Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah we heard you the first 7 times you posted it....if you hate it so much why bother coming to the thread...sounds like its coming so i think the conversation should be more about whats in it

- - - Updated - - -

how about we give it a chance and wait for details at d23 before we say its a terrible idea
i think with a e ticket and proper budget we could have a themed land on the scale of mysterious island

- - - Updated - - -

comparing star wars to avatar is like comparing jordan to lebron james...it gets old...star wars fans/geeks you have an e ticket a month dedicated to your IP and a soon to be lage expansion its not like you re being left out lol

You offended or something? I would rather have any Disney movie not already made into a land or ride. And just because I comment on this thread doesn't mean I have to like the idea of Avatar coming to AK.

Last edited:
The reason I think Avatar is a terrible idea is that I don't think it has the fan base, or staying power, of Potter or Star Wars. Episode IV was released in 1977, and the franchise continues to create new fans with each generation. Potter is a classic that I think will do the same. You don't hear of conventions or entire theme park weekends devoted to Avatar.

The reason I think Avatar is a terrible idea is that I don't think it has the fan base, or staying power, of Potter or Star Wars. Episode IV was released in 1977, and the franchise continues to create new fans with each generation. Potter is a classic that I think will do the same. You don't hear of conventions or entire theme park weekends devoted to Avatar.

Sorry to keep :horse: but avatar doesn't have the same effect such as a created universe compared to Potter and Star Wars. I recently purchased the complete collection on blu ray last week and forcing my partner to watch it and told her the exact same thing. These are really the two main franchises which has created a whole new world. Avatar just hasn't, it may have done so well at the box office but it left such a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

I'm all for the expansion but I just don't think it will change Orlando's parks much at all.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I beg to differ:

http://avatarmeet.com/

And there are several online fan sites, like this one, all about Avatar. Guess there are fans after all. So maybe we can now knock off the nonsense saying no one cares about or remembers this movie. Apparently, many do.

And honestly, using the argument that they don't have conventions or what not is ludicrous in the first place. The great majority of IP's don't hold conventions. I don't hear of many conventions for Song of the South or Twilight Zone, but they make two of the best rides in WDW. I don't know how many times it needs to be said that the IP isn't everything. As long as there are quality attractions - preferably at least one mega E on the level of FJ, TF or Spidey (which Disney has still yet to do) - and true to the movie theming, I don't see why it can't be a great, immersive environment.

Everyone is just getting so stuck on the IP, most saying they should do something Star Wars instead. Guess what? They likely are doing both! Besides, SW would fit worse in DAK than Avatar does.

Many great attractions are built around the world that are not attachted to an IP, If the land is amazing who would care a hoot if the films were a hit or a miss?

Many great attractions are built around the world that are not attachted to an IP, If the land is amazing who would care a hoot if the films were a hit or a miss?

i totally agree good thing the film was as successful as a film can be commercially, critically, and home sales..... i m ready for this project to start construction because im over debating it.....i know its all in good fun but im would love to move on

I think the issue with Avatar is that we are analyzing the lasting power of this franchise while it's developing. There are so many franchises that have lasting power, but that doesn't mean they are going to bring people into a theme park.

Beastly Kingdom does seem a better idea than Avatar .
Avatar seems too one dimensional to me but with BK you could have different themes
What about meet and Greets ? I mean does anyone really want a photo with any character from Avatar?
I love Disney so hope Im wrong

I think the issue with Avatar is that we are analyzing the lasting power of this franchise while it's developing. There are so many franchises that have lasting power, but that doesn't mean they are going to bring people into a theme park.
i get that....this franchise is just starting so we dont know but im betting on cameron (and history) it weil turn out very well done...anyway looking forward to d23

Avatar seems too one dimensional to me but with BK you could have different themes
What about meet and Greets ? I mean does anyone really want a photo with any character from Avatar?

Got to move on from BK. It is dead. For your own sake, move on.

well avatar does have an entire world to base a theme park land after..i actually think its more diverse than beastly kingdom

i get that....this franchise is just starting so we dont know but im betting on cameron (and history) it weil turn out very well done...anyway looking forward to d23

I'm sure the tech involved will be awesome, I'm not doubting that. I know in 25 years people will still talk about Avatar, but I'm highly curious if it will be regarded as one of the greatest films of all time. Adjusted for inflation the 1965 movie "Doctor Zhivago" is the 8th highest grossing film of all times. When have you EVER heard anyone talk about this movie?

I'm sure the tech involved will be awesome, I'm not doubting that. I know in 25 years people will still talk about Avatar, but I'm highly curious if it will be regarded as one of the greatest films of all time. Adjusted for inflation the 1965 movie "Doctor Zhivago" is the 8th highest grossing film of all times. When have you EVER heard anyone talk about this movie?

haha good point...so it really comes down to the land and attractions themselves..look at Mysterious Island at TDS..great e ticket and great themed land basically with no IP...considered some of wdi's best work

Status
Not open for further replies.