Project 727 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of hope that if this is a thing that has to happen, The Roots are involved as well as Justin Timberlake. Timberlake and Fallon are linked very tightly and have great friendship (at least on-stage). It's fun to watch and Timberlake honestly makes the show better as he's an all-around entertainer himself.

If they included any of The Roots or the SNL cast this ride would gain a ton of cool points

And you are part of the reason why Epcot is a complete mess right now. That sentence right there.

TDO doesn't know what to do with the park anymore. It started out as a world's fair-type park with completely original rides and ideas. Now audiences are expecting to go to Norway and ride Frozen, so what does Disney do? Gives them a cookie-cutter, retelling version in what used to be Maelstrom (a ride actually themed to Norway). Meanwhile, Tokyo DisneySea gets an amazing new LAND themed to Frozen, one that would have fit great in either MK or even DHS.

IDK whether to take this personally or not because you said "You" like I was actually apart of Disney's mess when they can't appease the crowd.

So I'll respond like this. I'm a consumer. And anyone who enters any gates of an entertainment complex is a consumer. As a consumer born and raised in Florida, I have a biased and a spoiling of being presented with two of the best if not the best theme park and entertainment providers in the world for decades running. That being said, places such as Six Flags or local amusement parks do not appeal to me. With that mindset which yes I am at fault for having higher standards of Disney and Universal, I don't expect everything to be some grand 2000 per hour mammoth, but I expect theme parks that specialize in theming to deliver and execute the transition of worlds which we have grown to know and they have grown to feed off of. With that, if I missed the entire purpose of Epcot, I am sorry, maybe Disney isn't advertising that park the right way. I will say I enjoy the Epcot park.

Test Track is not based on a show or anything of a different world except a car company. But that car company found a way to make the experience interactive. Found a way to let the guest enjoy the ride before, during, and after. That is what I've grown to know UNI and Disney. So I'm passive critical of things but not the point where I am complaining. If that makes sense.

I agree with everything you said about the Norway and Frozen situation. I guess my point is the same thing you were saying but I'm not sure lol.

I actually like the concept that someone mentioned where you are an audience member in the show and then something happens where the stage breaks apart and the whole audience starts flying. That actually sounds decent. Having the roots and Tina Fey doesn't hurt either. I still would rather this replace Shrek than Twister though. At least that's one screen based attraction replacing another screen based attraction. I'm just really bummed about another "physical set" being demolished.

It was brought up how this attraction will make Universal a lot of money in terms of the store that will be attached, (like the Twister store) but I hate the mentality of building something where the merchandise is the real selling point. Don't give me a whatever ride, but merchandise sales will be through the roof. However, it's nice that this attraction actually goes with the New York theme.

It was brought up how this attraction will make Universal a lot of money in terms of the store that will be attached, (like the Twister store) but I hate the mentality of building something where the merchandise is the real selling point. Don't give me a whatever ride, but merchandise sales will be through the roof. However, it's nice that this attraction actually goes with the New York theme.

Diagon Alley is literally built on merch and food sales. Gringotts is great, but don't fool yourself thinking Diagon was done for any other reason than merch and food sales.

I actually like the concept that someone mentioned where you are an audience member in the show and then something happens where the stage breaks apart and the whole audience starts flying. That actually sounds decent. Having the roots and Tina Fey doesn't hurt either. I still would rather this replace Shrek than Twister though. At least that's one screen based attraction replacing another screen based attraction. I'm just really bummed about another "physical set" being demolished.
Where is the flying coming from though? I don't understand the random flying in New York lol? Is the show Jimmy Fallon hosts in a skyscraper or something?

Diagon Alley is literally built on merch and food sales. Gringotts is great, but don't fool yourself thinking Diagon was done for any other reason than merch and food sales.

The foundation of Universal Studios itself is built on increasing revenue at an employee cafeteria.

I think what changes is how much love and appreciation is put into the product.

Oh I agree, but we're talking Harry Potter compared to Jimmy Fallon/NBC/whatever other merch Universal throws in there.

This might be bold, but anyone who is against this project has unrealistic expectations for its goals. No, this will not be an E-ticket. No, this will not be a food/bev/merch machine. This probably won't even get much of an ad campaign.

Synergy, synergy, synergy. It will show off Jimmy's talents and likability to unbeknownst park-goers; it will be a fun, shiny new thing to replace an old, dilapidated thing in the park; it will get Jimmy to do his show at Universal hopefully annually, drawing crowds to the parks while advertising to those not at the parks.

It's a business move, but that doesn't mean that it will be poor of quality. It will spruce up the New York area and provide a family-friendly thrill, on the level of a Soarin' or Toy Story Mania, which Universal desperately needs. It's win-win-win all around.

This might be bold, but anyone who is against this project has unrealistic expectations for its goals. No, this will not be an E-ticket. No, this will not be a food/bev/merch machine. This probably won't even get much of an ad campaign.

Synergy, synergy, synergy. It will show off Jimmy's talents and likability to unbeknownst park-goers; it will be a fun, shiny new thing to replace an old, dilapidated thing in the park; it will get Jimmy to do his show at Universal hopefully annually, drawing crowds to the parks while advertising to those not at the parks.

It's a business move, but that doesn't mean that it will be poor of quality. It will spruce up the New York area and provide a family-friendly thrill, on the level of a Soarin' or Toy Story Mania, which Universal desperately needs. It's win-win-win all around.

I agree with everything you said besides the stuff I put in bold. I don't see this being a family-friendly thrill because younger kids don't know who Jimmy Fallon is and even older adults barely have an idea of who he is. With Soarin' and Toy Story Mania, it fits all age groups.

*I'm talking about the stuff I put in bold on the bottom*

I agree with everything you said besides the stuff I put in bold. I don't see this being a family-friendly thrill because younger kids don't know who Jimmy Fallon is and even older adults barely have an idea of who he is. With Soarin' and Toy Story Mania, it fits all age groups.

*I'm talking about the stuff I put in bold on the bottom*

"Knowing who he is" and "family friendly" are two different things. The point is it will cater to all ages and won't be intense

Status
Not open for further replies.