Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

Thank you for all of your insights! Trying to find good YouTube videos that give a lot of detail on all of the procedures, etc. in the post Covid world we live in have been few and far between and my last visit was more than a few years ago. This virtual queue line for ROTR is all new to me so thank you again for all of your tips!
The RotR thread over on Magic has tons of tips....but you have to do a lot of reading to get the full scope.

New procedure:

Still has some downsides, but I see this as a net positive change provided that the following are true:

1. Guests can get a boarding group from off Disney property (the wording is currently vague).
2. Guests can switch their park reservation for the day to one of the other WDW parks if the Rise of the Resistance boarding groups run out before they can get one (pending availability at those other parks, of course).

Assuming those things happen, I think this will clear up (some) of the major crowding that happens at DHS right when it opens.

With only one show there's not much to do in the park that warrants a full day there. With no park hopping, there's not much reason to go if you
can't get on RotR. This may turn out to e a big mistake for DHS attendance and bears watching.

On the bright side for cast members, they might finally be able to get into Studios. Cast members main gate passes have been blocked for Studios since November of last year.

Last edited:
Just tried to join the 10am boarding group. It let me try from home, but by the time I submitted my party about 7 secs after 10am it said groups were filled already.
Even Faster than the 10 seconds people said it was before this. Reminds me of the old Superman TV beginning. 'Faster than a bullet, faster than the speed of light' or something like that :lol:

DHS's numbers are going to plummet.

That's surely part of Disney's intent with this, no? It sure seems like, especially for the first couple hours after park opening, that Hollywood Studios is kind of a wait time nightmare, as both the crowd that got boarding passes and the crowd that didn't but are still "trapped" at the park (because it's the only park they can hit that day) are filling up every other line in the park.

This will -- theoretically -- remove at least some of the guests in that second group.

Just tried to join the 10am boarding group. It let me try from home, but by the time I submitted my party about 7 secs after 10am it said groups were filled already.
This sounds like the worst possible outcome of this system. Ultimately, they just need to get this ride more reliable. If it was consistently reliable, people would surely be able to get on with limited capacity no?

This sounds like the worst possible outcome of this system. Ultimately, they just need to get this ride more reliable. If it was consistently reliable, people would surely be able to get on with limited capacity no?
I sincerely hope so. Let’s just take Avatar for example - due to COVID, it’s probably the first time since it’s initial 2017 opening that the ride had under 60 min wait times for most of the day. So it took over 2 years for them to have the line get to a more manageable spot and that’s because of extraneous conditions.

Star Wars is a much more popular property and RotR is arguably a better ride. They need to get standby going, because the crowds aren’t getting manageable any time soon for them. Especially with a lack of new attractions on the horizon thanks to 2020, this is going to be the flagship attraction in Orlando for quite a while.

Last edited:
What's fundamentally, and unfairly wrong with this system is that the unfortunate slob that spent $10,000 (example) on a WDW vacation for his family, that isn't a hardcore fan or a local that knows the intricate
ins and outs of this system, probably will not get 'lucky' enough to ride this. It's patently unfair to design a system that lets an uber fan, who probably hasn't spent much, get on this ride repeated days, while the
other guests can't. And I don't even want to hear the excuse that when you go on vacation it's on you to know the ins and outs of everything. This system gives the high tech knowledge uber fans an unfair advantage.
It's wrong, wrong, wrong.

What's fundamentally, and unfairly wrong with this system is that the unfortunate slob that spent $10,000 (example) on a WDW vacation for his family, that isn't a hardcore fan or a local that knows the intricate
ins and outs of this system, probably will not get 'lucky' enough to ride this. It's patently unfair to design a system that lets an uber fan, who probably hasn't spent much, get on this ride repeated days, while the
other guests can't. And I don't even want to hear the excuse that when you go on vacation it's on you to know the ins and outs of everything. This system gives the high tech knowledge uber fans an unfair advantage.
It's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Disney is a victim of its own success and hubris. When it first opened, everybody had the same opportunity to do the same experiences but as they've cut apart and monetized everything available (besides FastPass, for the most part), it really requires a lot of homework and prep just to be able to do everything you think you'd want to do.

It boggles my mind that the best system was to get up at 6 AM EST in hopes of booking their meals 6 months in advance. (Yes it’s only 60 days now.)

I’m hoping this move will be helping decrease overall attendance to the park since I’ll be going there of the second day of this new process. With so few attractions I’d rather only have the people who actually wanna be there vs people who wasted a day and reservation so they’re just taking up space.

I had a message about it from Disney saying saying from your Disney Hotel from 7am or Disney Property or in the Park for the 2pm