RIP Gwazi (1999-2015) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reptile theme would be interesting, but I don't think an alligator would be too fitting for a roller coaster.

Back in 2015 when SeaWorld filed the set of trademarks for Cobra's Curse, one of the alternate names considered was Reptitan. The trademark has long since been abandoned, but I think it could be a pretty awesome name for this coaster.

b0rxYCA.png

Reactions: Magic-Man
It's probably not going to be a snake, Alligator/Crocodile is possible but I'm not feeling it too much, Komodo Dragon sounds good, the word Komodo could fit well in a ride name I think.

Wouldn’t it be tied to something a bit more African continent centric? They’ll probably do either something mythical (Gwazi, Kumba, Tigris, Montu) or something amusement park ride sounding (Cheetah Hunt, Falcon’s Fury, Cobra’s Curse)

So it’ll probably be something more like Mamba’s Revenge or Ophion (African serpent god lol)

Wouldn’t it be tied to something a bit more African continent centric? They’ll probably do either something mythical (Gwazi, Kumba, Tigris, Montu) or something amusement park ride sounding (Cheetah Hunt, Falcon’s Fury, Cobra’s Curse)

So it’ll probably be something more like Mamba’s Revenge or Ophion (African serpent god lol)
Do we think they’ll try to connect the theme to Morocco? Or will they make a new area for the ride?

I feel like Twisted Tiger was a missed opportunity, I really liked the name

I do wonder if this will remain Gwazi or if they'll change it

With Walkabout Way nearby...it could totally be an Australian reptile....Crocodile anyone? The park has lost a bit of it's African theming over the years anyway. There's already Walkabout Way (Australia), Jungala (SE Asia) and a mythical land called Pantopia. I see nothing wrong with making the park more "worldly" themed.

I have posted in here before about making that whole area Australian themed with the addition of some flats to complete it.

As far as the name, Twisted Tiger is nice, but I'm all for a more unique name than the other RMC conversions out there. Twisted has been used enough.

Reactions: Magic-Man
With Walkabout Way nearby...it could totally be an Australian reptile....Crocodile anyone? The park has lost a bit of it's African theming over the years anyway. There's already Walkabout Way (Australia), Jungala (SE Asia) and a mythical land called Pantopia. I see nothing wrong with making the park more "worldly" themed.

I have posted in here before about making that whole area Australian themed with the addition of some flats to complete it.

As far as the name, Twisted Tiger is nice, but I'm all for a more unique name than the other RMC conversions out there. Twisted has been used enough.
I do know there is a concept for an Australian themed area at BGT...What we got was Walkabout Way, an expansion on that would be cool

I also think it would be fun if they did something voodoo/witch doctor themed and stuck with the African aesthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.