Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even as early as I got here and as close to the front of the line, I ended up at boarding group 45. People passed from way behind me had group 13!!
WiFi crapped out on me and it took longer to load. Group 47. So much for getting here at 4:30.

Looks like sleep is back on the menu going forward.

If they held turnstiles till 7, this would be the most fair the system has been. Maybe if less people show up early due to this change they will.

Reactions: Cheezbat
If they held turnstiles till 7, this would be the most fair the system has been. Maybe if less people show up early due to this change they will.

I think you’d have the same problem. People would just line up early to make sure they got into the park first at 7am. Wouldn’t solve the problem. I think this method actually makes the most sense. Although it must be pure chaos once 7 am hits.

I think you’d have the same problem. People would just line up early to make sure they got into the park first at 7am. Wouldn’t solve the problem. I think this method actually makes the most sense. Although it must be pure chaos once 7 am hits.
Chaos/anger.

Shocking! You mean they are operating now like 90% of the other parks do. :) Seriously, this is obviously and attempt to stop people from showing up so insanely early.

Reactions: belloq87
I agree, holding the turnstiles until 7 should be the way to go. And Disney can also eliminate “camping” by opening the parking lot later, no? Have Resort transportation start an hour-ish before park open, and open parking at ~ the same time. Make it as fair as you can.

Reactions: belloq87
Shocking! You mean they are operating now like 90% of the other parks do. :) Seriously, this is obviously and attempt to stop people from showing up so insanely early.
Sort of. It’s close. Difference being when they let guests through the turnstiles 40 mins earlier than scheduled open time my position physically closer to Pandora ensures I will be one of the first to get into line when FoP officially opens.

Are there any reports on how the opening of this ride has affected crowds at the other parks? I would expect that MK is pretty busy at this time anyway. Are people park hopping to EPCOT a lot via DS?
Good timing question. Fred Hazelton, crowd level analyst for Touring Plans, today did a crowd analysis report on TouringPlans.com/blog/...His findings and some quotes from the article.
Nov. 18 to Dec. 16 Crowd Analysis
.................................Predicted Crowd Level............'Observed' Crowd Level
MK..........................5.4.............................................5.4
Epcot......................6.0.............................................4.8
DHS........................7.1..............................................4.6
AK..........................6.0..............................................4.9

*"Crowds were down in general over the last 30 days at the three parks (Epcot, DHS, AK). DHS numbers were much lower than expected. Crowds were very light leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday, much lighter than normal."
* "Crowd levels at DHS were very down from predicted levels during the last 30 days.".....Our models are showing that DHS crowds are about as large as they would normally without the new ride (RotR)"
* Animal Kingdom. "There is some indication that AK crowd levels are finally decreasing to pre-Pandoran levels. Of the last 30 days ,our predictions have overestimated on 19 days. Perhaps the new lands are drawing a few more guests away from Pandora."

Reactions: JoeCamel
Disney is more crowded and more expensive than 90% of other parks so no they really shouldn't operate like those parks.

Me thinks it's time to go the Hagrid route and just do stand-by, but close the line early. I really wonder how long they expect the VQ to be in place and if it'll be done by the time MMRR is opening - especially because rumor is Mickey will be using the VQ upon opening.

Problem is they can't hold turnstiles until 7 because the "secure" area inside of security has been completely filled up, making it a fire hazard. They haven't been opening early for fun, it's been because they need to comply with the fire marshall.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
What are the thoughts about expanding this to fast pass only and eliminating the morning rush altogether?

Can still do boarding passes and just make Fastpasses based on times. 7am-8am fastpass is boarding group one. 7:15-8:15 is two, etc.

Does this screw anyone not staying on site? Yes. But just a thought. Could also make it go live 30 days from now vs 60, if that was a concern.

I would think the issue with using FP at this point, is that the attraction still has significant downtime due to technical issues. It's just too unreliable, with a pretty small capacity, at the present time.

I would think the issue with using FP at this point, is that the attraction still has significant downtime due to technical issues. It's just too unreliable, with a pretty small capacity, at the present time.

Even if they released the same amount as they do boarding passes?

The problem with FP versus the boarding passes is FP is a specific time. This ride hasn't been reliable enough yet to go to a system like that yet, imo.

I do think that if they wanted to, they could though. There's very little difference with the Boarding Passes and FP except the time window.

Disney is more crowded and more expensive than 90% of other parks so no they really shouldn't operate like those parks.
I meant the other Disney parks. At this point, with all the complains no matter what they do, Disney should say "screw it", stop the BG, and make everyone stand in line. Then they can kvetch about it like people in FoP do.

The boarding passes don't have a 1 hour time frame.....FP time frames could cause expectations frenzy and discord.
At the same time, it would relieve the CMs of the "frenzy and discord" at park opening. And the park would no longer need to open so early, either.

Reactions: Andysol