Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Makes me feel old. First time I was at Universal, and on a business trip with my brother (A Studio Exec. that loved the movie aspect of Universal Studios). Mummy was soft opening with a huge wrap around the block line. Of course we weren't about to stand in that line. Back then, BTTF was my fav theme park attraction. My brother's fav was Terminator. He loved that attraction.

20 years?! I remember the advertisements coming out on this and being psyched out of my mind...To the point, as an 11 year old mind you, I was VERY upset with my family for dilly-dallying through Suess Landing during opening Summer...I remember crying outside of Circus McGurkus because they weren't moving fast enough.

Then we waited in a 2 hour line in which my cousin proceeded to pee himself an hour in....he was also 11. Nobody wanted to sit next to him because he reeked of dried piss so my dad forced me to sit next to him because, in his words, "there's no way we're leaving this line".

All around - quite the 4D experience.....

For those of you experiencing the nitpicking of new Universal attractions, you'll be pleased to know we were doing it back then with this attraction 20 years ago. :lmao: As much as we all love the ride now, there was some confusion at Universal's PR speak at the time regarding it being a "psychological thrill ride" and claiming that the skeleton warriors were going to leap onto the ride vehicle, etc.

For those of you experiencing the nitpicking of new Universal attractions, you'll be pleased to know we were doing it back then with this attraction 20 years ago. :lmao: As much as we all love the ride now, there was some confusion at Universal's PR speak at the time regarding it being a "psychological thrill ride" and claiming that the skeleton warriors were going to leap onto the ride vehicle, etc.

God, they really were pretending it was something more boundary pushing than an indoor coaster with dark ride elements. As far as I can remember, there were plans to utilize KUKA robotic arms (that would just a few short years later power Forbidden Journey) to make it seem like Imhotep (or one of his warriors) was jumping at you.

I remember as a kid getting hyped up about a skeleton jumping on my ride vehicle and how disappointed I was that didn’t happen. LOL

You could only imagine my disappointment when I got to ride Florida’s and then Hollywoods a couple of weeks after.

I loved Kong and was a bit disappointed when they closed the attraction. When Mummy opened I was impressed with the ride and how much could be fit in that building. Unfortunately for my parent as they can't do coaster and loved Kong but that is the price of change I guess.

Just rode this Thursday and the timing was way off. The beginning Imotep scene was completely dark but the sound was still playing. Fire room was off. And the fake control room scene was slow and I could notice the illusion very blatantly. Hopefully they address this with the closure soon.

Just rode this Thursday and the timing was way off. The beginning Imotep scene was completely dark but the sound was still playing. Fire room was off. And the fake control room scene was slow and I could notice the illusion very blatantly. Hopefully they address this with the closure soon.
Lmao I rode it yesterday and had none of these issues soooooo

Reactions: biggerboat16
Curious as to what you’re getting at here. Other poster was just reporting what they saw. Did you mean to write “appears to be fixed” instead of “soooo”?
I'm just saying it was probably just issues the ride had on that particular day not anything major.

Reactions: IzzyB
I still see timing issues when trains too close together, but riding back to back I get different results. At very least I wish it were more constant, instead of slightly different each time. Overall I do like the newer take on the effects since refurb, just wish was more reliable on timing.

I still see timing issues when trains too close together, but riding back to back I get different results. At very least I wish it were more constant, instead of slightly different each time. Overall I do like the newer take on the effects since refurb, just wish was more reliable on timing.
It's still unreliable, but I find it to definitely be more consistent than it was before the refurb.

I did rope drop for USF yesterday and this was my first ride. I had never heard them what sounds like a prerecorded "hot set" announcement right at opening saying that they were about to get started and the set was about to go dark. I thought that was really cool.

I did rope drop for USF yesterday and this was my first ride. I had never heard them what sounds like a prerecorded "hot set" announcement right at opening saying that they were about to get started and the set was about to go dark. I thought that was really cool.

I've never encountered/heard about that, but what a great touch.

I believe from what I recall, most attractions have a themed spiel like that for when the first guests pass the greeter position. It's a cute little touch that makes the guests feel special and lets every other position know that guests are coming and to be ready/in theme/not be idiots since they'll have already been in position doing pre-guest ride cycles for quite some time by that point lol. It's a fun thing to look out for!

Yes, I rode pretty close to back to back about 5 minutes a part and the experience the first time was timing was way off and next time it was perfect. So it doesn't seem like it always happens but more of what happens when coasters get too close to each other.