Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

River Country Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who loves Fort Wilderness with all his heart, I really hope they don't ruin it with this.

And if they do, can they at least build a Big Thunder Mountain version of Trader Sam's to ease my pain?
I’m camping there in August. Driving the RV from Texas :)
Also a DVC Member.

So I’m split on this entirely. If they can keep the trees and keep it longer and shorter, I think I’m ok with it.
Disney has done great on some of these expansions and poor in others. So it could literally go one way or the other.

I do know they’re going to need a guard at the pool a la Stormalong Bay at Beach club to keep the campground folk out. And because of that, they might as well make a great pool area. To taunt them. :nana:

I’m camping there in August. Driving the RV from Texas :)
Also a DVC Member.

So I’m split on this entirely. If they can keep the trees and keep it longer and shorter, I think I’m ok with it.
Disney has done great on some of these expansions and poor in others. So it could literally go one way or the other.

I do know they’re going to need a guard at the pool a la Stormalong Bay at Beach club to keep the campground folk out. And because of that, they might as well make a great pool area. To taunt them. :nana:

FW is possibly my favorite location at WDW, and I agree they have done some of these locations right. As long as it's well designed and stays relatively near the treeline height, I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm just worried they'll stick a behemoth over there.

Possibly This...? Pretty sure this was leaked (Pretty Much Confirmed) way back and delayed for some time. Has everyone forgotten?
Disney_Fort_Wilderness_DVC_Site_PlanA1200.png

VFW_Building.png

VFW.jpg

It's being rumored that Mickey's Backyard BBQ will have it's last day of operation on December 31, 2018 in preparation for work related to the new DVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.