Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Recent Debates/Problems/Etc on Forum

That politics thread went on far longer than it should have (and I tried to make it work but people aren’t civil when it comes to politics). There’s a reason there’s not a new one. This is a theme park forum, go discuss politics on twitter or something.
Amazing that we can be gentlepeople here but bring politics into it and we have a dark side...

Amazing that we can be gentlepeople here but bring politics into it and we have a dark side...
Ironically, the only thing that i've seen that brings out the same toxic conversations within the entertainment business currently is Star Wars - a franchise that has had political undertones from Day 1.

EDIT: Let's leave this thread alone. No need for inflammatory posts in here or to try and make a conversation about why we aren't talking about politics political. So unless you have a real issue you'd like to bring up, it's time to move on.

Last edited:
Ironically, the only thing that i've seen that brings out the same toxic conversations within the entertainment business currently is Star Wars - a franchise that has had political undertones from Day 1.
That's not a big surprise, but this probably isn't the place for the whys and wherefores

That politics thread went on far longer than it should have (and I tried to make it work but people aren’t civil when it comes to politics). There’s a reason there’s not a new one. This is a theme park forum, go discuss politics on twitter or something.
But Magic has one

I'll just use this space to say that I really think the Coronavirus Resources and General Discussion thread is veering over the line into unpleasantness and inappropriateness.

I get that tensions are running high with the state of things, but people are starting to get deliberately insulting towards each other in there. I see it only serving to increase animosity among members.

I'll just use this space to say that I really think the Coronavirus Resources and General Discussion thread is veering over the line into unpleasantness and inappropriateness.

I get that tensions are running high with the state of things, but people are starting to get deliberately insulting towards each other in there. I see it only serving to increase animosity among members.

what happened?

We (Joe) just finished posting something addressing this.

Transfering...

-----

This is going to get meta so maybe this isn't the correct location for it, maybe it is. If I should copy it to the "Debates/Problems" thread then I will.

There is a lot of scary stuff, uncertainty, and worry in the world right now. I, others, or you do not know the short term future for a lot of things we rely on for our emotional health. In April I was to fly down to Orlando for a wedding and long weekend at the parks. I wish I could see Bourne right now, ride Mickey and Minnie, and see a ride-through of Pets. Later this month @JungleSkip and I were to do a long weekend trip hitting Kennywood, Kings Island, and Cedar Point. All of that is not happening. I want to watch Indians and Pirates baseball. I want to see Liverpool raise the league trophy for the first time after Hillsborough. I miss seeing my friends in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and around me. I want a haircut, to go out to eat, and see my elderly parents.

The novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 does not care. It does not care about my plans, my hopes, my wishes, my wealth, my ethnicity, or my lifestyle. It affects people, to our current knowledge, disproportionally at near-random. A coworker was diagnosed with symptoms and never tested due to capacity. During this period one night, I woke up coughing, nearly not able to breathe and I still can't find out if I was affected or not. It also doesn't care about Halloween Horror Nights, Epcot, or Avengers Campus.

What the novel coronavirus does care about is spreading. Effective masking helps the spread to eliminate widespread community transmission. New therapeutic treatments and, hopefully, a vaccine will put this in the rearview mirror, like many other viruses.

I want to be able to provide a look at what will happen in the future after all that's what we come to IU for, right? But the novel coronavirus is not Hagrid, Velosicoaster, Bourne, HHN leaks, or other projects. I know it's frustrating to not know and we are all expressing it in different ways. Some want to know how the parks will reopen, how HHN would happen, "not live my life with worry", sarcasm, or live in just total denial this is something we all have to deal with. Being disingenuous, short-tempered, or accusational will affect nothing, the virus will still spread.

So my suggestion is we need to be honest, patient, and empathetic with each other. There will be arguments and frustrations because any conversation will have those. But please do not let the worst inclinations of our cultures and societies come to the forefront.

I asked this question a couple pages back but it was buried in the hot discussion that took off on tickets.

Any whispers (or speculation) on stay and scream? It feels like it would need to be severely capped or even discarded altogether if social distancing is a goal. Plus integration with the app telling you where to go would be different for stay and screamers than normal attendees, which adds another complication.

I'm gonna go ahead and accept this as my likely leaving of this forum because it's worth it. Staff changing the profile pictures to little black boxes are useless when there's no actual action. ACAB. Go to hell.

I'm gonna go ahead and accept this as my likely leaving of this forum because it's worth it. Staff changing the profile pictures to little black boxes are useless when there's no actual action. ACAB. Go to hell.

The Staff has been openly discussing it and is trying to figure out the best course right now. We wanted to figure out more information before rushing into judgment.

This is not a easy situation for the Staff, because while we all agree that Black Lives Matter - its possible that someone can be supportive of both. Personally speaking, I know someone who is the wife of a cop, is a minority and supports BLM, but just wants her loved one to come home safely.

For the sake of transparency, we'll allow @IHateJumpScares to clarify what his avatar represents from his point of view.

Let it be known, we will not tolerate anything that is inspired by hate and we do stand by that.

The Staff has been openly discussing it and is trying to figure out the best course right now. We wanted to figure out more information before rushing into judgment.

This is not a easy situation for the Staff, because while we all agree that Black Lives Matter - its possible that someone can be supportive of both. Personally speaking, I know someone who is the wife of a cop, is a minority and supports BLM, but just wants her loved one to come home safely.

For the sake of transparency, we'll allow @IHateJumpScares to clarify what his avatar represents from his point of view.

Let it be known, we will not tolerate anything that is inspired by hate and we do stand by that.

I respectfully disagree all around.

I also don't see how a Politics thread can be banned yet you can have a political profile pic. Same message, different way of conveying it. I don't see a legitimate method of explaining it.

I'll be kind enough to leave it at that for now.