Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No Remy, no Harmonious, delayed GOTG and Play, and now they're reworking the hub again. Sounds like Epcot ain't opening in 2020.
Given the circumstances, none of these delays surprise me.

Construction is indefinitely stopped so obviously 2021 projects like Tron, GotG and Play would fall to 2022.

I don’t see this as a sign of Epcot not reopening this year necessarily though. MMRR already opened this year, so they already have a new attraction to promote that was open for all of 11 days before the parks closed. I see moving Remy as giving them a 2021 attraction since they were losing GotG and Tron to 2022.

As far as the hub goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re trying to figure out a way to keep the still standing side of InnoWest and move Moana to the demolished section.

Given the circumstances, none of these delays surprise me.

Construction is indefinitely stopped so obviously 2021 projects like Tron, GotG and Play would fall to 2022.

I don’t see this as a sign of Epcot not reopening this year necessarily though. MMRR already opened this year, so they already have a new attraction to promote that was open for all of 11 days before the parks closed. I see moving Remy as giving them a 2021 attraction since they were losing GotG and Tron to 2022.

As far as the hub goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re trying to figure out a way to keep the still standing side of InnoWest and move Moana to the demolished section.
There is a big internal push to make sure that TRON is done for 2021 so they can say that MK got something for its anniversary. I wonder if we could see a Galaxy's Edge style reprioritization of labor to get it done.

Also, mostly because I get confused between the two big coasters that are mucking up sightlines, does anyone remember which one was originally Spring and which one was Summer/Fall?

Finally, Rat is really stinkin' close to being done. To the point where not a lot more is needed, especially on the ride itself, other than ironing some tech stuff out. Barring construction not restarting until late October, there is no reason for Rat not to open in 2020. Any push to 2021 would be a conscious decision made purely for strategic reasons (That I personally disagree with, but whatever).

There is a big internal push to make sure that TRON is done for 2021 so they can say that MK got something for its anniversary. I wonder if we could see a Galaxy's Edge style reprioritization of labor to get it done.

Also, mostly because I get confused between the two big coasters that are mucking up sightlines, does anyone remember which one was originally Spring and which one was Summer/Fall?

Finally, Rat is really stinkin' close to being done. To the point where not a lot more is needed, especially on the ride itself, other than ironing some tech stuff out. Barring construction not restarting until late October, there is no reason for Rat not to open in 2020. Any push to 2021 would be a conscious decision made purely for strategic reasons (That I personally disagree with, but whatever).
GotG was to be Spring and Tron Summer. Tron couldn’t open until 5 years after SHDL’s opening date, which I believe was June 16th.

I agree, pushing Rat would be purely strategic. I think it is very possible as they’ve gotten very little bang for their buck out of MMRR as it’s been open for less than 2 weeks. RotR is also still incredibly new. If Tron does get put off to late 2021/early 2022, Remy fills the void for a 2021 attraction.

Reactions: Magic Feather
GotG was to be Spring and Tron Summer. Tron couldn’t open until 5 years after SHDL’s opening date, which I believe was June 16th.

I agree, pushing Rat would be purely strategic. I think it is very possible as they’ve gotten very little bang for their buck out of MMRR as it’s been open for less than 2 weeks. RotR is also still incredibly new. If Tron does get put off to late 2021/early 2022, Remy fills the void for a 2021 attraction.
They milked the crud out of MMRR from a marketing perspective already, but I could still see it being one of the offerings used to advertise for people to come back. They really have the opportunity to start with a "We're Open again" opening blitz using stuff like MMRR and Rise, then transition to Rat around the Fall/Holidays, a few entertainment offerings for spring, then the Coasters all with equal spacing so that there is almost never a moment where marketing is not advertising something new. Compared to other Orlando competitors, Disney will definitely have the most stuff to advertise (Ice Breaker is minor, I doubt we see an indoor show open anytime soon for Uni, and Iron Gwazi, while huge, wouldn't eat out of Disney's market) well into 2021 until Velocicoaster opens.

They milked the crud out of MMRR from a marketing perspective already, but I could still see it being one of the offerings used to advertise for people to come back. They really have the opportunity to start with a "We're Open again" opening blitz using stuff like MMRR and Rise, then transition to Rat around the Fall/Holidays, a few entertainment offerings for spring, then the Coasters all with equal spacing so that there is almost never a moment where marketing is not advertising something new. Compared to other Orlando competitors, Disney will definitely have the most stuff to advertise (Ice Breaker is minor, I doubt we see an indoor show open anytime soon for Uni, and Iron Gwazi, while huge, wouldn't eat out of Disney's market) well into 2021 until Velocicoaster opens.
They may have marketed MMRR a lot, but very few people have been on it.

When the parks open back up, they can market MMRR and RotR as their new rides and sit on Remy for a bit.

Reactions: Magic Feather
When you say strategic reasons, do you mean to save money, or something else?

I've wondered if waiting to open something like this till next year would simply be done because they cannot open the park at 100% capacity, so they may not want to be promoting a new ride. If we're still social distancing, I doubt they'd want to see crowds waiting at 4AM in the morning like Runaway Railway.

(I know it's a ride clone, but it's also WDW, and every AP, blogger, and vlogger will want to be first and crowd the entrance like always.)

