a coaster to that area of the park. We all know the story however.

2. James Cameron doesn't put up with any BS. If you're using his baby in your domain, you better make sure it appeases the god.* He wants the latest and greatest and damn it, he will get that!

3. Flying Coaster parts necessarily do not have to be exposed...

*Disclaimer - I do not believe James Cameron to be a higher diety; however he fancies himself as such, ergo the classification.

If they build it behind the Rainforest Cafe they wont have to harm any trees, since im pretty sure its just an empty field right now. Heck even if they had to relocate a few trees to put in something along the lines of El Toro that would be a sacrifice id be willing to make :p

Status
Not open for further replies.