Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Play! Pavilion

Also, with GOTG about to be a huge draw on that side of the park, Wonders of Life sitting idly nearby is even more noticeable than ever. PLAY would've been smart to open simultaneously as a nearby alternative while the bigger kids ride the coaster next door.
Would have served as a nice place for the parents that don’t like coasters to go with their kids while the rest of the family goes on GOTG.

Hopefully the Making of Me is still in there
The Making of Me is literally the most hilarious and awkward thing to ever be put into a theme park. Not only was having Martin Short narrate it comedic gold, but it's also hilarious that a company like Disney that has always been rather conservative and careful of their brand thought "Yeah, a movie about sex and the conception of life will work in a Disney Park. Just make sure it's animated and funny!"

The Making of Me is literally the most hilarious and awkward thing to ever be put into a theme park. Not only was having Martin Short narrate it comedic gold, but it's also hilarious that a company like Disney that has always been rather conservative and careful of their brand thought "Yeah, a movie about sex and the conception of life will work in a Disney Park. Just make sure it's animated and funny!"
It was a wild choice and one of the more humorous "Disney, WTF" moments of the previous eras

I don't think they'll spin it as a new announcement, but they'll give an update on it for sure.

I know it's an extreme long shot, but I can always hope against hope that they'll update the original plan from just being basically a character spot into an area that uses the Body Wars or Cranium Command show buildings for *something*. A show or even, at minimum, a carousel in a box! Do the Poppins carousel in a box plans here if you aren't willing to build in the UK. At least here, the box already exists.

Cranium Command..... but redone with Inside Out

Although to be fair, the entire Pavillion could become an emotional whirlwind of rides/attractions that make up the wonders of life

I don't think they'll spin it as a new announcement, but they'll give an update on it for sure.

I know it's an extreme long shot, but I can always hope against hope that they'll update the original plan from just being basically a character spot into an area that uses the Body Wars or Cranium Command show buildings for *something*. A show or even, at minimum, a carousel in a box! Do the Poppins carousel in a box plans here if you aren't willing to build in the UK. At least here, the box already exists.

There is a ride-like experience in there... or at least they developed and tested one. A "mini" attraction, if you will.

I know what generally to expect from a normal Innoventions-type exhibit, but let me just dream for a moment that they re-use the Sum Of All Thrills vehicles in some capacity. It would be so easy to just set them up in either of the show buildings. Like I said, I can dream...

Well according to a certain website this project might be in jeopardy. Disney executives are currently on a retreat visiting WDW and supposedly Josh D’ Amaro may have axed it.

Also according to insiders a lot of progress was already made on the interior so it would be weird to just cancel something half way finished. But who knows maybe they are focusing Capex on other future projects.

Well according to a certain website this project might be in jeopardy. Disney executives are currently on a retreat visiting WDW and supposedly Josh D’ Amaro may have axed it.
Possible. Chapek and D'amaro are in Orlando currently. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised given they haven't talked publicly about this project in years, although according to insiders, the project is so far along that they might as well finish it.

Related to the actual building:

Pleasant surprise to see this thread come up again as I had a genuine ‘oh yeah I forgot that was a thing’ moment.