Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

Magic forum users are saying that Lightning and Genie+ will start in late October and so this will, unfortunately, be a short-term experience indeed.
That just means that instead of waiting in standby line you can pay to purchase an ala carte Lightning Lane pass for Rise, because it will not be included in Genie+.

That can still be true whether it’s using standby or boarding groups.

Short term or not, this will go into effect literally the day right before I will be going to DHS.

It’s going to be so relieving and exciting not to have to deal with those stupid boarding groups. I will gladly wait in line.
So nice of them to time it so well for you! Best part is, all the bloggers and vloggers will have gotten it out our systems on day one, so it should be more self regulating by the time you arrive and less ridicules.

Rest in Hell to the boarding pass system at RotR.

How can they be that far off in the posted wait time?

(It's not like there's a financial advantage for them to convince people lines are longer and thus guide people towards buying access for something that is actually only 15 minute wait.)

How can they be that far off in the posted wait time?

(It's not like there's a financial advantage for them to convince people lines are longer and thus guide people towards buying access for something that is actually only 15 minute wait.)

They have zero data on what actual waits are based on crowds. Zero. It's all fly by night right now.

I’ll be interested to see how this Queue effects the other attractions at DHS. One would suspect it would help spread the folks out more since they have to wait in line for all top tiered attractions, for now.

I’ll be interested to see how this Queue effects the other attractions at DHS. One would suspect it would help spread the folks out more since they have to wait in line for all top tiered attractions, for now.
Today’s a bad example cause the news of standby for rise actually brought more people into this park than usual today. Waits are up for the whole park. Will be interesting how next week goes, especially with the anniversary.

And they’re getting better at posting a correct wait time now already! That was just a fluke when I rode earlier Lol

@Alicia just posted on her Theme Park Stop site that she rode ROTR three times stand by today , with actual wait times of 15 minutes, 1 hour, and 1 hour....The Boarding Group concept is a travesty.
To be fair - crowds at HS have been extremely low on the weekdays as of recently. Interested to see how it looks on the weekend. Probably can’t be any worse than FoP though, glad they made the change.

To be fair - crowds at HS have been extremely low on the weekdays as of recently. Interested to see how it looks on the weekend. Probably can’t be any worse than FoP though, glad they made the change.
Weekends have been pretty dead at WDW also. October may bear some watching. But bottom line is that the Boarding Pass lottery system, especially for tourists unfamiliar with the tech tricks, sucks.

Looks like the posted wait time actually went down as park hopping kicking in at 2 even.

Because people normally start their day at DHS and park hop AWAY to Epcot or MK since those parks have fireworks shows and DHS is still without Fantasmic and their hub fireworks show.

DHS may have just received 5 new rides, but it’s definitely still a half day park.

Just did Rise. Line was posted at 80 min. Waited 45 min. Line moved VERY quickly and experienced no breakdowns while waiting. Everything on the ride worked.

What an absolute dumpster fire that boarding group lottery was. Thank God it’s gone and I really hope they get rid of it for DL’s sooner than later. Being able to just hop into line and wait around 45-60 min for a “guaranteed” ride has made the day WAY easier on my group. I got back into my room after HHN around 3AM so I was not about to make it for rope drop. :lol:

The crowds look pretty reasonable today so I look forward to a second ride on Rise! Absolutely thrilled I didn’t have to deal with the virtual queue!

Went to Epcot today to see Epcot Forever for one last time, but took the Skyliner over to DHS for a few hours to ride RotR since I hadn't been on the ride since December 2019, I believe. Got to the park after six and stepped in line right around 6:30 with a 65 minute wait. It took 50 minutes. When we were moving we were really moving. I think the ride broke down for 15 minutes or so which slowed us down. Without that, it probably would've been around a 35 minute wait. We were certainly on pace to get on and off in around that amount of time.

What I found interesting was that RotR didn't have a crazy long line that was out of whack with other rides around the park. Once we got off the ride, I checked the app and RotR was at 35, Slinky was at 45 (we rode it and it took 30), ToT was 45, MMRR, RNRC, Smugglers Run & Swirling Saucers were 25, and ST & TSMM were 5.

Part of this obviously is just there generally being low crowds right now and i'm interested in how high RotR lines get during busy times, but I think undeniably right now, the best strategy is to go at night if you want to ride with limited waits. I could've rode Rise several more times before park close if I had wanted to, which is the best part about boarding groups being gone. The hassle is now taken out of the equation and if I want to wait four hours, I have that choice. Or conversely if lines are low, I have the option to ride multiple times, which we've never been able to do before.

Went to Epcot today to see Epcot Forever for one last time, but took the Skyliner over to DHS for a few hours to ride RotR since I hadn't been on the ride since December 2019, I believe. Got to the park after six and stepped in line right around 6:30 with a 65 minute wait. It took 50 minutes. When we were moving we were really moving. I think the ride broke down for 15 minutes or so which slowed us down. Without that, it probably would've been around a 35 minute wait. We were certainly on pace to get on and off in around that amount of time.

What I found interesting was that RotR didn't have a crazy long line that was out of whack with other rides around the park. Once we got off the ride, I checked the app and RotR was at 35, Slinky was at 45 (we rode it and it took 30), ToT was 45, MMRR, RNRC, Smugglers Run & Swirling Saucers were 25, and ST & TSMM were 5.

Part of this obviously is just there generally being low crowds right now and i'm interested in how high RotR lines get during busy times, but I think undeniably right now, the best strategy is to go at night if you want to ride with limited waits. I could've rode Rise several more times before park close if I had wanted to, which is the best part about boarding groups being gone. The hassle is now taken out of the equation and if I want to wait four hours, I have that choice. Or conversely if lines are low, I have the option to ride multiple times, which we've never been able to do before.

I do imagine going later in the day is the best strategy for RoTR. We ended up going today, but we did spend the full 120 minutes in the queue as the ride stopped operating at least twice, thing is, if we had gotten there even thirty minutes later, we would have waited less (well, the queue was shut off for a spell, so maybe 50 minutes later).

The line does seem to move well when things are operating properly.

Touring Plans did 10 actual 'test times' on ROTR's lines on Saturday. Most 'actual' times were in the 40 minute to 75 minute range.
There was one 110 minute line during peak afternoon and one 25 minute ride during the end of the day. The 'actual' line times were about the
same as they were for the 'line tests' they did on the Slinky coaster......But, keep in mind that most of WDW remains very slow crowd wise.

Touring Plans did 10 actual 'test times' on ROTR's lines on Saturday. Most 'actual' times were in the 40 minute to 75 minute range.
There was one 110 minute line during peak afternoon and one 25 minute ride during the end of the day. The 'actual' line times were about the
same as they were for the 'line tests' they did on the Slinky coaster......But, keep in mind that most of WDW remains very slow crowd wise.

sounds like we just had bad luck, but we got to ride! I will say that I do not mind waiting in lines that move continually. The few times we have been to the parks, I have liked this no FP, no LL, just standby. I do hope the geni+ to standby ratio can manage to a point that standby does not constantly stop movement!