Picture of the Day - Orlando | Page 414 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Must be a Universal fan :lol:

Seriously though the hell with that jerk, some people couldn't spot talent if it bit them in the ass.

PoseidonsFuryStatue-01.jpg

thanks guys, glad someone gets some joy out of it i recently entered it into a photography competition to be told by the judge

"obviously taken at some stunt show, rather than a race or rally, so the photographer knew this event was going to happen not much thought, so all he had to do was frame the shot. completely predictable"

i hate to take sides but what the judge said is completely true. a lot of what photography is is that you are capturing a great moment. and a lot of photographers wait for that moment for a long time. and thats part of the art and what makes a great photo. to the judges it seemed like you cheated because you didn't earn that moment. also id like to note that in that quote they didn't say anything about the quality of the image.

i hate to take sides but what the judge said is completely true. a lot of what photography is is that you are capturing a great moment. and a lot of photographers wait for that moment for a long time. and thats part of the art and what makes a great photo. to the judges it seemed like you cheated because you didn't earn that moment. also id like to note that in that quote they didn't say anything about the quality of the image.

Dude he had to sit through lights motors action for 40 mins to get that shot! That's the equivalent 10-12 hours in a nature setting.

to be fair take it for whats its worth i only knew a guy was set on fire at the show from other shots i had never seen lights motors action

what you say may be true but when a photographer captures an image it shouldnt matter if he knew it was going to happen, we all know a sunset/rise will happen buy the views of this judge none of them should be considered real photography. i'm not saying you or the judge are wrong in your view just that if you are going to critique a shot then give actual feedback on technique or rules of photography. you ask about his views of the quality of the image there are none because he refused to, this happened to others at the contest. he viewed it as if the photographer is not willing to put any input or energy into taking the shot why should he waste his time critiquing it.

anyway its a different day so a new photo.

tumblr_mcohfqCFt21rszuwqo1_500.jpg