Peacock (Streaming Service) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Peacock (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This actually seems like something I might be into. I might watch the free episode, but even if I were to love it, i'm not paying for premium probably until Bel Air gets released. Then I can just pay for a month, sample out any interesting originals up to that point and cancel after that month.

Had I gotten the $29.99 deal for a year, i'd definitely watch just to feel like I was getting my money's worth, but in hindsight, i'm sort of glad I didn't pay that, even if it was a great deal, as this first year has just been very slow. I know Covid has played a huge role, but again, like I mentioned with HBO Max, there's no real excuse for this service to have launched without a marquee title.

The Undeclared War takes place in the post-pandemic world of 2024 against the backdrop of an upcoming British general election involving the UK’s first Black Conservative prime minister (Lester). It tracks a leading team of analysts at the heart of the UK’s NSA-style spy agency GCHQ as they attempt to ward off a cyber-attack on the country’s electoral system.

Pegg features as Danny Patrick, GCHQ’s head of operations, while Rylance plays John Yeabsley, a GCHQ old hand, who is brought back into the fold to support former colleagues in combatting the heightened threat level. Khalique-Brown is Saara Parvan, a young student doing work experience in the GCHQ Malware Department, while other characters include Kathy Freeman (Richardson-Sellers), an American cyber-analyst on attachment at GCHQ from the NSA, and GCHQ head David Neal (Jennings).

Reactions: RevFreako

Peacock has given a straight-to-series order to Wolf Like Me, a six-episode half-hour genre-bending romantic comedy from Little Monsters helmer Abe Forsythe, starring Josh Gad and Isla Fisher. The series is produced by Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories in partnership with Endeavor Content and Australia streaming service Stan.

Created and written by Forsythe, in Wolf Like Me, everyone brings their own set of baggage to a new relationship. Gary (Gad) and Mary (Fisher) are no different. Gary is an emotional wreck and struggles to provide for his daughter since the death of his wife. Mary has a secret she can’t bring herself to share with anyone. The universe brought these two together for a reason, they just need to keep following the signs.

Peacock is circling an anthology series project from Good Girls creator/executive producer Jenna Bans and her frequent collaborator, the series’ writer/executive producer Bill Krebs. The streamer is considering a development deal for the project, produced by Universal Television, where Bans is under a deal.

Co-created and executive produced by Bans and Krebs, who also would serve as showrunners, the Untitled Bans/Krebs Anthology Project follows darkly comedic twisted love stories throughout history. The first season, based on the Washington Post article “Flight of the Heart,” explores the true story of Ron McIntosh and Samantha “Dorinda” Lopez, two unlikely criminals who met at the original Club Fed prison in the mid-1980s, fell in love and desperate to be together forever, staged what would become one of the most daring prison escapes in history.

Last edited:
Rutherford Falls was a lot of fun. It starts off iffy but definitely picks itself up by the end of episode four. I do think one of the biggest issues is in Ed Helms character but all the other characters especially Reagan and Bobbie Yang are a delight.

As a fan of Schurr's shows, I'm going to have to check this out.

1 Billion hours have been watched, 20% more hours watched per user than anticipated.

They are happy they choose AVOD. Monthly active accounts (MMA) are what they use to describe value. MMA are the people are paying every month or using at least 4 hours a day for a week. 1/3 of the sign ups are MAA. They are one third of Hulu of active users in one year so they are happy. Quarterly users are much higher and adds 10 million. More people watch Peacock a day than they do NBC. The success is despite not launching with their launch programming which is rampantly coming in the next few quarters.

So 14 million active users monthly which means hulu has 42 million active users. Of those who use quarterly it goes up 10 million for peacock so 24 million use it for a week every three months.

In the future the hope is all of the content on Peacock will not be found on any other streaming platform. Content spending currently is not represented as many launch day productions and planned productions are still delayed due to COVID.

Last edited:
They also just releases Season 1 of the Office with SuperFan episodes

Glad because they started with season 3, so glad to know every season will be getting longer episodes. I will still wait for all episodes to be edited but just a heads up to office fans who have the service

Reactions: tielo
They also just releases Season 1 of the Office with SuperFan episodes

Glad because they started with season 3, so glad to know every season will be getting longer episodes. I will still wait for all episodes to be edited but just a heads up to office fans who have the service

Michael Schur confirmed Parks and Rec will also be receiving superfan cuts as well

Last edited:

I watched the first three episodes of Rutherford Falls (the free episodes). It's fine, but I was expecting a bit more from the person behind Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Good Place. Ed Helms is good in the lead role, but I find the rest of the cast to be rather bland and tbh, the central plot isn't all that engaging.

I also haven't really found the show as funny as it aims to be. The humor is dry, which is fine, but there hasn't been any moments where i'm genuinely laughing out loud like with other Schur shows. Simply put, the show is like a straight drama one second and then it goes into the dry humor the next scene and it just doesn't work as well as his other shows and feels like the show is confused on what it wants to be.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Girls5eva is fun but will need another season to settle into its characters.

Rutherford Falls is interesting and I like the turn towards dramedy compared to other Schur shows. I kinda don't like that they only made three episodes available for free since the fourth one is a genuinely great piece of drama centered on Michael Greyeyes and his motivations. As Nick said, though, it's not the funniest show.

Reactions: Nick
I watched the first three episodes of Rutherford Falls (the free episodes). It's fine, but I was expecting a bit more from the person behind Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Good Place. Ed Helms is good in the lead role, but I find the rest of the cast to be rather bland and tbh, the central plot isn't all that engaging.

I also haven't really found the show as funny as it aims to be. The humor is dry, which is fine, but there hasn't been any moments where i'm genuinely laughing out loud like with other Schur shows. Simply put, the show is like a straight drama one second and then it goes into the dry humor the next scene and it just doesn't work as well as his other shows and feels like the show is confused on what it wants to be.

Michael Schur is the producer. The show is written mostly by Native Americans. Episode 4 is when the show completely changes.

Michael Schur is the producer. The show is written mostly by Native Americans. Episode 4 is when the show completely changes.
I’ll probably finish it eventually, but I’ll wait until I sign up for premium which right now I don’t expect to be until Bel-Air drops.

it seems like peacock is being the true crime/docuseries network with all the new shows they greenlit.

it seems like peacock is being the true crime/docuseries network with all the new shows they greenlit.

How long has NBC run Dateline? I stopped watching when they went to crime reenactments rather than news/intrest stories. More of the CSI< CSIM< CSILA< CS bull

Netflix already has an abundance of this stuff and it’s super popular. It may help Peacock, but I’d hardly call Peacock the true crime network.