Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And poor Journey To Atlantis just sitting there watching like
will-ferrell-peeping.gif
Lol yeah, at least it's getting some track replaced

Someone explain this to me like I’m 5…

What about this is different from the standup roller coasters that were so unpopular, there not only hasn’t been one built in 20+ years but they’ve been pouring money into converting them to sit down rides?

Someone explain this to me like I’m 5…

What about this is different from the standup roller coasters that were so unpopular, there not only hasn’t been one built in 20+ years but they’ve been pouring money into converting them to sit down rides?

It's essentially how the position is changing somewhat, as part of the restraints being changed. Adding more comfort for critical sections like where the groin rests, alongside the restraints being changed to either B&M's more recent vest restraints (or the recently patented restraints mimicking more of Intamin LSM coasters as of late like Velocicoaster and Taron.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
I guess I’d be on board for Velocicoaster restraints, but that doesn’t really solve the issue of being uncomfortable standing up while riding a roller coaster. Sure, getting whacked in the groin wasn’t fun so if they have a solve for that, great…but having to put G-force on your locked up knees was way worse.

Looks like we're gearing up for another year of a moderate to large addition at all SW and BG parks (with San Diego potentially excluded).

Looks like we're gearing up for another year of a moderate to large addition at all SW and BG parks (with San Diego potentially excluded).
I'm interested to see how fast the Screamin Swing goes up at BGT this year

They do have a solve for this! The bottom of the seats will be magnetically braced and slightly flexible allowing for a smooth experience in terms of vertical forces, no more knee, butt, or groin pain.
I'm unconvinced this will be a stand up coaster, although, if they could somehow correct previous issues, then I'm all for it

I think the simple answer is the correct one here. SeaWorld needs another coaster between IB and Mako, B&M needs a launch concept that competes with Intamin, Mack, and Vekoma

Sorry if I've asked before but why do we not have a Sesame Street Dark ride? Seems like an easy win. Make it a people eater and use the area that was for that stupid "sub ride that is now a picnic area

Reactions: UPSguy and WAJAS
From what I've been hearing, SW's real need in terms of new coaster thrill level is between IB and Grover/JTA
In coaster terms, that's a pretty hard gap to reasonably fill. And it's even harder to market such a ride. I just don't see a ride that's not for little kids but also provides minimal thrill as having much public appeal.

Sorry if I've asked before but why do we not have a Sesame Street Dark ride? Seems like an easy win. Make it a people eater and use the area that was for that stupid "sub ride that is now a picnic area
I just had a moment of extreme disappointment realizing that I can't use the "because they have no money" excuse anymore.

Then Sunny day get work on that ride right away
But no joke, they could literally make it SS: goes to the aquarium and have you see the characters and have fish in a few rooms and it would be a fun time and if they use a system that eats people would be perfect for summer crowds

From what I've been hearing, SW's real need in terms of new coaster thrill level is between IB and Grover/JTA
Yeah, I would say that a "coaster" isn't necessarily the answer there

Unfortunately Antarctica and Infinity kind of fill those spots, but one is shuttered and one is very wet all the time

Although I wouldn't have hated the Sea Rescue Coaster in Orlando

Most people don't miss Antarctica-- if they were crying out for it to re-open they would have fixed it by now. Cost of repair versus return on investment just doesn't justify the expenditure. The penguin walk through is just fine.

As for the Sesame dark ride, I'd guess they have it planned in another year or two. Kids are pretty well covered at the moment, they're still targeting the thrill demographic. Another year or two it will be time for a family addition again. There may also be an exclusivity contract for the Sesame dark ride that needs to run out first.

Personally I am still hoping that future plans might include a family flat ride package. Just adding a wave swing and troika like San Diego has would be great additions and round out their ride selection a great deal.

I think people are mistaking the company having cash on hand with the company having access to capital for strategic expenditure. There's a big difference between the money they offered for Cedar Fair with their cap-ex budget. The money for Cedar Fair would have been recouped much more quickly than further spending on new things in the parks.

Personally I am still hoping that future plans might include a family flat ride package. Just adding a wave swing and troika like San Diego has would be great additions and round out their ride selection a great deal.

I've been saying this for years! A nice family flat package would go a long way to filling out the park. Put a swinging ship next to the Sky Tower, a family drop tower and bumper cars by Manta, and an Air Race (or some other kind of inverting flat) near Infinity Falls. This would fill in a lot of the gaps between the kiddie rides and thrill coasters - maybe not the most marketable additions in the world, but it would push the ride count higher.

I don't think people are talking enough about the new hydraulic seat design that B&M came up with

If it feels like I think, it could feel like you're gliding on glass

Add in the fact of the open restraints and elevation above the ride vehicle floor, the Surf Coaster could be surprising