Return of Donkey Meet and Greet | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Return of Donkey Meet and Greet

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A replacement for Shrek would only take a couple of weeks to open, at the rate they are going with constant projects and just how simple it would be to retheme, if they work on the video when the park is closed. So they could even have it open before Potter opens, if they wished.

A replacement for Shrek would only take a couple of weeks to open, at the rate they are going with constant projects and just how simple it would be to retheme, if they work on the video when the park is closed. So they could even have it open before Potter opens, if they wished.

Hopefully it's replacement will not require 3d glasses and be something unique. Think about it once Transformers opens that means the 4 closest attractions to the entrance would require 3d glasses.

Shrek as a franchise is still relevant, Shrek as an attraction is supremely irrelevant. When JungleSkip speaks I listen, he tends to have his ear pretty close to the ground.

They would probably replace Shrek with another 3d ride, that's what they like doing apprently. God forbid that the Donkey meet and greet returns. 3D/movie rides at Universal are what Meet and Greets are to Magic Kingdom. lol

Last edited:
I think making a look at the entertainment industry's behind the scenes stuffing "entertaining" is something the parks have struggled with for years. Wasn't Murder She Wrote unpopular because the show was about an obnoxious lady in a rolling chair editing different shots and sounds on the monitors above the audience?

They would probably replace Shrek with another 3d ride, that's what they like doing apprently. God forbid that the Donkey meet and greet returns. 3D/movie rides at Universal are what Meet and Greets are to Magic Kingdom. lol

Nothing=>Rip Ride Rocket
Jaws=>Gringott's and Hogwart's Express
Earthquake=>Disaster
SS44=>Transformers
Jimmy Neutron=>Despicable Me
Back to the Future=>Simpsons
Wild West Stunt Show=>Fear Factor Live
Kong=>Mummy
Hitchcock=>Shrek

So, even going with the misguided assumption that a quality attraction can't be made with 3D (because TF, Spiderman, Star Tours, and the like are just bummers), that's two significant replacements in the last decade that involved 3D. Technically 3, but adding 3D to Jimmy Neutron doesn't really count.

Thanks for playing! Better luck next time :wave:

Reactions: Cecilia
Meet and greets are fine as long as they don't take over the whole park. Right now in dedicated park space Universal has what, 3 meet and greets. Shrek stuffed next to 4D, SpongeBob, and ET (sort of). Of course you have the private character breakfast and the individual parade floats/who ever is on Hollywood but that's not dedicated space.

It would not just take a few weeks to open. It would probably be down for approximately a year to eighteen months to do a complete refurbish of the building and change it to whatever they end up doing with it. Transformers is an anomaly due to needing to spend the money in a certain time frame. DMMM was closed for nearly a year before its reopening.

Well if the future of Shrek 4D is as short as people want it, then there's no reason to bring it back. If anything, they close Shrek with Kidzone, and bring Donkey meet and greet there. Or they can put it near Shrek 4D's extended queue line in the Hollywood area. They can make a smaller version like the one you see at USH.

Also I think Shrek 4D goes through the contract and does not get renewed, unless Universal has a movie as successful as DM.

I think making a look at the entertainment industry's behind the scenes stuffing "entertaining" is something the parks have struggled with for years. Wasn't Murder She Wrote unpopular because the show was about an obnoxious lady in a rolling chair editing different shots and sounds on the monitors above the audience?

that was one part of a four part show. i loved the show. it had awesome audience participation. and wasn't cheesy at all. you could have been picked to do ADR or do Foley work. and it was very entertaining and funny for the audience to watch.

I don't think it was replaced because the show sucked. i think it was replaced in 1996 because murder she wrote ended in 1996.

something else thats worth mentioning is that hercules and xena was closed in 1999 which is the same year that hercules ended.

We're about 99.99999% sure that Transformers is going to tak up residence in the newly demolished space where the vacant Soundstage 44 building once stood.

Nothing=>Rip Ride Rocket
Jaws=>Gringott's and Hogwart's Express
Earthquake=>Disaster
SS44=>Transformers
Jimmy Neutron=>Despicable Me
Back to the Future=>Simpsons
Wild West Stunt Show=>Fear Factor Live
Kong=>Mummy
Hitchcock=>Shrek

So, even going with the misguided assumption that a quality attraction can't be made with 3D (because TF, Spiderman, Star Tours, and the like are just bummers), that's two significant replacements in the last decade that involved 3D. Technically 3, but adding 3D to Jimmy Neutron doesn't really count.

Thanks for playing! Better luck next time :wave:

There's too many 3d\movie rides in just one park.

Sherk
Terminator
Despicable Me
Transformers
The Simpsons

(And in the first half of Twister, your standing for a long amount of time watching a screen, they literally play parts of the movies)

And your welcome :wave:

Last edited:
There's to many 3d\movie rides in just one park.

Sherk
Trementor
Despicable Me
Transformers
The Simpsons

That's solely a matter of Personal Opinion. Also,

Universe of Energy
Reflections of China
Captain EO
Soarin
Turtle Talk
Mission: Space
Circle of Life
Gran Fiesta Tour
Impressions de France
O Canada!

Last edited:
There's too many 3d\movie rides in just one park.

Sherk
Terminator
Despicable Me
Transformers
The Simpsons

And your welcome :wave:

DHS
Muppets
Star Tours
One Man's Dream
TSMM

So one less than USF

EPCOT
EO
Circle of Life
Nemo
Turtle Talk
Reflections of China
O'Canada!
Gran Fiesta Tour
Mission Space
Soarin'

So 4 more than USF

:wave:

Tuttle Talk doesn't count because it's always different and interacts with the guests.

You can't compare Mission Space to the Simpsons, that's ridiculous.

The Grand Fiesta tour does have plenty of screens put your actually on a track.

And Soarin, that's on a whole other level.

------------------------------

Like what I mean is sitting in like a box, and being thrown around. And I know epcot has there fare share of movie rides but we are talking about Universal right ? Alrighy then.

Last edited:
Tuttle Talk doesn't count because it's always different and interacts with the guests.

I forgot only your opinion counted. My bad.

You can't compare Mission Space to the Simpsons, that's ridiculous.

Nobody did. But they're the same thing. Simulators are Simulators are Simulators.

The Grand Fiesta tour does have plenty of screens put your actually on a track.

Do you even know what Transformers is?