If social distancing restrictions are loosened, I see nothing wrong with opening later this year, but I'm not so sure we'll be seeing that and it just might be more prudent for them to not have to worry about wasting a new ride opening they can't really promote.

Just thinking out loud.

I've wondered if waiting to open something like this till next year would simply be done because they cannot open the park at 100% capacity, so they may not want to be promoting a new ride. If we're still social distancing, I doubt they'd want to see crowds waiting at 4AM in the morning like Runaway Railway.

(I know it's a ride clone, but it's also WDW, and every AP, blogger, and vlogger will want to be first and crowd the entrance like always.)

If social distancing restrictions are loosened, I see nothing wrong with opening later this year, but I'm not so sure we'll be seeing that and it just might be more prudent for them to not have to worry about wasting a new ride opening they can't really promote.

Just thinking out loud.
I can't say for sure what he means, but as I said, I really think "Strategic Reasons" would simply be to hold off on the ride until 2021 so they have something to promote. They already have RotR and MMRR. They may not be new to locals, but they are still brand spankin new and can be marketed as such all year.

If Tron and GotG are moving to 2022, it leaves a hole for 2021. Think of it like shuffling a movie release schedule around. The movie is done, but you don't release two films back to back and that's essentially what MMRR and Remy would be. MMRR was open for 11 days to the public. I've been on it 3 times, but most people haven't event been in the park since it opened. Hell, most haven't been to DHS since SWGE opened.

Strategically, it just makes too much sense to push Remy back if Tron and GotG are being pushed. Especially when you consider tourism isn't going to be booming right out of the gate.

I can't say for sure what he means, but as I said, I really think "Strategic Reasons" would simply be to hold off on the ride until 2021 so they have something to promote. They already have RotR and MMRR. They may not be new to locals, but they are still brand spankin new and can be marketed as such all year.

If Tron and GotG are moving to 2022, it leaves a hole for 2021. Think of it like shuffling a movie release schedule around. The movie is done, but you don't release two films back to back and that's essentially what MMRR and Remy would be. MMRR was open for 11 days to the public. I've been on it 3 times, but most people haven't event been in the park since it opened. Hell, most haven't been to DHS since SWGE opened.

Strategically, it just makes too much sense to push Remy back if Tron and GotG are being pushed. Especially when you consider tourism isn't going to be booming right out of the gate.
Wasn't Runaway Railway only open for like two weeks?

Wasn't Runaway Railway only open for like two weeks?
I said as much in my post. Only open for 11 days. That's the entire point. MMRR is practically brand new and can be marketed as such the rest of the year. They can save Remy until 2021 if Tron and GotG are moving to 2022.

Remy simply isn't needed this year at all when it comes to marketing or helping book vacations.

Just thinking out loud.

Strategic Reasons exist for pushing to open it ASAP and exist for holding it back. Before I go through those, while I don't have 100% confidence in it, I would bet a lot on one of the two launch coasters debuting in 2021, if not both.

So...
Strategic Reasons for pushing to have open ASAP:
-Have something to market once restrictions are lifted (I know I am about to contradict an earlier statement of mine, but rides usually only get about 2 weeks of marketing/press after opening (lands excepted), and after that, it is up to guests and word of mouth to keep people coming. Ads for Rise were all but gone by the time Mickey and Minnie opened, and I would expect no new ads specifically for MMRR (aside from old billboards) upon reopening)
-Have extra capacity. While Epcot has plenty of walking space, it doesn't have too many draws for guests, which is why FEA, TT, and Soarin' get a disproportionate level of wait times compared to everything else. Especially if SSE is down when the parks return, Epcot will need all the capacity it can get.
-Better to get it done then awkwardly dawdle through the last months work of construction.

Strategic Reasons for Opening it Later in 2020:
-Doesn't force financial resources to be used rapid fire, but still gets things done relatively quickly.
-When the parks begin phased reopening, Epcot should be the last to reopen by most accounts I've heard (although some have the parks opening in a 1 park, 1 park, 2 parks manner), so this gives Epcot a little time open to adjust before bringing something new online
-Some Social Distancing measures will likely have partially eased up
-Gives something new to advertise in the void that Harmonious was originally in

Strategic Reasons for 2021:
-Creates a more direct link to the 50th
-Spread Out the Money
-Hope for even fewer restrictions
-Market in early 2021, a void that was abandoned by Guardians.

It's crazy that this may not open until next year now. Looks practically ready to open (I know it's not, but it wouldn't take long).

Reactions: belloq87
Word is that construction is starting back up on TRON, so the push for 2021 may be happening for this. I’d venture to guess they open Rat later this year if things settle down and restrictions continue to ease up

Reactions: Andysol
Word is that construction is starting back up on TRON, so the push for 2021 may be happening for this. I’d venture to guess they open Rat later this year if things settle down and restrictions continue to ease up
Maybe first week of June, similar to both New Fantasyland and RotR. That first week of December is very slow, plus it's close enough to 2021 to be good 2021 promotional material as well. Idk if it opens any earlier (unless it opens around when SWGE did last year) bc eventually you get into a time of year with MNSSHP/MVMCP at MK and F&W at Epcot, so the back end of the year doesn't typically need anything extra for advertising.

I’ve tried copy and pasting the link about 5 times now and am giving up, but, on themeparx it seems all exterior construction is done here.

Reactions: belloq87