Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say is this is such a welcome sight to behold. It's been roughly a decade since height markers flew above AK and regardless of what happens I am happy to see a project of this magnitude moving forward. As for the flyer talk anything is possible but I personally don't want to see a B&M creation be the focal point of this expansion. I would much rather see a new ride system as I'm sure most would as well.

Judging by the amount of balloons and total land occupied I would venture to say yellow is one structure while red is another. For instance yellow for mountains and red for ride track. Just pure speculation but if I'm not mistaken when Everest had balloons up there were different colors used and it uses three systems.

a "big boy" coaster would be quite the ballsy move considering how tame their coasters are. What would the "most intense" ride be considered? Rock and Roll Coaster?

If they do go for something more "adult/teen" then I fully expect a smaller ride to appease the kids as well.

Yeah id say Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, even Mission Space even has some intense take you breath away moments but thats about it. Wouldn't hurt them at all to kick it up another gear and im sure they are aware that some of these more intense rides can pack them in and popular with the crowds.

If they build it behind the Rainforest Cafe they wont have to harm any trees, since im pretty sure its just an empty field right now. Heck even if they had to relocate a few trees to put in something along the lines of El Toro that would be a sacrifice id be willing to make :p

More talking about the wood required to build a "woodie" there, chief :lol:

The only way to really pull off the floating mountains is if they do an indoor land. I suppose they can also attach the floating mountains to other land infrastructure, but they would have to really hide the supports. Guess it could be done, with forced perspective and all.

Theme parks are lessons in magic. You can have floating mountains, but you don't need to 'disguise' them. Reference reading: Passport to Dreams latest post.

Theme parks are lessons in magic. You can have floating mountains, but you don't need to 'disguise' them. Reference reading: Passport to Dreams latest post.

Interesting article, but there are exemptions to his point.

For example: The back part of Everest. Granted you can't see it from inside the park, but we all know kids are looking that way on the way into the parking lot and it ruins the illision of the "Forbidden Mountain". The whole mystique of the Floating Mountain Range is that it's floating. If it's attached to anything in an obvious way, it loses that appeal.

Interesting article, but there are exemptions to his point.

For example: The back part of Everest. Granted you can't see it from inside the park, but we all know kids are looking that way on the way into the parking lot and it ruins the illision of the "Forbidden Mountain". The whole mystique of the Floating Mountain Range is that it's floating. If it's attached to anything in an obvious way, it loses that appeal.

Who says you have to see their bottom?

So most likely the floating islands will be done like the trees on dinosaur, and the supports to give the floating effect will be made to look like a waterfall coming off the island.

Summer 2016 would be my guess. 2015 is pretty much a lock for Universal that year. No one will want to go head to head with Potter.

I don't mean to question BriMan's source, but I am doubtful that we will see a big boy flyer. One reason is that Disney usually goes for Realism over Impressionism. And doing a realistic flyer would be ALMOST impossible. I'm not saying it couldn't be done but hiding the track on a big boy flyer, I think, would even challenge WDI's skills. And another reason is that the flying draagon-like thingys that they flew were one/two passenger and they rode on top. Strapping a bunch of folks underneath, I am afraid, would look more like a Flintstone's Airline that what we saw in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.