Royal Pacific Expansion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Royal Pacific Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Geeez. I tried to tell you yesterday that the water-taxi extension is not completely out of the question with this hotel. It was definitely in the plan a few months back so cool yer jets!

Does anybody have ideas on what the theme might be? Because with all the evidence Kuribo posted we know its not an expansion of Royal Pacific.

Teebin says he believes the theme will be similar to Royal Pacific. Think of it as a sister hotel.

Anyway, an update. The hotel WILL have water taxi access according to the documentation.

"Theme Park Owner shall be responsible for providing bus or other vehicular transportation services and ferryboat transportation services for transporting the Fifth Hotels and Theme Park guests between the Fifth Hotel and the Theme Park"

There were two black lines on the layout diagram I didn't understand, but after reading that I'm pretty sure it's to denote where the water taxi will pass under the road, as seen in the horrible diagram below.
Layout_zpsabb2d3e5.png

To be clear, I wasn't hinting as I do not know. I only assumed this because it is listed as a Royal Pacific expansion. Too, it seems they have always required more convention space. Is that massive white plastic tent always set up out back of the old convention building? I never noticed it until goog maps.
Yes, my speculation about the new "sister" hotel was just spitballing, not a "leak."
I believe the convention center tent has been there for a long time, they often seem in need of overflow space there so an expansion makes sense.

So only the three original hotels will get express, right? I can't see them granting express to so many more hotel guests, as than it loses its "exclusive" appeal.

So only the three original hotels will get express, right? I can't see them granting express to so many more hotel guests, as than it loses its "exclusive" appeal.

It's interesting how this hotel will be branded a Loews hotel but also will not get Express. So far, the rule is Lowes=Express. So basically, it will be expensive enough that Lowes wants their name on it, but not expensive enough to get Express.

It's interesting how this hotel will be branded a Loews hotel but also will not get Express. So far, the rule is Lowes=Express. So basically, it will be expensive enough that Lowes wants their name on it, but not expensive enough to get Express.

Yea, that and having the water taxi makes it seem really odd there won't be express.

Isn't Cabana Bay a Loews hotel?

Also, Cabana Bay stays are not eligible for the Lowe's "You Too" Reward Program.

Yeah, in order for Lowes to put their name on it, there is certain criteria that it must meet, such as having fine dining restaurants, concierge service, etc. Technically, Cabana Bay doesn't meet the criteria, although I am sure Lowes is regretting not being associated with it considering it's such a hit.

Lowes operates all of the hotels, it is just that they are not all Lowes branded. Aside from the Universal properties they only deal in luxury accommodations. They do have very few hotels in comparison to other large chains, and the focus is on high end. It is more of a boutique operation, where about 1/3 of their total rooms are in UOR.

Most of the house hold names in hotels and resorts actually have multiple brands (from low to high), whereas Lowes stand on their own. I suppose if it were one of those other corporations they may have been branded differently.

I do agree with you about the 'togetherness' factor, for sure. But in a way I suppose it was inevitable that some differentiation would eventually occur if more resorts were added; for one thing it'll only increase their occupancy if they cater for a wider variety of markets but also the parks would have struggled to cope if these thousands of new rooms all had Express and all the services of the original resorts.

You do raise an interesting point though. I wonder how popular the amenities of each resort are / will be with guests of the others? I suppose some Hard Rock and Portifino guests might go to RPR for Emeril's, and perhaps the same might happen with the Portifino's flagship place (I forget the name), but I wonder if there's much need for interchange apart from this. All are really well equipped with great pools and eateries to suit different tastes, and although bowling is unique to CBBR it feels much more like something you'd do as part of that experience than something you'd go separately for to me. In any case, it's still easier to swap between resorts without water taxis than it is at WDW, as you say.

I just don't want an influx of other resort guests stampeding into RPR and ruining the tranquility of my late-night nachos and fish tacos at Bula Bar... :sneaky:

I was hoping they would actually do more of the little extras at the resorts. Just giving more stuff to do, especially those who want to stay more than a night or two. Like how Disney has bowling, rollerskating, all kinds of places to eat, etc. scattered around their property.

Last edited:
I was hoping they would actually do more of the little extras at the resorts. Just giving more stuff to do, especially those who want to stay more than a night or two. Like how Disney has bowling, rollerskating, all kinds of places to eat, etc. scattered around their property.

I kind of fail to see where Universal doesn't have that. Each delux hotel has multiple restaurants, Cabana Bay has bowling, mini-golf at CityWalk, etc

I kind of fail to see where Universal doesn't have that. Each delux hotel has multiple restaurants, Cabana Bay has bowling, mini-golf at CityWalk, etc

Yes they have mini-golf and bowling, maybe you missed where I said there should be more of that kind of stuff at the other resorts.

Last edited:
Yes they have mini-golf and bowling, maybe you missed where I said there should be more of that kind of stuff at the other resorts.

But I mean, what else are you looking for? Royal Pacific has the Luau. Portofino has the opera singer each night. It's not like Disney's resorts offer more than that. Disney has things like full sized golf courses and a race track thing, but Uni doesn't have the space for that stuff. For the space they do, it's pretty dense with things to do.

But I mean, what else are you looking for? Royal Pacific has the Luau. Portofino has the opera singer each night. It's not like Disney's resorts offer more than that. Disney has things like full sized golf courses and a race track thing, but Uni doesn't have the space for that stuff. For the space they do, it's pretty dense with things to do.

I don't know where we are not connecting here, but I definitely do not mean an 18 hole golf course or a race track. I am just talking about a bigger emphasis on staying on property to spend money even on the days they are not going to the park. This also went along with every resort on property being connected by the water taxi. But if there were more reasons to resort hop there would also be more people eating at the restaurants at these resorts, etc. I think that is part of the reason they went with a bowling alley at CBBR, and I think we will see more of it as they continue with these resorts. Like I know Portofino has that nice spa, off the top of my head they could put in a Hard Rock Roller Rink but there are a lot more smaller type attractions they could fit into the hotels.