Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually quite a bit has been talked about on magic
From number of rides to names of the e ticket to nighttime ahow to cost of land
Yep. Not to mention the C/D ticket boat ride, which probably has more of a chance of happening than the nighttime show (even though DAK needs one, I feel it'll get cut first) and the Avatar restaurant replacing Rainforest Cafe.

My wife is weird lol, she goes to the parks and will hardly ride anything anymore and still have fun. She didn't mind walking around and just enjoying the park while we rode with her keeping an an on the little one when had already. I will say that my wife has said she doesn't really want to go back to Universal or IOA until the girls are older since there isnt too much for them to do at such a young age, but also she said the same about Hollywood Studios.

I agree, Universal can use some rides with no height requirements that the whole family can ride.

This is my husband. He doesn't want to go to those parks either since there is less to do with our kids. So I agree with others, Uni needs more rides that the entire family can enjoy. Not saying they need to turn into Disney here, but they could just use a couple rides to help people justify going there with LOs, Pregnant woman, and older people.

Nighttime show won't be Avatar if it happens. It'll be back behind the TOL.
I never said it would be Avatar. But I still think there's an allotted amount of money for a "DAK expansion", not just including Avatar. If anything needs to be cut, I think the nighttime show will be among the first to go.

It was never given a go. Still in the planning stages.
Yeah, it was really blue sky.

Well in all reality, isn't all of Avatar land still at that point? :smiley:
Technically yes as things are still being worked out, but I think they have a general idea of what the land will look like at this point. It all just depends on budget. And the nighttime show wasn't going to be part of Avatar anyway, although it is very much needed at DAK.

I feel, from what we've heard about the E-ticket potentially using the Pandora's Box ride system to the potential boat ride/walk through (whatever it ends up being) to the all around immersive environment, this could be a very solid addition to the park, whether you like the movie or not. Most attractions/lands don't depend on a specific IP. Just solid additions that will draw people to WANT to come to the park.

Last edited:
A WoC style show was discussed but not tied to the Avatar project. I have not heard anything about a nighttime show that's attached to the Avatar project (theme, budget, etc).

A WoC style show was discussed but not tied to the Avatar project. I have not heard anything about a nighttime show that's attached to the Avatar project (theme, budget, etc).

I lump them together because if AK is going to have a revival I would hope they would have learned from DCA that it's best to get it all done at once, and open basically a whole new park.

I lump them together because if AK is going to have a revival I would hope they would have learned from DCA that it's best to get it all done at once, and open basically a whole new park.
From what i've heard, WDI realizes the need to try and do this as much as possible for DAK to help make it more of a full day park, but there is about $750M (educated guess based on what insiders have said about the budget being between the FLE and DCA budget) for the expansion to be divided between Avatar and other park improvements. The majority will obviously be spent to make Avatar as good as possible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens besides that.

From what i've heard, WDI realizes the need to try and do this as much as possible for DAK to help make it more of a full day park, but there is about $750M (educated guess based on what insiders have said about the budget being between the FLE and DCA budget) for the expansion to be divided between Avatar and other park improvements. The majority will obviously be spent to make Avatar as good as possible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens besides that.

750 is a ton I don't see happening. It'll be Avatar and MAYBE a night show, and I don't see that being much over 500 million

750 is a ton I don't see happening. It'll be Avatar and MAYBE a night show, and I don't see that being much over 500 million
Just going based on what i've heard members on WDWMagic have said (who I tend to trust as reliable). I'd love to see at least a nighttime show or parade along with this though. It won't directly bring in any money, but will definitely help to keep people in the park later everyday, spending more money (which is all they want really).

One of the top insiders on Magic told me about the night show being taken off the plans. What do you say about that?

One of the top insiders on Magic told me about the night show being taken off the plans. What do you say about that?
I believe it. I never said the night show was something certain. If you look at my first post in the thread today, I actually said I thought the nighttime show was most likely to be cut.

Doesn't mean I can't still hope for a night show or parade in the future. Without one, it will never truly feel like a full day park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.