Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

There will need to be a new seating area and i picked out probably the best spots to put it.
10340170_634516673301030_501540439567238877_n.jpg

The red and yellow can combine into one, but I think the ideal location would be in front of Everest(blue).

This is definitely some fantastic news. As mentioned earlier, AK is a beautiful park in the evening. Can't wait!

Won't be investing in that Harambe Nights upcharge though. The event sounds very intriguing, but not worth $119 a head.

This is definitely some fantastic news. As mentioned earlier, AK is a beautiful park in the evening. Can't wait!

Won't be investing in that Harambe Nights upcharge though. The event sounds very intriguing, but not worth $119 a head.
While I generally agree that I wouldn't pay the $119, I don't think worth is an open and shut case here. Disney is looking to draw people who have extra money to spend and generally don't mind spending money for these types of events. If they like their experience, maybe they'll try another up-charge event. To somebody like that, they may look at simply like this: $60 for the show w/celebrity narrator, $20 for welcome reception (including African beers and appetizers), $40 for after show buffet and street party.

Sure, to someone who doesn't have money to throw around $119 looks like a lot, but when you break it down for what you're getting, it really isn't that bad of a deal. Worth is all in the eye of the consumer.

They've already sold out the first night's showing.

Damn. Good for them. Disney does have a loyal fan base. Some people just love dumping their money into the mouse's pockets. I too would go, for half that price.

Honestly I would pay the $119 for my husband and I, but the child price is over kill especially for a 3 yr old. Also, we are in the process of buying a house, so not willing to spend this money now. I don't think it has anything to do with loyal fans. When you break it down, it really is worth it. Like someone broke it out above you would pay a similar amount for a show outside of Disney. Think of what people pay for a concert (with seats this close) and dinner. Then add in a reception with alcohol.

Honestly I would pay the $119 for my husband and I, but the child price is over kill especially for a 3 yr old. Also, we are in the process of buying a house, so not willing to spend this money now. I don't think it has anything to do with loyal fans. When you break it down, it really is worth it. Like someone broke it out above you would pay a similar amount for a show outside of Disney. Think of what people pay for a concert (with seats this close) and dinner. Then add in a reception with alcohol.
This would be the perfect romantic night now that I think of it. show, dinner, nightime animal kingdom? Would make for a insane date night

Disney just introduced a new casting call for the Rivers of Light show. It not only describes some of the dancing that will be in the show but also a short synopsis of the story. (from wdwmagic)
Disney Creative Entertainment is seeking CONTEMPORARY and BOLLYWOOD-STYLE dancers for featured roles in a new offering at the Walt Disney World® Resort, near Orlando, FL. These silent narrators orchestrate all the action to convey the spirit of an ancient and timeless celebration. Choreographed by Ulka Simone Mohanty.
"Rivers of Light," the new immersive nighttime experience coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom in spring 2016, will combine live performances with beautiful floating lanterns, water screens and grand theatrical imagery, in a celebration of animals and nature. The event begins with the arrival of a pair of Shamans, two complimentary forces who come to the river bearing gifts of light. Along with their Acolytes, or assistants, the Shamans set out from the shore on elaborate lantern vessels, engaging in a dramatic dance of water and light to summon the animal spirits.

Sounds awesome!!! I love anything mythical so I'm very happy with the way this is going. I'm not a night show person but I would totally stick around to see this

oh this, the nighttime safaris, and avatar will greatly help with the other parks at night
i mean how many people will go to DAK just to experience it at night because they ve never seen the place open at night

The park has been open at night in the summertime and Christmas. However, the animal parts close at sundown. Will it just be nighttime safari and the other animal exhibits will still close at sundown? Or will everything now be open. I agree that this should help MK a ton. I think by 2018 MK will have some much needed relief to its crowd levels.

The park has been open at night in the summertime and Christmas. However, the animal parts close at sundown. Will it just be nighttime safari and the other animal exhibits will still close at sundown? Or will everything now be open. I agree that this should help MK a ton. I think by 2018 MK will have some much needed relief to its crowd levels.
i typically go to orlando the first week of June and i ve never seen DAK open past 7 so im excited

i typically go to orlando the first week of June and i ve never seen DAK open past 7 so im excited

June they are not in their summer hours yet. I have been to the park in the dark several times. But it is always annoying since certain things close early.