Pass Member Park Takeover Event - June 9 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Pass Member Park Takeover Event - June 9

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I did enjoy the event, and it was good for a first time event. Felt quite a bit like Eve, but with smaller crowds. Energy was good with the crowds. Lines were generally pretty reasonable all night, not much got past a 30 min wait, and a lot were walk ons--with the exception of the 70 min tram wait at 9pm (when the tram closed at 9:15), and the fact they seemed very understaffed with trams, as maybe only two trams loaded in about 20 minutes of waiting. But when we finally got on the tram, the crowd was super enthusiastic and really into everything.

I do hope they can add even more to do for future events. I'd love to see any of the following:
  • More specialty entertainment/characters (think of the rare characters Disney puts out for Disney After Dark events)
  • Encourage fan costumes for Universal movies, maybe have a costume contest
  • Small museum/exhibit with old Universal attractions, facts, trivia
  • More specialty food/drink items
  • Additional bars, lines for alcohol were quite long... like how HHN has additional bars, like the one on the second level of Jurassic Cafe
  • Opportunities to access backstage areas (would love to see the second floor balconly above Guest Relations), backlot
  • Giveaways (like a pin/button), specialized merch
  • Play any of the Castle light shows
  • Mummy with the lights on

For a free event I had a great time

the main thing I think they could have easily done is a Mario meet and greet or at least photo op

also no dinosaur meet and greets when the film is out

not complaint just weird you’d think they want to promote the movie more

I did enjoy the event, and it was good for a first time event. Felt quite a bit like Eve, but with smaller crowds. Energy was good with the crowds. Lines were generally pretty reasonable all night, not much got past a 30 min wait, and a lot were walk ons--with the exception of the 70 min tram wait at 9pm (when the tram closed at 9:15), and the fact they seemed very understaffed with trams, as maybe only two trams loaded in about 20 minutes of waiting. But when we finally got on the tram, the crowd was super enthusiastic and really into everything.

I do hope they can add even more to do for future events. I'd love to see any of the following:
  • More specialty entertainment/characters (think of the rare characters Disney puts out for Disney After Dark events)
  • Encourage fan costumes for Universal movies, maybe have a costume contest
  • Small museum/exhibit with old Universal attractions, facts, trivia
  • More specialty food/drink items
  • Additional bars, lines for alcohol were quite long... like how HHN has additional bars, like the one on the second level of Jurassic Cafe
  • Opportunities to access backstage areas (would love to see the second floor balconly above Guest Relations), backlot
  • Giveaways (like a pin/button), specialized merch
  • Play any of the Castle light shows
  • Mummy with the lights on

These are all great suggestions and I think if they even did half of this list it would be a major improvement.

Did anyone see if Frankenstein’s monster and the Bride were out at all? I only saw Beetlejuice throughout the night. I was hoping to see the Bride!

Reactions: Rideguy70
I was looking for them too, and never saw them. Hardly saw any characters at all. I still haven't run into the Bride at all.

I know they used to have a Mummy costume... remember when they had a costumed mummy character to scare guests at the exit of Mummy? And I also agree a Mario character preview would have been great.

I noticed they did basically "reuse" all the Grad Nite stages, but really, I didn't mind that... not that I get to Grad Nite anyway, so it was all new to me, and honestly, from an operations point of view, is a great way to get extra use from their Grad Nite set ups. It's sort of a win-win for the park.

What I also like about some of my suggestions is that most of them wouldn't really cost the park much money to do at all, so they'd be pretty attainable. The lower lot needed more to do... aside from the lone DJ and some light effects, nothing was really any different. A lights on Mummy would be a fun take on the ride for APs, and probably really easy for USH to pull off.

WDW news
“REVIEW: Universal Studios Hollywood Pass Member Takeover Disappoints”

Literally don’t know how a free event that advertised what it was could disappoint but guess they have to get clicks somehow

(not saying you can’t hate the event but most people online seemed to like it or love it, so feels like click bait to me)