Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice to have some details - length is a little disappointing but that’s typical with B&M prototypes… Oblivion is basically like lift hill, drop, return to station.

My bet is some form of standing - can’t be a “surf” coaster if you’re in the middle of a 4-wide with a person on each of your shoulders.

Wild Arctic ain't coming back. The simulators have been removed in the same way that the simulators were removed for Akbar's Adventure years ago at BGT, but the building remains for HOS. The building is mostly used as break space and for HOS now, along with an animal enclosure for guests, I believe.

I hope there's a bigger long-term plan, but I don't have much hope for that. As mentioned, I would love to see the Dynamic Attractions Flying Theater which I don't think should be overly expensive and it would give them a solid indoor ride. I do agree that Sesame Street is probably where I would start with an indoor ride though because it's such a no brainer and again really shouldn't cost too much. There needs to be something for people to do in this park when it rains.
Yeah I can't get over how Legoland has an indoor shooter AND a flying theater

Yet SW and BGT don't

Reactions: Freak and Moose84
It’s likely just the mid launch hill, but this feels like a coaster that would be well suited to have a SeaWorld Rescue/jet ski theme ala Wave Breaker. Supposedly SeaWorld has wanted to use a similar theme in Orlando for a while and this seems like a pretty darn good opportunity to do so.

Also, the permits seem to disprove the entrance relocation theory.

Reactions: shiekra38
It’s likely just the mid launch hill, but this feels like a coaster that would be well suited to have a SeaWorld Rescue/jet ski theme ala Wave Breaker. Supposedly SeaWorld has wanted to use a similar theme in Orlando for a while and this seems like a pretty darn good opportunity to do so.

The only thing that doesn't fit is the Project Penguin name itself. I'm betting Emperor will be the final name, with the coaster themed to penguins in the water.

Last edited:
The only thing that doesn't fit is the Project Penguin name itself. I'm betting Emperor will be the final name, withthe coaster themed to penguins in the water.
I would bet significant amounts of money against this project being penguin themed. I'm not too familiar with how SeWorld does their project names, but do we have any precedent to project name=theme.

I feel this coaster will probably have more of a tropical theme/aesthetic

Honestly it could be "themed" to darn near anything sea related lol

I do miss them choosing animal's to focus a ride around

Come to think of it, dolphins swim pretty fast
___

My big question I'm wondering, is it possible to do lite inversions with the clamshell restraints?

If so, that would be amazing

__
Also, from the general updates page...I find it interesting that they are changing the color of Kraken

The track color in the concept for Project Penguin seems to be very close to Kraken's old color track

Perhaps I'm reading too much into BGW Fan's colour scheme

Last edited:

I would read the article when you get the chance, otherwise, you'll miss out on probably the most interesting feature of the patent.

From what I understand, there will be a hydraulic device under the seat that would move according to the direction of the forces to give passengers a more smooth experience. That's kind of genius.

Also, I'm glad B&M is finally catching on with the newer more comfortable "OTSRs"

I would read the article when you get the chance, otherwise, you'll miss out on probably the most interesting feature of the patent.

From what I understand, there will be a hydraulic device under the seat that would move according to the direction of the forces to give passengers a more smooth experience. That's kind of genius.

Also, I'm glad B&M is finally catching on with the newer more comfortable "OTSRs"
Yeah, that was the most surprising element to me, and it can be added to Inverts as well as Flyers

Intamin's OTS is the best in the industry next to the clamshell, but from what I understand the clam is limited in acrobatics that it can do

This is a great option for the future

Reactions: Freak
Looks like they're re-starting construction. From a Facebook post in a SeaWorld Passholder group:
274179181_3095874290629076_1417181321650714892_n.png

Wowza, I wonder if they're bullish on getting this open next year

Does it seem Sea World has an infusion of cash/credit lately?
Yes, they are repainting and rehabbing areas like crazy

Has anyone actually watched the Shamu show recently to make sure the Orcas haven't been sold?

I'm guessing they must have to get this built ASAP to get the "world's first" title. My guess is B&M sold one in Europe or China which will possibly open at the same time as this will and SeaWorld wants that publicity as first in the world. That or they just have to contractually or lose their deal on the exclusivity. They could theoretically get it built before the end of the year-- a B&M has a relatively short assembly time.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm guessing they must have to get this built ASAP to get the "world's first" title. My guess is B&M sold one in Europe or China which will possibly open at the same time as this will and SeaWorld wants that publicity as first in the world. That or they just have to contractually or lose their deal on the exclusivity. They could theoretically get it built before the end of the year-- a B&M has a relatively short assembly time.
Yeah Ocean Park was rumored to get one, this was the rumored "concept look" for a surf coaster

82792533_2222911358014250_3466256457203187712_n.jpg