Rhino Rally Expansion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Rhino Rally Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Rhino Rally is really going, then it should be very interesting to see what replaces it. The ride takes up a HUGE plot of land... big enough for even a new area.

I'm also all for this ride getting the axe.

I think we will see a full renovation and new Nairobi area of the park. New animal exhibits, new train station, and to top it off a 309 ft tall B&M Giga :pray:

Update:

(9/18/12) Busch Gardens Tampa has confirmed with Screamscape that Rhino Rally “is closed for extensive maintenance, including an enhancement of the animal habitats. It will reopen in time for the busy holiday season, though I don’t have an exact date yet.”

Could we please get some version of a hyper coaster down here in Florida please. Not sure if removing Rhino Rally though would open up enough room for one though. Nitro, Millennium Force, Apollos Chariot anything along those lines would be stellar

Could we please get some version of a hyper coaster down here in Florida please. Not sure if removing Rhino Rally though would open up enough room for one though. Nitro, Millennium Force, Apollos Chariot anything along those lines would be stellar

You have my vote! After talking to Mark Rose and knowing he's on the back end of his career, I would love to see him go out with a 250-300 ft airtime machine. He is the best in park designer for coaster their is.

You have my vote! After talking to Mark Rose and knowing he's on the back end of his career, I would love to see him go out with a 250-300 ft airtime machine. He is the best in park designer for coaster their is.

We met him at an event last year and was very cool, even took the time to come over and say hi to our kids for a min. I should have implanted this idea at that time, wish i would have thought about this back then hahaha:rofl:

I've met him 4-5 times and he's a great guy and has a pride for his creations like none other. He's a brilliant designer that IMO doesn't get anywhere near enough credit. I would really like to see him build an attraction that gets true national attention and respect if the next one is his last, which I fear it will be as he just passed his 30th anniversary with the park not long ago.

Na, you can have the station area where Rhino is now and have part of the track run in that area and then also the are behind Congo are the water retention ponds. That would leave the whole right side of the Savannah untouched. Im just spit-balling here, but im sure with how intertwined Cheetah im sure they could make this one work.

I was there today and can confirm that Rhino Rally was up and running. There is a couple new features, very small changes, but fun for the kids. There was a character that sent out a "distress call" that my driver called Scooter. He claimed to need fuel, water, and his favorite hat, so along the road at certain points where the objects you needed. Other than that the same experience, glad I did it as the driver was really funny, but I only did it for the short wait.

I was there today and can confirm that Rhino Rally was up and running. There is a couple new features, very small changes, but fun for the kids. There was a character that sent out a "distress call" that my driver called Scooter. He claimed to need fuel, water, and his favorite hat, so along the road at certain points where the objects you needed. Other than that the same experience, glad I did it as the driver was really funny, but I only did it for the short wait.

The fact that the name was Scooter would leave me to believe that The Creative lead of Entertainment Scott Swenson had something to do with the little enhancements.

I am sorry, but without the water portion excitement/uniqueness the ride is not really worth going to.

The fact that the name was Scooter would leave me to believe that The Creative lead of Entertainment Scott Swenson had something to do with the little enhancements.

I am sorry, but without the water portion excitement/uniqueness the ride is not really worth going to.

I agree for the most part, if there is no wait its nice to try and get pics.
The water portion was pretty cool when it first opened.

nice they found enough drivers to open it up, might be the last time it's open... Parts of that storyline was used before, makes me wonder did they finally play the full unused portion or if the drivers decided to use it now... I know entertainment tried to fix the ride when the water portion went away...

nice they found enough drivers to open it up, might be the last time it's open... Parts of that storyline was used before, makes me wonder did they finally play the full unused portion or if the drivers decided to use it now... I know entertainment tried to fix the ride when the water portion went away...

Well there's a big barrel that says water, a container that says fuel, and a hat along the course that I know were not there before. They weren't very well hidden either. The driver even said "Look Fluffy, (navigator's nickname) a can of fuel conveniently nailed to the fence!

Well there's a big barrel that says water, a container that says fuel, and a hat along the course that I know were not there before. They weren't very well hidden either. The driver even said "Look Fluffy, (navigator's nickname) a can of fuel conveniently nailed to the fence!

maybe the crew did it themselves... I remember Scooter's distress call in the queue area (this was around the time of cheetah hunt construction) and it was Scott's voice back then too, maybe they just finished by adding those props to make people think this is why it was closed, rather than for the attendance and aging ride vehicles...