Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"After entering the Studio 6B Lobby, you’ll board the world’s first-ever flying theater, which seats up to 72 audience members, for a rousing race alongside Jimmy Fallon through the greatest city in the world, New York."

Sounds to me like it will be all one section per screen. At least from their official blurb anyway.

Jimmy Neutron was a flying theatre to me. And I've only been on soaring once but I felt as though I was flying.

Wonder what they mean by flying.

Unless the theare itself can spin and move up and down, I dont understand.
I think they mean the theater is going to rip itself out of the foundation and physically fly through New York, like for real. Which is why they claim it's the world's first "flying" theater. They're not declaring it's a new type of ride system, they're jokingly referring to it in storyline as being a flying theater.

I think they mean the theater is going to rip itself out of the foundation and physically fly through New York, like for real. Which is why they claim it's the world's first "flying" theater. They're not declaring it's a new type of ride system, they're jokingly referring to it in storyline as being a flying theater.
That is what I was somewhat thinking. Sounds fun to me whether it's a first of it's kind or not.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
Yes, definitely. A year ago who would have thought. Partly, I think the expectations for a D ticket aren't as high as a E ticket expectations. If it turns out to be entertaining & fun, most people will probably like it regardless of the proliferation of screens. And the building, on the whole, is a real plus for the area, and adds to the NYC theme, instead of distracting from it like the Twister facade did.

It's interesting seeing the upswing of people's opinions about this attraction. Who'd have thought it.
I don't know that people were actually as critical of it as we're thinking. It was always going to be a greatly improved exterior and a ride where there wasn't one.

Now if opinion of F&F changes like this, then you've got yourself a story.

Reactions: BrenRays
I don't know that people were actually as critical of it as we're thinking. It was always going to be a greatly improved exterior and a ride where there wasn't one.

Now if opinion of F&F changes like this, then you've got yourself a story.

I agree, this ride could be the worst one at Universal, but I think it's still worth it just for the facade.
And the funny thing is, the exterior isn't some amazing, jaw dropping creative work like skull island or diagonal alley. It just fixes a theming issue and dumped the tacky twister sign. That's worth it alone, for me.

Colbert is gone hard political. NBC doesn't want The Tonight Show going down that path. So, I think a ride and the associated promotion is probably the best they can do given the nature of the IP.
Fallon did a Trump skit last night though, of course it was just Fallon fluff.

I personally think what Fallon does when he does Trump skits does more to humanize the man which is why people are enjoying Colbert's criticism of Trump.

After Trump's first 100 days, the political fervor might die down a bit and Fallon may overtake Colbert.

Worst case, I'd imagine that Universal has some plans to add a small SNL presence to the ride for the sake of marketing. SNL is doing crazy bonkers good right now.

Reactions: Mad Dog