Project 727 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they just upgraded & refurbed the California attraction.
Yup, upgraded the projector to 4K HD... we should get it eventually. The third theatre should almost definitely debut with it.

The new projector will be needed for the new version of Soarin' once that debuts so they will need to be changed anyway.

I took a newbie on Soarin last week and they laughed at it and said it was terrible... I'm not sure Soarin' cuts it in 2015

Regardless, this attraction is not going to be a huge blockbuster Universal attraction. Just sounds like something to replace Twister that is more modern and may sell more merch. I'm approaching it with low expectations, and Twister is one of my few unfavorable attractions at the resort so I won't complain with something new in there. I doubt it's a very long term attraction anyways, similar to the older attractions in the Despicable Me building.

Everything doesn't have to be an E ticket level attraction. always room for new D's & C's. An attraction like Despicable Me has proved to be quite popular, regardless of it's low capacity. Even Kang & Kodas are entertaining.

I took a newbie on Soarin last week and they laughed at it and said it was terrible... I'm not sure Soarin' cuts it in 2015
I went on Soarin once. The ride system was cool, not my favorite but cool. I can say wasn't fond of the ride video over California. I could give one or two shizzes about flying over California. I want to be immersed into a not easily accessible setting, like a cartoon , movie, and to a lesser extent, TV show of some kind.

Me and the Mrs were underwhelmed. The system is good, the film looks like it's about to tear and blow up the projector!!

I want to be immersed into a not easily accessible setting, like a cartoon , movie, and to a lesser extent, TV show of some kind.
And you are part of the reason why Epcot is a complete mess right now. That sentence right there.

TDO doesn't know what to do with the park anymore. It started out as a world's fair-type park with completely original rides and ideas. Now audiences are expecting to go to Norway and ride Frozen, so what does Disney do? Gives them a cookie-cutter, retelling version in what used to be Maelstrom (a ride actually themed to Norway). Meanwhile, Tokyo DisneySea gets an amazing new LAND themed to Frozen, one that would have fit great in either MK or even DHS.

Last edited:
Reactions: tielo
And you are part of the reason why Epcot is a complete mess right now. That sentence right there.

TDO doesn't know what to do with the park anymore. It started out as a world's fair-type park with completely original rides and ideas. Now audiences are expecting to go to Norway and ride Frozen, so what does Disney do? Gives them a cookie-cutter, retelling version in what used to be Maelstrom (a ride actually themed to Norway). Meanwhile, Tokyo DisneySea gets an amazing new LAND themed to Frozen, one that would have fit great in either MK or even DHS.

Well they are forcing the MK model into Epcot and it is resulting in an identity issue....

Personally I think Disney has the brand power and money to develop their own popular characters within Epcot (ex: Figment)..

Let's save it for the Epcot thread though

Everything doesn't have to be an E ticket level attraction. always room for new D's & C's. An attraction like Despicable Me has proved to be quite popular, regardless of it's low capacity. Even Kang & Kodas are entertaining.

Exactly. Jimmy is real popular, he's the damn host of "The tonight show".....he's a big deal. Whether it should have been Conan, or someone else, is irrelevant. He's young, he has big appeal to a vast audience. He has lot's of friends in powerful spots, he does great voice impressions, he sings, plays guitar.....this is not Gringotts....it replaces an out of date attraction. I for one, am excited about it.

And plus maybe we get to hear the roots....they're awesome.

Exactly. Jimmy is real popular, he's the damn host of "The tonight show".....he's a big deal. Whether it should have been Conan, or someone else, is irrelevant. He's young, he has big appeal to a vast audience. He has lot's of friends in powerful spots, he does great voice impressions, he sings, plays guitar.....this is not Gringotts....it replaces an out of date attraction. I for one, am excited about it.

What happens when he gives up the Tonight Show in a few years, this attraction will sit there stale and irrelevant for another 5 years. At least with Movie IPs people do watch them again another time. No one is gonna watch reruns of Tonight Show episodes.

What happens when he gives up the Tonight Show in a few years, this attraction will sit there stale and irrelevant for another 5 years. At least with Movie IPs people do watch them again another time. No one is gonna watch reruns of Tonight Show episodes.

How will this ride be? I was understanding that its an open sequence with Fallon (like Aerosmith before RnR) and then a ride through NY....if that happens, (which why would he leave in 5 years?), you can re-film a new segment for the movie sequence, and keep the ride the same, no?

You don't "give up" the Tonight Show after a few years. Carson was the host for 30 years and Leno for 21 total. Yea, there was that mess with Conan, but the network was behind that change. Jimmy will be the host for at least a decade.

You don't "give up" the Tonight Show after a few years. Carson was the host for 30 years and Leno for 21 total. Yea, there was that mess with Conan, but the network was behind that change. Jimmy will be the host for at least a decade.

My bad, we don't get the show here, so I know nothing of it's history. Still, one day he will leave! :lol:

Having stale and irrelevant IPs never deterred a theme park before! Onward!

My bad, we don't get the show here, so I know nothing of it's history. Still, one day he will leave! :lol:

We are talking about replacing an attraction currently based upon a movie that everyone has forgotten and starring Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt. Anything is more current and will be for a long time.

I sort of hope that if this is a thing that has to happen, The Roots are involved as well as Justin Timberlake. Timberlake and Fallon are linked very tightly and have great friendship (at least on-stage). It's fun to watch and Timberlake honestly makes the show better as he's an all-around entertainer himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.