Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

I'm pretty sure the ride building is to the left of the existing pavilion when facing in, but the entrance and new throughfair is to the right. The queue will snake behind the existing buildings.

EDIT: I'm beginning to think this is #fakenews concept art. The placement still doesn't make sense.
It does make sense it is just further back than the rest of the current France on the right hand side.

But that doesn't align with the permits we've seen. I have a feeling the entrance building and ride building are not one and the same in this case.
Im thinking those permits were not for the rat at all and for something completely different. Very good way to keep it quite as well imo.

Okay wait. What if the left of the concept art is the BACK of Impressions! Meaning the ride entrance is going directly into the expansion pad where the permit was for. And the right side of this concept art is the back of Epcot backstage area.

IMG_8070.JPG

The right side of France is only a walkway to this new road BEHIND the existing France pavilion.

So expands back, and to the left. Back, and to the left.

If you're standing looking at the entrance to the rat ride, you're facing Morocco.

Edit:

Sorry for the crudity of this image, just portraying this new theory. Not to scale, or anything.

New road behind France and Ride entrance is the only thing in concept art, so is the only thing I put on this demonstration.

Probably will just keep trees covering show building from main path along lagoon, as it is now. Not sure on entrance to back road. Could be the path to right of France only, or also include new passageways though Impressions building or behind Bakery as well.

france-new-model.jpg

Last edited:
If you're standing looking at the entrance to the rat ride, you're facing Morocco.

Edit:

Sorry for the crudity of this image, just portraying this new theory. Not to scale, or anything.

New road behind France and Ride entrance is the only thing in concept art, so is the only thing I put on this demonstration.

Probably will just keep trees covering show building from main path along lagoon, as it is now. Not sure on entrance to back road. Could be the path to right of France only, or also include new passageways though Impressions building or behind Bakery as well.

View attachment 4847

Map? :confused:

Edit:

View attachment 4847
Sounds more likely than anything else I've seen so far

If that's the case, I feel like the ride's entrance would be pretty obscured. But I could be mistaken.
It gets its own courtyard this way. Technically, the side road to get to this road will probably say the name of the ride and be just a path to get to the ride entrance. It looks like the rat fountain from Paris will even be in front of the ride too.

1CD_8795.jpg
founatimn.jpg

EDIT: Looks like a passage way to get to this road can be seen just to left of my close up of the fountain!

If the concept art is correct, the tentative title will be something like "Ratatouille: Remy's Kitchen Calamity"... why not go for the full tribute and call it "Kitchen Kalamity"? :lol:

Either way, I'm really excited for this!

If the concept art is correct, the tentative title will be something like "Ratatouille: Remy's Kitchen Calamity"... why not go for the full tribute and call it "Kitchen Kalamity"? :lol:

Either way, I'm really excited for this!
"Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity" was the original title for the Paris version and as of right now, it looks like that's what they're going with for Epcot.

Edit:

View attachment 4847
This is very accurate according to everything I have seen.

They are just going to make the entrance to the ride look a lot bigger and more expansive than it actually is.

Last edited:

Edit:

View attachment 4847
If thats the case though in relation to the rest of France the building will go the other way, away from world showcase lagoon not towards it. From the concept art at least.

If thats the case though in relation to the rest of France the building will go the other way, away from world showcase lagoon not towards it. From the concept art at least.
The show building for the ride will be to the right of the bakery and on the expansion pad in-between France and Morocco.

The show building for the ride will be to the right of the bakery and on the expansion pad in-between France and Morocco.
I understand that what im saying if if that road in the concept art is behind France, the ride building goes to the right away from from the Lagoon, not towards it, so it goes into the Food and Wine Storage area more than towards the current path around the lagoon in regard to the picture Alicia made. According to the art.

I would think all those current trees would remain and it would start just past them pushing further back towards the service road

Like this

Last edited:
I understand that what im saying if if that road in the concept art is behind France, the ride building goes to the right away from from the Lagoon, not towards it, so it goes into the Food and Wine Storage area more than towards the current path around the lagoon in regard to the picture Alicia made. According to the art.

I would think all those current trees would remain and it would start just past them pushing further back towards the service road
The queue path that she put together is correct if that's what you're getting at. It will not be a long queue at all and it will actually be similar to Haunted Mansion's in how you will walk along the water (sort of). Most of the queue will be outdoors from what i've heard.