Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Recent Debates/Problems/Etc on Forum

I get what @GadgetGuru is saying about some threads being intimidating. If I can't be near the boards for a few days because of work or something, I fall behind real quick and can take quite a bit of time to catch up.

The UOR Expansion, Potter Coaster, and 4th Park Threads are all at or around 400 pages. I think a good solution to this "problem" (and this is just my personal opinion) is to let threads like Potter continue since that ride will be open next year, but to close a thread like the UOR Expansion thread and create a Part 2, with the first post being a summary of all the concrete, factual information we currently have. I actually think this is also a very good time to do that as well with the recent filings on the land.

We have split threads in the past (Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley). The Diagon Alley - Part 2 thread was at 424 Pages in 2014 when we created a Part 3. The original Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley threads look like Brian had to cut them in the merger due to how old they were and their size.

That's just me though. It comes down to what @Brian G. thinks is best.

I don't know if this is possible or not but I like the idea of being able to highlight posts that are either critical information or the start of a good debate.

That way if somebody is about to start on a 200 page post, this can skip from highlighted post to highlighted post for the headlines.

I'll split the Expansion thread because IT IS too much at this point.

Blue Sky, since it's filled with nothing concrete - will keep on as is.

I'll look for a way to highlight posts.

An idea I had if it was possible for any kind of automation would be for a post to be highlighted if it got a certain number of likes?

If a post gets 20+ likes for example, it’s a good indication of how important or relevant we’ve found that post.

Some of you guys are acting like it's your first time on a message board. Letting things play out naturally is always your best bet.

Something that maybe the Mod can do to be helpful is to have longer threads chapterized on the first post of the first page. Chronicle important posts like aerial updates, announcements, etc that people can refer to almost as if it were the table of contents in a book.

For what it’s worth, another forum I frequent (UrbanPlanet) has a feature where posts are highlighted after significant engagement (ie. Likes and quotes). The admin over there is pretty active, so he may be able to help out.

For what it’s worth, another forum I frequent (UrbanPlanet) has a feature where posts are highlighted after significant engagement (ie. Likes and quotes). The admin over there is pretty active, so he may be able to help out.

Different forum software. My luck so far has been zilch to find something similar.

@Brian G. you could ask the community to program something for the forum. I personally wouldn’t have the knowledge, but I’m sure someone does.

I could see either a sticky first post that appears on all pages or highlighted posts for high engagement.

^You’re doing a great job by letting your community voice their thoughts freely. Keep things organic, it’ll help you in the long run.
And it’s way easier. I’m a mod on a top 700 sub on reddit (150k subscribers, 250k unique views/month) and self regulation and not actively getting member’s input is significantly less stressful. A lot of suggestions are a ton of work with minimal enjoyment/improvement, if any.

You guys just do your thing and dont reinvent the wheel.

Maybe it's just a personal preference, but I would like to have a separate thread dedicated for rumors for the fourth park and Citywalk. Actual rumors can sometimes get lost in the middle of all the blue-sky ideas.

Maybe it's just a personal preference, but I would like to have a separate thread dedicated for rumors for the fourth park and Citywalk. Actual rumors can sometimes get lost in the middle of all the blue-sky ideas.

The idea sounds good, in theory - but it's just going to become another rabbit hole of Blue Sky spec.

Bump .... again.

We're not going to point any fingers but there have been some hot tempers as of late.

As such, we're going to have to moderate with zero-tolerance for the time being. Any debates/responses that become personal or mean-spirited will be handled with temporary bans going forward. Before posting that reply, I'd recommend proofreading and gauging whether or not your response adds to the conversation in a meaningful way.

This is not up for debate or discussion. We hope you understand.

PS - @Joe will be making a post concerning some of the pushback he's received later.

What happened to the Politics & Social Issues Thread? Can it be brought back?

I'm no mod but...

giphy.gif

The only reason I ever see a political thread being back on here is if Iger ever decides to pursue political aspirations. Until then, I personally just don’t see a need for it. Plenty of places on here for us all to chat about life and whatnot, but I think these forums are a terrific escape from the more “important” things in life. It’s also why I go to the parks in general!

The only reason I ever see a political thread being back on here is if Iger ever decides to pursue political aspirations. Until then, I personally just don’t see a need for it. Plenty of places on here for us all to chat about life and whatnot, but I think these forums are a terrific escape from the more “important” things in life. It’s also why I go to the parks in general!

No, at that point he’s not in the theme park business.