Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Portofino Bay

I've always felt it was missing something I couldn't quite figure out

Of course, I'm a sucker for RP
The walk was a bit much for me as I like going back and forth during the day. And it always seemed like the interior pool area was closed for private parties. Bad luck maybe. Often have run into that at the RP luau

Pics don't show this, but are we thinking that they took down all the pictures/artwork of the real Portofino Bay that were in the rooms?

The walk was a bit much for me as I like going back and forth during the day. And it always seemed like the interior pool area was closed for private parties. Bad luck maybe. Often have run into that at the RP luau
I agree completely, that and Hard Rock are ideal for us folks that go back and forth throughout the day

Sitting at Thirsty Fish as they have just reopened. As expected, very slow but so nice so see them back. Surprised the Bar American was not upgraded during the closure as was rumored. Guess only rooms upgraded. Still, nice to see Portofino back, one step closer to normal

Did they put up the Christmas tree in the harbor? Couldn't tell in some pics I saw..

Dockside has a tree and it wasn'suppose to open either. It may still show up.

Oh, @agentj to reply to a post, just hit the reply button and type you thoughts after the last bracketed "quote".
My bad, trying to type on my phone in the airport. One of the managers at Portofino said they usually order the tree months in advance and did not
think one would be in this year, IDK

I stayed here in December and Della's was still closed obviously. So we ate at Bice and it was phenomenal. Having never been to Della's before. How do they compare?

I stayed here in December and Della's was still closed obviously. So we ate at Bice and it was phenomenal. Having never been to Della's before. How do they compare?
Della's is significantly less expensive. Bice food appears more adventuresome. I prefer Della's homey, very comforting, decor and layout to the contemporary Bice, but that's more a matter of individual
preference. Myself, if I'm paying very high end prices I'd rather eat at The Palms in Hard Rock, therefore, though I go to Portofino often, I don't do Bice.

Last edited:
Just a few scribbles. All deluxe hotels are at capacity this month (80%). Crowds are very large in parks and long lines for everything. Citywalk resturants are booked solid every night. Tough to get a reservation unless you book in advance.
Some TM,s are saying it's like precovid. While crowded, Uni still seems to be getting good compliance to Covid rules except for spacing in the walkways. Looks like Uni may get long term benefits as to how they have reacted to the situation