Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

I’m very interested in seeing how this will affect morning opening procedures. The International Gateway is gonna have a huge advantage over the regular entrance (especially with all the construction walls in the way).

I’m very interested in seeing how this will affect morning opening procedures. The International Gateway is gonna have a huge advantage over the regular entrance (especially with all the construction walls in the way).

Yeah, what even happens in the morning at Epcot now? I know they used to open the World Showcase later (about 11?) but with Frozen and moreso Rat with its location, does that not lend itself to problems?

Yeah, what even happens in the morning at Epcot now? I know they used to open the World Showcase later (about 11?) but with Frozen and moreso Rat with its location, does that not lend itself to problems?

You can still visit World Showcase prior to 11, but most stores and shops are closed. France has a cafe that is always open in the morning, so I'm sure they will consider having more stuff open during the morning now.

With Frozen you had to walk around the back future world pathway to get to Frozen at rope drop. They have the shortcut through WS closed. But since Rat is right on the perimeter it should be an easy walk from Inter. gateway. Makes sense that they'd keep that part open at rope drop.

Things like Norway with Frozen and the Bakery, and France’s Bakery are usually the only World Showcase offerings to open with the park (although I swear I’ve seen Mexico boat ride open early too, but not sure that’s normal). So adding Ratatouille to that schedule doesn’t change anything.

Last time I was at EPCOT they allowed you to walk from Mexico to Norway -or- from Canada to France. But, everything from Morocco to China was not opening till 11 and they turned you around if you started heading that way.

Things like Norway with Frozen and the Bakery, and France’s Bakery are usually the only World Showcase offerings to open with the park (although I swear I’ve seen Mexico boat ride open early too, but not sure that’s normal). So adding Ratatouille to that schedule doesn’t change anything.

Last time I was at EPCOT they allowed you to walk from Mexico to Norway -or- from Canada to France. But, everything from Morocco to China was not opening till 11 and they turned you around if you started heading that way.
Yes. When we did rope drop at the Inter. Gateway in November, that's the way it was. They had that area blocked off by CM's.

@Nick since you pointed it out I can’t unsee that door on the blue building. Shame that they didn’t try to blend it in somehow or make it disappear so to speak. I realize what they had to work with but there was ways around it.

I don't get the pavilion thing in the middle of the street. It's not a very realistic placement.

Is it meant to block the view of the Eiffel Tower from right below it. How do we think the tower will look from this area? Sort of throws off the forced perspective.

ER9s-NCWsAQSIu6

Is it meant to block the view of the Eiffel Tower from right below it. How do we think the tower will look from this area? Sort of throws off the forced perspective.

ER9s-NCWsAQSIu6
You are spot on. The only reason that pavilion thing is there is to block people from looking up and seeing the Eiffel Tower. It was not in the original concept art.

The pavilion that is by the arrow is outdoor queue.

Suprised they didn't do a small balcony. If they needed to get flat they could have always made it hinged.
I though the same thing. It looks enough like a door that a balcony would work and would still allow overnight access if needed as long as they did it in a way that made it easy to remove like a hinge that you suggested.

Signage is complete:

So one can reasonably assume they open the area, part of the area or at the very least move some of the walls back prior to the ride opening.
Otherwise, why have "Opening Summer 2020" on a banner?

Do we have a recent aerial of where this is to see where they might move the walls back to?

So one can reasonably assume they open the area, part of the area or at the very least move some of the walls back prior to the ride opening.
Otherwise, why have "Opening Summer 2020" on a banner?

Do we have a recent aerial of where this is to see where they might move the walls back to?
It says opening summer because you can see a sign that says Ratatouille from guest areas now, so no one walks towards it expecting to get in I guess.

Looks very close to being done on the outside. The opening may end up being pushed off though as the hiring process and then eventual training process is sort of being thrown off.

Looks very close to being done on the outside. The opening may end up being pushed off though as the hiring process and then eventual training process is sort of being thrown off.

I never even considered the training time. That's an excellent point.