Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Play! Pavilion

I feel like this has gone from being a cute B/C-ticket play place to a major component of Epcot. This pavilion feels like a major part of the Future World revamp.

Not sure if it'll live up to that expectation, but I find the messaging change interesting.

I'm expecting some very flashy visuals... and little else. Which I'm sure will be fine for its target audience.

I will end up spending less time in there than I did when it was the Festival Center (to say nothing of when it was Wonders of Life).

Based on the holes that have been cutout in the Cranium Command show building, what do you guys think the likelihood is that they're turning the space into an office building?
play-pavilion-construction-aerial-11242019-2.jpg

play-pavilion-construction-aerial-11242019-3.jpg

So it really looks like we've lost both the Body Wars and Cranium Command show buildings to what looks to be converted office space (looks like they're adding windows, which means this is definitely not going to be guest space. Maybe they'll use part of it as queue for M&G's, but probably minimal.

So basically we got the building back for guest use, but ONLY the main dome area as it looks like the show buildings have been Rhine River-ed. Maybe down the road...

Maybe, maybe not. There are some more substantial elements to this that may surprise people.
The only thing i've really heard about this is that the ceiling is going to look pretty from the projection mapping they're going to do. If this is more than a glorified Character Spot, I guess i'll surprised in a good way as i'm not expecting much out of this.

So...was this Disney’s answer to the interactivity features in Super Nintendo World? Seems sort of possible.

The only thing i've really heard about this is that the ceiling is going to look pretty from the projection mapping they're going to do. If this is more than a glorified Character Spot, I guess i'll surprised in a good way as i'm not expecting much out of this.

It's more than that.

I'm shocked that they seem to be still moving forward with this. Guess construction was far enough along that it didn't make sense to cancel. Still expecting to see some aspects scaled back though.