Project 727 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look guys, this is Comcast upping the NBC presence in the parks. They are using their "star"'that relates most to the theme park demo. This is Universal Creative being tasked with "We want a Jimmy Fallon/NBC ride! Make it so, Number One."

No one has a clue how the H E L L they are going to pull off a Jimmy Fallon ride using a flight simulator ride system. Out of everything going on, this is what I'm most curious about. It is going to take some real creativity to pull this off. I'm am fascinated with this project.

this sounds like a competition project. I would love for Universal to go to the students of themed entertainment, hold a competition where the winner's ride gets built.
Doesn't seem like it will be hard to pull off. I envision it being completely screen based, using a Soarin-esque ride system, starting in his studio. Something will happen and Jimmy will have to find something or want to give you a tour of NYC. It will probably be pretty cheesy, but it will be what it will be. He'll probably narrate for the most part if what I envision comes to life. Think of O Canada! at Epcot, narrated by Martin Short, except with a Soarin system.

Attendance will be much higher than Twister and they'll sell more crap, which is really all they care about anyway.

Last edited:
Yikes... I really misspoke the other day and I apologize. I knew this project was opening after something big and mistakenly typed Kong. It is opening 2017 AFTER Volcano Bay. If anyone can show me where I typed that please let me know so that I can correct. Thanks!

Yikes... I really misspoke the other day and I apologize. I knew this project was opening after something big and mistakenly typed Kong. It is opening 2017 AFTER Volcano Bay. If anyone can show me where I typed that please let me know so that I can correct. Thanks!
Post #56.

Not sure how your thread is set up. mine is in ascending order from new to old.

The difference between people not caring for Spidey/Potter but still enjoying the rides are that people have still heard of them wherever they are from.
How many British people which is a large chunk of Uni visitors have even heard of Fallon... I have despite being British but don't fancy this attraction at all.. especially if he cracks his god damn guitar out and starts singing.

I don't understand how this will open after Volcano Bay. I understand that the property is currently working on Kong and Sapphire Falls, as well as Volcano Bay soon, but this attraction seems like a giant refurb to me. They better make this something special.

I don't understand how this will open after Volcano Bay. I understand that the property is currently working on Kong and Sapphire Falls, as well as Volcano Bay soon, but this attraction seems like a giant refurb to me. They better make this something special.

I have been sitting back and thinking about this since I railed about the ride system a week ago. It might actually be good and very popular.

And regarding the word "refurb" a refurb it ain't. They are going to gut the building hollow and super-rebuild from scratch. The building is nearly incidental.

so late 2017? Hopefully this means Twister won't go down until late 2016.

I don't believe I said "long" after VB. I said some time after. Now, I don't know much about the current plans for VB, but I agree with others here that it will open for spring break 2017. I don't know that, I just think that. So after spring break is what I am thinking. I may know more, but I ain't saying more. :thumbs:

I don't believe I said "long" after VB. I said some time after. Now, I don't know much about the current plans for VB, but I agree with others here that it will open for spring break 2017. I don't know that, I just think that. So after spring break is what I am thinking. I may know more, but I ain't saying more. :thumbs:

Looks like we'll have to roll out the waterboarding tortures again. TALK, Teebin TALK!!! LOL

I remember back there was a post of a fake celebration of Twister dated Feb 2016 and Teebin said it was funny to celebrate it so close to it closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.