Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Restaurants

I think the biggest issue is the fact that Hollywood doesn't have a proper sit-down restaurant. To me, all the dining options almost feel the same. Even the International Cafe.

For the type of clientele we're hearing from Hollywood, maybe a sit-down would be appropriate. That was the selling point of T-Rex, and it still baffles me as to why they took it out in the first place. Maybe it's a benchmark for something that will appear in the Plaza, but whatever reason, it was a breath of fresh air while it was open. Not for the food, but the service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think part of it has to do with the fact that there isn't much room for a full-fledged sit-down restaurant. In general, yes, there is room, but I know for a fact that they'd choose possible space for blockbuster attractions over restaurants any day. I'm not at all saying they shouldn't go that route, though. I think if the Great Hall dining option for The Wizarding World does make it to the park (and features the sit-down capability), I'd be a happy camper.

Like William said, there just isn't enough room for a proper sit down restaurant with ample seating space. Would be fanataic though. I think the best they can do is a super well themed counter service. If they did add a sit down Great Hall restaurant, that'd be awesome, but I don't see us having room for that.

If we do get a sit down, I think the first one will be the Three Broomsticks. If there's room of course.

I still can't believe that we won't be getting The Three Broomsticks. I mean, I know it isn't official yet, but rumors have been pointing to that conclusion so far. I'm sure the Great Hall would be an immersive dining experience, but I don't feel like it was meant to be treated like a restaurant. I've eaten in The Three Broomsticks in IOA a few times, and it isn't subpar in any way, shape or form.

Its been a while since I have been in the Cafe, bit does it still have "themed naming" of its items, like "Raptor Ribs" and the like? If so, does anyone have a list of all of its themed names for its items? I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights on Nov. 1st, and it'll be my last time going to USH for some time, probably until Harry Potter comes. May not be able to or have time to go into the Cafe (if it'll even be open during it anyway).

Well, for one, money, heh. For two, I don't live as close to USH as a lot of you do (about 3 hours from it). I drive enough as it is weekly, thanks to work (I live an hour away from work), so going to USH isn't quite the "excursion" that it once was, since so much more driving has become part of my life (unfortunately). Also, the park is clearly being changed in various places right now, and rather than see it in construction throughout the next few visits, I'd rather wait until Potter itself arrives (which I am VERY excited for).

Well, for one, money, heh. For two, I don't live as close to USH as a lot of you do (about 3 hours from it). I drive enough as it is weekly, thanks to work (I live an hour away from work), so going to USH isn't quite the "excursion" that it once was, since so much more driving has become part of my life (unfortunately). Also, the park is clearly being changed in various places right now, and rather than see it in construction throughout the next few visits, I'd rather wait until Potter itself arrives (which I am VERY excited for).
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. It'll be nice to see a more refined park once Potter arrives. :D

Hoping we get the Three Broomsticks, but not holding my breath.  I think it should be turned into an upscale dining experience as compared to IOA.  However, I wonder if there is a contract in place for the Citywalk vendors and fine dining options within the park?  Do they purposely keep sit down options outside the park to help boost sales for Citywalk?  Plus, a large area used up for a dining experience will take up valuable space within our small park. I see both sides of the coin.

I'd only be fine with us getting a smaller or no Three Broomstricks IF we get The Great Hall dining experience as well, which bordered CityWalk AND the theme park. That would become one of the most popular dining experiences in Los Angeles, if not the world, if it was done properly!

The Great Hall as a restaurant... snowing on winter. 4K proyectors of the sky in the ceiling, Fire around illumnating...

I have a question about the old Cyber Grill restaurant. Since it wasn't open when I visited USH, my question is, how was its theming? Did the name the menu options as something robotic or not? Does someone have some pictures of the inside (except for the really few pictures that are online) ?

I have a question about the old Cyber Grill restaurant. Since it wasn't open when I visited USH, my question is, how was its theming? Did the name the menu options as something robotic or not? Does someone have some pictures of the inside (except for the really few pictures that are online) ?
I have like 1 pic from inside. It's somewhere on my Facebook page I think. I'll dig it out tonight.

The theme was somewhat futuristic from what I can remember. But I never ate there, just saw thru the window. It was metallic and purple/blue like the rest of the building.

Thanks, will wait for your post.

I have only looked inside through the window as it was closed when I visited in 2009. I understood from JDK that it didn't open that much anymore. And I somehow have the feeling that it didn't have its former glory anymore at that point, that it was already a bit toned down with everything. Therefor I'm curious to the "early (glory) days" of this restaurant.