Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Red Oven Pizza Bakery

So.... I just searched and it seems that "Red Oven Pizza Bakery" is not a previous franchise; that it is a brand new concept unique to Universal Orlando only. I cannot imagine it has anything to do with www.redovensd.com/ as the website is piss-amateur at best.

Got to eat at Red Oven today with my gal and a friend. The pizza was just fantastic. Even better than Sal's over at the Portofino.

We had the Pizza Bianca. So much cheesy goodness. It's an interesting concept of Full Quick Service that they're trying out here. We were surprised we had a waitress for our whole meal, even with it being quick service and paying before hand.

Top notch.

They do something similar at the Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, which caught me way off guard and I felt horrible because I didn't have any cash on hand for even a small tip and was just expecting typical quick service.

Not sure if I can post a link, but I was happy to see Screamscape picked up my Red Oven photo blog from opening day. Of course, they didn't credit me by name...

Looks great! I like to have an option like this when i go for a visit I dont always want a sit down dinner every time I eat. Pizza looks like high quality to me on par with the via napoli style of pizzas and the price looks on point with anything else, not high at all seeing as anytime you get a personal pizza in a theme park its usuallly about $10.99 and nothing special. This looks like a step up from that fantastic 4 cafeteria type or Luigis

This pizza blows away Fantastic 4 or Louis. Even FFB. It is truly on par with Via Napoli. The only pizza at UOR that compares is Sal's
Great to hear. We eat at Sal's a few times every trip. If it's that good, I'll be sure to try it. From the pictures, it looks like our Pittsburgh area Vincents Pizza, which was reportedly the first pizza restaurant in Pgh., dating to the early 1950's.

Thanks for the pics Dave and Jwhee! :thumbs: I'm really looking forward to trying some Red Oven pizza on my next trip to UOR! I just had some awesome prosciutto pizza at Via Napoli a couple of weeks ago, and I'm excited to try some from here and compare :doggie:

PS: Thanks for the tip to order pizza from the bar/stand in CityWalk! That's gonna be a good option when the place gets packed during the busier seasons.

Last edited:
Finally ate at Red Oven and it was really good. I'll definitely be back! Prices are not that bad either.

Via Napoli: Ortolano

Red Oven: Funghi

I'd recommend the Ortolano between the two. That said they are two completely different Pizzas. I know its a weird complaint but the Funghi had too much Funghi. haha. My grandfather however loved it as a leftover two days later. I'll let my girlfriend do her comparison between them. Shes had the White pizza at Via Napoli and the Bianca at Red Oven.

Ate here for dinner last night. The pizza tasted great, one of the best tasting ones I've had, but it was too small and too expensive for what you got IMO. I can get a 6 oz burger and fries over at Hard Rock Cafe that fills me up for the same price, maybe even less. As soon as they get bigger pies I'll be back, until then I'll pass.

Ate here for dinner last night. The pizza tasted great, one of the best tasting ones I've had, but it was too small and too expensive for what you got IMO. I can get a 6 oz burger and fries over at Hard Rock Cafe that fills me up for the same price, maybe even less. As soon as they get bigger pies I'll be back, until then I'll pass.

Did you share this pizza or did you eat it by yourself? Cause the portion is more than enough for one person, unless you're a competitive eater or something. Also, majority of the burgers over at the Hard Rock are around 16.50, which from what I can tell, is more than a pizza at Red Oven.

Last edited:
You must have a much bigger appetite than the average person! My wife and I spit a pizza and a salad and could barely finish them. At $12, on a dollar-per-ounce basis it's one of the best bargains at CityWalk. For comparison, Italian House (the best pizza in central Orlando IMHO) charges a dollar more for their gourmet pies of the same size.