Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Nope.

If he goes on the show, he goes from the ride.
I haven’t seen the ride film because I haven’t been to USF since Fallon opened.

Would it be easy to swap out his on-ride film footage with a new host? I would think cutting the host out all-together from ride film would kill some of the jokes + make it harder to follow the “plot”

I haven’t seen the ride film because I haven’t been to USF since Fallon opened.

Would it be easy to swap out his on-ride film footage with a new host? I would think cutting the host out all-together from ride film would kill some of the jokes + make it harder to follow the “plot”

NY is digitally created so not the hard. They wouldn't necessarily need to impose the new host into the ride footage. Make it "Soaring over NY" with a few changes - specifically on the last 1/3 of the ride. The ride isn't overtly Fallon til we reach that point. You can still race through traffic, race through the harbor, see the Statue of Liberty. Maybe add Time Square, Central Park...

If they went the classic NBC shows route - create an NBC-fictitious New York City. Add the Cheers bar, Dunder Mifflin offices, the Friends' apartments, some SNL sets...

If they can turn Earthquake into Disaster into 2 months - I wouldn't be surprised if a change would take a 3-4-month turnaround.

NY is digitally created so not the hard. They wouldn't necessarily need to impose the new host into the ride footage. Make it "Soaring over NY" with a few changes - specifically on the last 1/3 of the ride. The ride isn't overtly Fallon til we reach that point. You can still race through traffic, race through the harbor, see the Statue of Liberty. Maybe add Time Square, Central Park...

If they went the classic NBC shows route - create an NBC-fictitious New York City. Add the Cheers bar, Dunder Mifflin offices, the Friends' apartments, some SNL sets...

If they can turn Earthquake into Disaster into 2 months - I wouldn't be surprised if a change would take a 3-4-month turnaround.
I wish this had been the ride from the start

Also you can't just swap the host and leave current material because much like how Conan owns all of his content he did from NBC, Jimmy owns his characters and bits (i'd assume).

I think Conan bought all the rights for the stuff but I don't think its natural they own it because all that stuff is written and created in conjunction with Universal Writers, Broadway video, etc.

Also you can't just swap the host and leave current material because much like how Conan owns all of his content he did from NBC, Jimmy owns his characters and bits (i'd assume).
I don’t believe this is always true. Colbert had to rename and slightly reimagine all of his bits from Colbert Report that he brought to CBS because Comedy Central owned the concepts.

I think Conan bought all the rights for the stuff but I don't think its natural they own it because all that stuff is written and created in conjunction with Universal Writers, Broadway video, etc.

I don’t believe this is always true. Colbert had to rename and slightly reimagine all of his bits from Colbert Report that he brought to CBS because Comedy Central owned the concepts.
Either way, say Seth Meyers or Trevor Noah were to take over the show... Hashtag makes no sense. The Roots almost definitely aren't there. The Ragtime Gals make no sense. etc, etc.

Should the show receive a new host, that means the show will be revamped with new skits, new characters and a new band. The ride would make absolutely no sense just swapping out hosts. It would have to be a completely new film.

I still don't get why they went with the ride system that they did. A flying theater (you know what I mean lol) would be far, far easier to trade out.

I do wonder if he was actually replaced how long the attraction would stay open before closure.

I do wonder if he was actually replaced how long the attraction would stay open before closure.
That's the interesting thing to me as well. It would be mighty awkward to fire your host, but him still have a prominent role in a ride in one of your parks that's based on The Tonight Show. The ride name including his name and his image all over the place.

I'd have to think in the event something like were to suddenly happen, the ride would be shut down for a sudden "refurb".

That's the interesting thing to me as well. It would be mighty awkward to fire your host, but him still have a prominent role in a ride in one of your parks that's based on The Tonight Show. The ride name including his name and his image all over the place.

I'd have to think in the event something like were to suddenly happen, the ride would be shut down for a sudden "refurb".

I imagine they must have a plan B in place for such an event.

I'd say stick a hashtag panda mask over his face but does that character belong to the show or Fallon?