Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think MIB will be on the chopping block once decisions are made about the plot of land between London and Springfield. It's certainly not a priority until after Nintendo though.
I doubt Mummy will disappear until it's maintenance costs grow to an uncomfortable level and until another NY themed IP is planned out.

I think MIB will be on the chopping block once decisions are made about the plot of land between London and Springfield. It's certainly not a priority until after Nintendo though.
I doubt Mummy will disappear until it's maintenance costs grow to an uncomfortable level and until another NY themed IP is planned out.
I wonder what the current maintenance costs are at currently.

This is why they need a third park. Leave the classics alone.

Then let me ask you this. Would you rather want Mummy to stay but not wanting the Third park to consist of not just the Mummy, but possibly other classic monsters? Or would you want to see the classic monsters better represented while seeing Mummy go for something that makes sense in the area?

I see Ninja Turtles as a great way to give New York in a way, cohesion. And if that risks losing the Mummy at USF; then I'm fine with it.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
What are the current average wait times for MIB and Mummy?
They've both been on the high end of the Touring Plans wait times during the past year. If the park is a 5 or 6, they've both been generally 7-9. So they both still are showing good popularity historically. And ROM especially, has great capacity. Best to ride them in the mornings when their wait times are fairly low.

No flipping way :box::censored::saw::fist::curse:

Both Mummy and MIB are getting reboots. If anything, they should get upgrades not replacements. MiB is one of my favorite dark rides, and one of the best in a theme park. Makes Buzz Light year look like a coin operated pony ride outside a Piggly Wiggly.
you're trippin. I'm mentioning it as far as location. Would do great to have Universal and their lands be more consistent. Sure keep Mummy but place it out of New York.
I also mentioned a while ago replacing Mummy with MIB and an updated team shooter type of attraction. Im not trying to get rid of properties, I'm thinking space and themed land/ride agreements.

In a way, i'd be perfectly fine with it. Gut out the coaster/line and do a spinning indoor coaster themed to the turtles. It just depends on how they handle the turtles in the attraction..
My thinking as well. Keep the indoor coaster element of it. Gives you a huge chance to bring that entrance to mummy out, re work the arcade and bathrooms, and use that extra space for a welled themed indoor turtles attraction. Then that Pizza Parlor across the way can get a refresher as well., since they LOVE Pizza. I can see kids now walking around with Turtles fill up cups and Mini Turtle draw string bags! That Rock climbing can be turtle themed like a race. This is all saying f they ever decide to replace Mummy. It could be a route to go shall they want to Keep the NY theme.

I think we'll see Mummy ripped out long before MIB. MIB is the only ride of its kind at the resort. Mummy can be crudely generalized as one-of-many coasters if need be.

Plus, between MIB, Fear Factor and the expansion plot, you can build a lot. There's no IPs in play (to my knowledge) that would warrant that kind of space.

Reactions: tankart150
Then let me ask you this. Would you rather want Mummy to stay but not wanting the Third park to consist of not just the Mummy, but possibly other classic monsters? Or would you want to see the classic monsters better represented while seeing Mummy go for something that makes sense in the area?

I see Ninja Turtles as a great way to give New York in a way, cohesion. And if that risks losing the Mummy at USF; then I'm fine with it.
See, this is a tricky hypothetical, if they built a new classic monsters land and they were basically going to build a new mummy ride, of course I'd take that deal. But they could refurb the existing ride to fit the future reboot and upgrade the track, AAs, effects and cars.

I'm still not sure, even with the dream scenario, that I'd want TMNT to take that spot.

Reactions: Mike S