Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Puss and Boots Coaster Ride Vehicle

Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Ok, so Luke and the Temple of Fun site posted a pic of the ride vehicle. What an odd car. What are the roll down leaf things? So many questions?
DSC05563-2.jpg

http://lukeandthetempleoffun.blogspot.sg/2013/08/new-family-attraction-in-uss.html

Looks to me to be a kiddie type coaster/swinging tram ride. Depending on how strong those leaf things are and how/if they latch onto the bottom, could possibly be so that children could be fully enclosed to ease height restrictions?

All guesses from the pictures taking into account current issues complaints about other kid rides with height problems.

TheThe silver canisters look to be part of the restraint system, and have a speaker in them. As far as the extra hardware up top, it looks as if the whole tram may be lowered, or maybe just fore and aft tilt?

The silver canisters are the headrest for the row in front, and the leg/waist restraints for the row just behind are attached to the rear side. They lower so the speaker is behind the front rider's head and the rear rider's lower half is secured. The green leaves unroll down and buckle at the bottoms, creating a fully enclosed experience.

Too me, it looks as if this would have been a great dark ride:

Untitled.jpg

I've been told that, for some reason, Singapore has weird rules on building indoor attractions. From what I understand, the park has more or less hit its limit on that front, which is why this is an outdoor attraction.

It's also the reason there's not a peep about Potter coming to the park.

I've been told that, for some reason, Singapore has weird rules on building indoor attractions. From what I understand, the park has more or less hit its limit on that front, which is why this is an outdoor attraction.

It's also the reason there's not a peep about Potter coming to the park.

Wild, and too bad.

It might be similar to a law we have here in Hong Kong, all new developments in the New Territories are required to meet certain percentages in regards to "outside space". For example, due to these rules my office looks about 90% grass from above, as the company needed to plant gardens and roof gardens to comply.

Puss In Boots inverted family coaster opened in Universal Singapore. There's a few debut pictures on Theme Park Insider. Coaster looks well themed for a coaster.