Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter level

I really hope this happens, but I'm hesitant in being interested anything with avatar. I don't know really why, it just doesn't appeal to me and I'm sure i'm not alone on this, it's just a very poor showing. Wish Disney ditched avatar and just did something worthwhile like Star Wars in its place.

I really hope this happens, but I'm hesitant in being interested anything with avatar. I don't know really why, it just doesn't appeal to me and I'm sure i'm not alone on this, it's just a very poor showing. Wish Disney ditched avatar and just did something worthwhile like Star Wars in its place.
I didn't think the movie was anything special either, but the most appealing part of it easily was the aesthetics. For creating a fully immersive theme park environment (on the Potter level), that's the absolute biggest thing. There are very few IP's on the level of Star Was or Potter. If they do this right and step up their game with a kick-ass ride and create a great area, then what does the IP matter in the grand scheme of things?

Avatar could be great. I think it will be really good.

I don't think it changes the Orlando theme park climate like Potter does in any way.
If Avatar does indeed end up on the level of Potter, it would only be because it doesn't have the huge fanbase as far as changing the Orlando theme park climate.

If Avatar does indeed end up on the level of Potter, it would only be because it doesn't have the huge fanbase as far as changing the Orlando theme park climate.

well what we dont know is how well the next movies will do...say avatar does 1.4 billion (half of the first) it will have some serious momentum going into the dak project.....i would look for a 10 to 15 % attendance jump at dak.

I haven't paid much attention to the project since it was on the ropes for a while, but it seems to have firmed up quite a bit. After reading the last few pages and HTF's comments, I really want to know how drunk Cameron had to get the Disney folks to agree to spending the kind of money that would be associated with something game changing. :lol:

Also, if Disney builds a roller coaster that isn't done by Vekoma, I will be really surprised. Yes, they've worked with Intamin and Mauer for rides, but I've not heard anything good about their relationship with Disney regarding those attractions.

I haven't paid much attention to the project since it was on the ropes for a while, but it seems to have firmed up quite a bit. After reading the last few pages and HTF's comments, I really want to know how drunk Cameron had to get the Disney folks to agree to spending the kind of money that would be associated with something game changing. :lol:

Also, if Disney builds a roller coaster that isn't done by Vekoma, I will be really surprised. Yes, they've worked with Intamin and Mauer for rides, but I've not heard anything good about their relationship with Disney regarding those attractions.
It's looking more and more like the TEA attendance estimates are a fabrication and attendance at DHS and DAK are in freefall. They realize they need to stop the bleeding. This is probably why EC, DHS, and DAK are now priced lower than MK (EC makes it up in booze sales.)

I heard they started a project on the financing side that I think might be to get better more consistent numbers. Maybe this is because some of the information they were getting wasn't accurate?

I know that the post fireworks/parade rushes throw the turnstile exit numbers a bit at the MK, and even at Epcot, but surely their tracking is better than that totally throwing their numbers? I know they're actively testing a new visual counting system at the Magic Kingdom at the two tunnels under the train, but that can't be as reliable as the ticket data. The systems that they use aren't always connected in the best/most logical way, or even at all, but I have a hard time allowing that they've not had numbers within tenths of a percentage point for attendance with the number of systems they have.

The systems not connected may be the issue and it isn't that their attendance numbers are wrong, I think it is other data they want need is the issue. Attendance is not everything,

To me comparing Avatar to Harry Potter is like comparing Xbox One to PS4. The most successful movie franchises EVER are Harry Potter and Star Wars. Enough said. Get on that Disney. And I know not everyone hates Avatar but I just don't think it should be a priority like Star Wars should be.

To me comparing Avatar to Harry Potter is like comparing Xbox One to PS4. The most successful movie franchises EVER are Harry Potter and Star Wars. Enough said. Get on that Disney. And I know not everyone hates Avatar but I just don't think it should be a priority like Star Wars should be.
I think it's time to succumb to the fact that the Avatar expansion is in fact happening and it could be glorious. It could suck. Who knows. But there's no point in arguing this. Avatar is happening and especially if the Star Wars expansion gets the green light, which it seems is likely, what's the problem?

Apparently the whiffs you heard about may have been that the motorbike coaster has been resurrected...for Star Wars.

AAAHHH!!! I was just talking about this with my husband yesterday, and a Star Wars land would seriously make me consider getting an AP. As far as an Avatar land, I think it's a terrible idea and would be a huge waste of money, although I don't think they'll ever build it.

yeah we heard you the first 7 times you posted it....if you hate it so much why bother coming to the thread...sounds like its coming so i think the conversation should be more about whats in it

- - - Updated - - -

AAAHHH!!! I was just talking about this with my husband yesterday, and a Star Wars land would seriously make me consider getting an AP. As far as an Avatar land, I think it's a terrible idea and would be a huge waste of money, although I don't think they'll ever build it.

how about we give it a chance and wait for details at d23 before we say its a terrible idea
i think with a e ticket and proper budget we could have a themed land on the scale of mysterious island

- - - Updated - - -

comparing star wars to avatar is like comparing jordan to lebron james...it gets old...star wars fans/geeks you have an e ticket a month dedicated to your IP and a soon to be lage expansion its not like you re being left out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.