Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am actually mildly excited for this, even it being walkthrough (albeit on a moving walkway) makes perfect sense, since you are at a conference you would be moving about on your feet. And since you will have a more or less continuous moving line, should be okay-ish capacity wise.

Reactions: shiekra38
I think I mentioned it in a podcast, but my theory is the Villain-Con is just the theme of the entry/queue and maybe preshow, with the actual attraction being a behind the scenes type thing… exactly like MiB Alien Attack has Universe and You and then the MiB headquarters with agent training. This could have a secret lair behind the convention, etc.

I think I mentioned it in a podcast, but my theory is the Villain-Con is just the theme of the entry/queue and maybe preshow, with the actual attraction being a behind the scenes type thing… exactly like MiB Alien Attack has Universe and You and then the MiB headquarters with agent training. This could have a secret lair behind the convention, etc.
Might it be the opposite? Villian-Con is a secret event in the movie. So maybe something in a pre show where we’re granted access to the secret convention?

Might it be the opposite? Villian-Con is a secret event in the movie. So maybe something in a pre show where we’re granted access to the secret convention?
I don’t think so. I think big Villain-Con banners along the exterior is a given. They want to play up the Orlando convention angle.

There’s a new movie coming out, so look to that for an idea of what direction this attraction is probably going.

I don’t think so. I think big Villain-Con banners along the exterior is a given. They want to play up the Orlando convention angle.

There’s a new movie coming out, so look to that for an idea of what direction this attraction is probably going.

If they play up the whole Orlando convention angle, maybe the rumored Minions Cafe might also relate to Villain-Con in terms of theming?

Reactions: Coolbfitz

Those posters will in all likely hood go where those Jimmy Fallon That's my Jam posters once were. Any word on how the entrance and queue will be modified for this new attraction? And how will the media for the pre show be displayed? Maybe like how they do the DreamWorks theatre preshow?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Just caught the trailer for the new Minions: Rise of Gru today and it looks like fun. It's still a HUGE franchise for Universal, I hope this new addition live up to expectations better than F&F.

Those posters will in all likely hood go where those Jimmy Fallon That's my Jam posters once were. Any word on how the entrance and queue will be modified for this new attraction? And how will the media for the pre show be displayed? Maybe like how they do the DreamWorks theatre preshow?
Have a feeling they’ll just repaint that same Hitchcock entry to the queue, but I’d happily be wrong.

Have a feeling they’ll just repaint that same Hitchcock entry to the queue, but I’d happily be wrong.
If they do, would that make it the longest-standing Universal entrance? I don’t think it’s ever had to change shape or add anything onto it as, say, Minion Mayhem has.

E.T. probably has seen less change
I looked into it, because there aren’t many photos online of E.T. in the 1990s, but there’s a video of it from 1991, and that entrance still looks the same!

Wow! I thought they’d made it to look plainer early on, and that the “Amblin” sign was, say, a 2002 addition.

Hello Kitty is rarely any busier than Lucy was during the times I've walked through the store. It doesn't seem to have anywhere near it's Japan allure.
Every time I've been through the store (not many) it was empty and looked like a static art installation with everything in its place on shelves, I can't imagine it would be hard to put a higher producing property in that space.

Every time I've been through the store (not many) it was empty and looked like a static art installation with everything in its place on shelves, I can't imagine it would be hard to put a higher producing property in that space.
Lucy was empty most times. But I always enjoyed walking through and re viewing the exhibits. Hello Kitty is just as empty , regardless of all the ballyhoo about it when it debuted in USF. That's a prime retail location. I don't know how long the contract is for that space, but I'd guess Universal would want a better retail IP in there as soon as contractual terms allow. Minions seems like it would, or should, be a consideration.