Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

I can't find any YT video with it, I'm shocked. I think it was changed around 2005-2007 if I recall. Scene 11, the last scene actually has a dome screen. There was a video projector in one corner with a custom fish-eye lens (I might have this video clip... I'll look for it! :shades:). As you turned around on the turntable you would watch the video above and then the room came to life with faux fire surrounding you and hot steam cannons (from below the ride track as well as from track left and right) would go off, then at the end, the two (track left and right) LN2 (still being used today) cannons would spray the ride vehicle as it left the room. That's basically it.

This is a picture from a 2014 article but was taken just before the opening of the ride in 2004. They were the opening crew for the ride. Sadly the guy in the second row passed away a while back. I believe the guy in the front row far right still works at JP.

One more thing, see how the vehicle doesn't have the metal handrails on the front? It was added after a few incidents of people (walking into the first row) would fall into the track area. Don't ask me why, but they did and the rails were added thereafter.

1024x617

Last edited:
I can't find any YT video with it, I'm shocked. I think it was changed around 2005-2007 if I recall. Scene 11, the last scene actually has a dome screen. There was a video projector in one corner with a custom fish-eye lens (I might have this video clip... I'll look for it! :shades:). As you turned around on the turntable you would watch the video above and then the room came to life with faux fire surrounding you and hot steam cannons (from below the ride track as well as from track left and right) would go off, then at the end, the two (track left and right) LN2 (still being used today) cannons would spray the ride vehicle as it left the room. That's basically it.

This is a picture from a 2014 article but was taken just before the opening of the ride in 2004. They were the opening crew for the ride. Sadly the guy in the second row passed away a while back. I believe the guy in the front row far right still works at JP.

One more thing, see how the vehicle doesn't have the metal handrails on the front? It was added after a few incidents of people (walking into the first row) would fall into the track area. Don't ask me why, but they did and the rails were added thereafter.

1024x617

Okay, that ending is the one I remember (I have not been to that park since 2006-ish), what is the current ending?

Okay, that ending is the one I remember (I have not been to that park since 2006-ish), what is the current ending?
Basically the entire room is pitch black and foggy. There are occasional strobes that flash, allowing you to see a bit of the fog. The track still turns and above the vehicle exit is a projection screen showing the ending of the eclipse. You see a ghastly face screaming with Imhotep yelling "NOOOO!!!", suspenseful music, and then the screen goes black. ...And then BAM there's a flash (supposed to act out as a jumpscare I guess) and then the vehicle leaves the room.

They left the set pieces of the old ending untouched and you can almost identify where the faux fire used to be, but you can't see it most of the time due to the fog and the darkness of the room. I'm not the best at describing so here's a video that'll help (It doesn't show the flash):

Last edited:
Basically the entire room is pitch black and foggy. There are occasional strobes that flash, allowing you to see a bit of the fog. The track still turns and above the vehicle exit is a projection screen showing the ending of the eclipse. You see a ghastly face screaming with Imhotep yelling "NOOOO!!!", suspenseful music, and then the screen goes black. ...And then BAM there's a flash (supposed to act out as a jumpscare I guess) and then the vehicle leaves the room.

They left the set pieces of the old ending untouched and you can almost identify where the faux fire used to be, but you can't see it due to the fog and the darkness of the room. I'm not the best at describing so here's the video for you to watch:

Do you know of a good low light video of the old one?

Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride - 13th Anniversary - Universal Parks & Resorts:

At 0:46, you'll see one of the steam cannons used from the old ending. The two lights (with red gels) next to it are to uplight the steaming. One is a PAR64 and the other a strobe light. This would be track-right once the turntable has you heading to the unload platform.

I know its not possible in any way, but I've always thought this would be a perfect ride if some how, some way the ride ended 10 feet higher, turned on the table then had a "drop" track effect. Boom doors open roll to the station. The ride is missing a final beat.

I know its not possible in any way, but I've always thought this would be a perfect ride if some how, some way the ride ended 10 feet higher, turned on the table then had a "drop" track effect. Boom doors open roll to the station. The ride is missing a final beat.

Youre 100% right about it missing a final beat. I rode with a friend who'd never been on it. She was like "I thought something else was going to happen at the end". Or just tear it down for Nintendo either one is fine haha

Youre 100% right about it missing a final beat. I rode with a friend who'd never been on it. She was like "I thought something else was going to happen at the end". Or just tear it down for Nintendo either one is fine haha
If they took it down for Nintendo, I would be really disappointed. Yeah, the Mummy is a shadow of Florida's version; it isn't amazing, but to tear down the only somewhat descent coaster for a land that will only have a family coaster would be very lame. That's especially considering USH needs to up its ride count.

The Mummy has some nice elements. It's got a good launch, a nice pop of airtime, a unique backwards portion...it should stay.

They left the set pieces of the old ending untouched and you can almost identify where the faux fire used to be, but you can't see it most of the time due to the fog and the darkness of the room. I'm not the best at describing so here's a video that'll help (It doesn't show the flash):

That is not "fog" that's LN2 which was used for the old ending as well. It fills the room with the LN2 to create the "fog" like effect. The star strobe lights were added as well as the video projection on top after you complete the turn. Everything is still there, minus the Christie video projector.

Was at the park there last week and saw they finally replaced the Ad at the end from the third Mummy Movie from years ago with the Reboot
Through with how poorly the Reboot did, don't think we have to fear the ride getting changed anytime soon