Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Project 831

May 23, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
For those who may have listened to Inside Universal's latest podcast, @Jonathan mentions that trailers are on site in the halved Transformers extended queue with the project number "831" and that this is not the project number for "Secret Life of Pets". So, let the speculation begin. Possible soundstage demolition/replacement for SS 22 thru 25? Future repurposing of the Panda Express area? Or something else entirely?

Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who may have listened to Inside Universal's latest podcast, @Jonathan mentions that trailers are on site in the halved Transformers extended queue with the project number "831" and that this is not the project number for "Secret Life of Pets". So, let the speculation begin. Possible soundstage demolition/replacement for SS 22 thru 25? Future repurposing of the Panda Express area? Or something else entirely?

Hmm...

Something that really stuck out to me in the announcement map yesterday... The stages behind Transformers and next to Secret Life Of Pets are listed as "Projects Underway/Completed"... Now maybe @Jon  or someone has some inside scoop on this... Is SLOP taking over SS28 AND the Stages behind Transformers? Or are we getting another ride there as well or perhaps even a new studio tour queue/loading area? Anyone got any info on this interesting discovery??? These next 5 years will be exciting!

rhy9zIU.jpg

Something that really stuck out to me in the announcement map yesterday... The stages behind Transformers and next to Secret Life Of Pets are listed as "Projects Underway/Completed"... Now maybe @Jon  or someone has some inside scoop on this... Is SLOP taking over SS28 AND the Stages behind Transformers? Or are we getting another ride there as well or perhaps even a new studio tour queue/loading area? Anyone got any info on this interesting discovery??? These next 5 years will be exciting!

rhy9zIU.jpg

I think that area in question is going to be the new Studio Tour loading. Anywhere else in the lower lot doesn't make sense location-wise. 

As for 831, I think it will probably be more shops or restrooms with a New York facade to fit the surroundings. 

rhy9zIU.jpg

Pets is only the SS28 area. The stage behind TF, including Back Lot Cafe will be something else.

That would make an insane amount of sense. If they do, they hopefully will include a new laundry/dressing room area for Lower Lot employees and not have them enter thru Walter's Gate/5511 anymore. Starway rides would be a thing of the past, plus USH would finally be able to get rid of that premium of their paychecks for the extra walk time.

...not that I'm bitter or anything.  :lol:

Looking at the size of the plaza compared to Panda/Studio Café/Restrooms; that would be about 0.84 acres. In a way, that is somewhat close to UP's size and that is of a similar (almost exact) size. If I was to guess, I don't consider it impossible that 831 is a new plaza for the LL so they can have an open-air space in the LL that can accommodate more capacity for the future of the Lower Lot.

Who knows, but I am thinking that 831 doesn't take too long (and by too long, I mean that by the manner of not taking two-three years).

Don't quote me on this as I'm not 100% but I believe the soundstage behind TF will be the new Lower Lot offices.

Ah Darn... That would stink only to get all this new land to have any of it used for BTS stuff :/ Hopefully that's not the case and its somewhere else or they make that soundstage a 4+ story building maybe having the offices on the upper floors and the first two floors being an indoor Universal Experience type of Queue for the Studio Tour!

Cmon Universal Go vertical and give us some stacked situations to maximize that space!  ;)

Ah Darn... That would stink only to get all this new land to have any of it used for BTS stuff :/ Hopefully that's not the case and its somewhere else or they make that soundstage a 4+ story building maybe having the offices on the upper floors and the first two floors being an indoor Universal Experience type of Queue for the Studio Tour!

When you consider the bizarre layout of the park and the problems that comes with expanding the Lower Lot to an area greater than the Upper Lot, not only does that lead to overcrowding of employees to use services and commute, but the necessary offices as well. It only makes sense to bifurcate the two infrastructures to better match the change of the park dynamics. And that will all have to happen on the backend, out-of-sight.

I know we all crave new attractions and lands, but they need people to staff and run them. Infrastructure may be boring, but it's imperative to making the Lower Lot better.

Mayhaps this has something to do with it:

So long, you gaffer/grip-congested service nook with your super thin fries, surprisingly terrific breakfast and mediocre sandwiches with ungodly long wait times. So long location of numerous hideaway awkward phone calls that I took while blushing when trams passed by. Goodbye, white whale of many USH foodies. You will be missed.

Yesterday, there is now construction fence from SLOP all the way around the Backlot Cafe and covering up Stages 29/31.