Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

We were able to do it from home. It however wouldn’t let my friends add me because it said I don’t have a reservation, which I do. So we will have to speak with them in the park. We got group 13 though.

"This new approach will make a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios more enjoyable and relaxing, as guests no longer need to be inside the park each morning to request a boarding group for the first virtual queue opportunity. As a reminder, you need to be inside the park to request the 2 p.m. boarding groups."

More enjoyable for who? The mouse counting the money? This is very specifically designed to screw consumers while getting the most money out of them.

"This new approach will make a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios more enjoyable and relaxing, as guests no longer need to be inside the park each morning to request a boarding group for the first virtual queue opportunity. As a reminder, you need to be inside the park to request the 2 p.m. boarding groups."

More enjoyable for who? The mouse counting the money? This is very specifically designed to screw consumers while getting the most money out of them.
More enjoyable because you can join a boarding group from your hotel room. And if you don't get a group, you don't have to go to the park. No one is forcing you to go wait for the 2PM timeslot.

More enjoyable because you can join a boarding group from your hotel room. And if you don't get a group, you don't have to go to the park. No one is forcing you to go wait for the 2PM timeslot.
Good point. This system could favor disney hotel guests while giving the appearances that anyone at that time has a fair chance. They could also make the 2 pm time slot with only enough spots to cover their ass at a minimum while giving most of those passes out to resort guests as well.

Good point. This system could favor disney hotel guests while giving the appearances that anyone at that time has a fair chance. They could also make the 2 pm time slot with only enough spots to cover their ass at a minimum while giving most of those passes out to resort guests as well.
Anyone at that time does have a chance as long as you are on your pone waiting right at 7am. I live a solid 15-20 minutes from DHS and I can join a boarding group from my bed as long as I have a DHS Park Pass.

Got to try out this format today and it worked like a breeze for me*, got group 41.
Getting on the ride itself, that was a little bit more of an adventure. Ride didn't open till after 12pm, and it went down again for an hour around 2pm. (Thankfully I was well in the hangar at that time, so I got to stay inside.) I gotta' say the CM's were great during the downtime, constantly checking up on folks and giving bathroom breaks. I can also confirm the floor in that room is surprisingly comfy!

As for the ride itself, while I'll save most of it for my TR, it was well worth the wait for me! Definitely a Top 5 (perhaps even Top 3) dark ride for me.

* = Once I figured out the day before to turn off my phones VPN. That apparently was preventing me of doing a lot of stuff on the app such as mobile ordering, using QR codes for menu's etc. Probably even borked my chances of getting a 2pm boarding pass on Monday.

Some good news finally for Rise of the Resistance as far as reliability. Here's how many Boarding Groups have gone through each day since the beginning of the month. On December 5th, it hit an all-time low as far as boarding groups in a single day, but since December 12th, you can see that it has really hit a stride and has seen more than 170 Boarding Groups on 8 of those dates. This has helped the ride become 62% more reliable over what it had been averaging.

Now, of course, they increased capacity in that time frame, so that's part of the reason. But the fact that it seems like the ride is staying pretty damn reliable is encouraging.
rise-resistance-boarding-groups-december-29.jpg

We rode on 12/26. Felt very fortunate that we could join a boarding group from home (actually our daughter did that). Anyway, I did feel folks were kept in groups with distance between parties. I did not take a lot of photos, but here is an example of how plexiglass is placed around to allow different groups to gather in different areas.

rrr.jpg

Some good news finally for Rise of the Resistance as far as reliability. Here's how many Boarding Groups have gone through each day since the beginning of the month. On December 5th, it hit an all-time low as far as boarding groups in a single day, but since December 12th, you can see that it has really hit a stride and has seen more than 170 Boarding Groups on 8 of those dates. This has helped the ride become 62% more reliable over what it had been averaging.

Now, of course, they increased capacity in that time frame, so that's part of the reason. But the fact that it seems like the ride is staying pretty damn reliable is encouraging.

This assumes the BG size has not been changed, probably has not but they could do that. Anyone ever get beyond a guess on size? I have heard 100p but nothing concrete. Would line up with the TRPH though. (theoretical riders per hour)

We were there on 12/5/2020. Got boarding group 13 from our room at UOR and figured that we could get in ROTR before lunch leaving all afternoon open. When we got to the park they weren't boarding any groups at all, TM's were out front talking to guest. We called it quits and got back to Royal Pacific around 4, and happened to notice they were boarding groups 1-12. So we gathered our group and rushed back to DHS. They called group 13 around 5, we walked on just before 6 and still waited in the que for 40ish minutes. I'm guessing the only reason they even got to group 21 is because most people had scattered for the day and the groups weren't full.

This assumes the BG size has not been changed, probably has not but they could do that. Anyone ever get beyond a guess on size? I have heard 100p but nothing concrete. Would line up with the TRPH though. (theoretical riders per hour)

I was going to ask if it was known that the Boarding Group size would stay constant. That would make a difference, but it still shows the ride is having good uptime! My daughter got on the app before we went to the park, she got us BG18, I would say our window opened around 30 minutes after park open.

My daughter had ridden before (she got to go when my brother visited). I asked her if much had changed and she did tell me that they had a vehicle to themselves (two people) and the change is now in the groupings and the plexiglass placement and such (from her perspective).

Anyhow (as a COVID cautious person), I liked time outside (but the weather was incredible for me) in the queues and then spaced well (esp on the inside), I felt comfortable that there were barriers when needed (might not be here, but some rides suffer from these barriers) and I suspect one of the best things was the lack of fast pass (outside of this boarding group) helped lines move at all times -- it was comfortable to be moving often (to me in times of a pandemic).

just wanted to show a pic showing how plexiglass has been added.

I know there is no true 'safe' outside of limiting the number of people you encounter in a day and I admit my family and I have not done a lot since FEB, but I was impressed by the effort Disney is making as (to me) it all seemed logical based on what I know of the current virus.

plexiRise.jpg

just wanted to show a pic showing how plexiglass has been added.

I know there is no true 'safe' outside of limiting the number of people you encounter in a day and I admit my family and I have not done a lot since FEB, but I was impressed by the effort Disney is making as (to me) it all seemed logical based on what I know of the current virus.

View attachment 13740
Agreed. The only really iffy things I’ve seen Disney do is Falcon’s plexiglass, but at least there guests can still request to not have others in their party, and FoP loading every chair (which is just plain bad).

Hello everyone! Long time lurker/ never poster here... but I'm curious how has this ride been this September in regards to obtaining a boarding pass? Still incredibly difficult? I'll be visiting at Rope drop next Tuesday the 21st. I've studied the drill on how the sign up works just curious if there is anything new I should worry about. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! Long time lurker/ never poster here... but I'm curious how has this ride been this September in regards to obtaining a boarding pass? Still incredibly difficult? I'll be visiting at Rope drop next Tuesday the 21st. I've studied the drill on how the sign up works just curious if there is anything new I should worry about. Thanks in advance!
From what I've been reading on Touring Plans, September attendance at DHS has been so slow that there's not much problem getting a boarding pass, if not morning window than during afternoon window, during
weekdays. There's even been some evenings they opened up stand by during the last hour or so before closing.

From what I've been reading on Touring Plans, September attendance at DHS has been so slow that there's not much problem getting a boarding pass, if not morning window than during afternoon window, during
weekdays. There's even been some evenings they opened up stand by during the last hour or so before closing.

That is great to know and what I was looking for! Thanks for the reply!

looks like you are going just before the next (I assume temporary) change:

starting Sept. 23, we will pause the use of virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance