Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ray Rush: Opening Spring 2018

Opinion of course.

I really enjoyed it. To me it was like Wet N Wild's Bubba Tub ride lived on at Aquatica...and then I find out they're taking it out.

Oh well...guess I'll have to go to the Dells to ride a slide like that again.
I just remember it being really fun, but short things can be fun too sometimes...I like the drops

Should go fast now. When I was in Aquatica two weeks ago, Hooroo Run was already completely gone and they were doing ground work.
Really excited for this.

Do the new hydro magnetic launches that ProSlide does feel the same as the older water coaster launches (e.g. Crush'n'Gusher, Master Blaster at Alton Towers), out of interest? Also, do we know whether any animals will be featured in this ride?

Do the new hydro magnetic launches that ProSlide does feel the same as the older water coaster launches (e.g. Crush'n'Gusher, Master Blaster at Alton Towers), out of interest? Also, do we know whether any animals will be featured in this ride?
Proslide's hydromagnetic coasters are faster and I personally think their launches are smoother. The jets used on the Master Blaster system are still fun, but nowhere near as effective at speed.

Just found out an interesting bit of info regarding this on Screamscape. Not sure whether this is already common knowledge, but this is actually from WhiteWaterWest as opposed to ProSlide, and it is a combination of the company's AquaSphere and Manta models with a launch at the start. Interesting. I thought SeaWorld was going with ProSlide for most of their installations now. Also, I never knew that the sphere existed in other water parks. I thought it was a world's first.

On a side note, is this WhiteWaterWest's first attempt at a hybrid slide like the ones ProSlide do? As I didn't think they had ever built one before.

Just found out an interesting bit of info regarding this on Screamscape. Not sure whether this is already common knowledge, but this is actually from WhiteWaterWest as opposed to ProSlide, and it is a combination of the company's AquaSphere and Manta models with a launch at the start. Interesting. I thought SeaWorld was going with ProSlide for most of their installations now. Also, I never knew that the sphere existed in other water parks. I thought it was a world's first.

On a side note, is this WhiteWaterWest's first attempt at a hybrid slide like the ones ProSlide do? As I didn't think they had ever built one before.

I think the reason they went with White Water West was to have something more unique. Also, Walhalla Wave is White Water West, and since these two slides will by side by side sharing the same rafts, White water West is the better choice.

---Edited---
Had originally mistyped that Walhalla is proslide, but it is White Water West, my apologies.

Last edited:
I think the reason they went with White Water West was to have something more unique. Also, Walhalla Wave is proslide, and since these two slides will by side by side sharing the same rafts, White water West is the better choice.
Thanks @anihilnation! I thought Walhalla Wave and all of Aquatica's opening day attractions were WhiteWaterWest, with only Omocka Rocka and Ihu's Breakaway Falls that were added after opening being ProSlide, but obviously not. Wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong, as my knowledge of waterslides is not as good as my knowledge of theme parks!

Thanks @anihilnation! I thought Walhalla Wave and all of Aquatica's opening day attractions were WhiteWaterWest, with only Omocka Rocka and Ihu's Breakaway Falls that were added after opening being ProSlide, but obviously not. Wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong, as my knowledge of waterslides is not as good as my knowledge of theme parks!
Sorry, just realize I mistyped, Walhalla is White Water West, hence why they probably chose the same company for Ray Rush. So you are correct, aside from Omaka and Ihu, all slides are White Water West.

Sorry, just realize I mistyped, Walhalla is White Water West, hence why they probably chose the same company for Ray Rush. So you are correct, aside from Omaka and Ihu, all slides are White Water West.
It's OK! I just said that because when I visited Aquatica in August 2016, I remember seeing metal plaques on the slide boarding platforms, for lack of a better phrase, with WhiteWaterWest on them! I also remember Ihu's was ProSlide!

It's OK! I just said that because when I visited Aquatica in August 2016, I remember seeing metal plaques on the slide boarding platforms, for lack of a better phrase, with WhiteWaterWest on them! I also remember Ihu's was ProSlide!
Nothing beats Ihu really, that slide is a true masterpiece, even the purple one is very intense.

Nothing beats Ihu really, that slide is a true masterpiece, even the purple one is very intense.
Agreed. I think I rode the green one and I loved it. If I ranked waterslides, then it would probably be a top 3 waterslide along with Tropical Cyclone at Center Parcs Longleat! Getting on it beforehand was very nerve racking, as I'd never ridden a drop pod slide before, but the actual ride was absolutely fantastic! Anyway, on the subject of Ray Rush, when is it anticipated to open?

Agreed. I think I rode the green one and I loved it. If I ranked waterslides, then it would probably be a top 3 waterslide along with Tropical Cyclone at Center Parcs Longleat! Getting on it beforehand was very nerve racking, as I'd never ridden a drop pod slide before, but the actual ride was absolutely fantastic! Anyway, on the subject of Ray Rush, when is it anticipated to open?
Spring. I think it might be announced soon when exactly. I think all the supports should be about in place now, so work will probably go fast from here on.