Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Royal Pacific Resort

This hotel doesn't seem to get much love around here. I stay here every year and I think it's the best resort in Universal if you really want to get a vacation feel. It doesn't even feel like you're in Florida when you're here. It's always nice and quiet too. The other hotels I feel like there's always kids running around and a ton of noise.

I took a walk over to Sapphire Falls last week and while it's nice and has a similar feel, I wasn't sold enough on it to stay there instead of RPR. One thing I was impressed with was the kitchen where they had an impressive assortment of ice cream and dinner options. One negative of Royal Pacific is there's not really any places to get a quick snack or ice cream. Fortunately if I'm in the mood for ice cream I can just take a quick stroll over to Sapphire. It's literally right across the street

I love the RPR too. I've stayed there 3 times now ('10,'14 and '16) and hopefully again next April. It's the proximity to the parks that does it for me. Being able to stroll down in the morning for a few hours then go back to lie down or sit by the pool for a couple of hours before giving the parks another go in the late afternoon is great. An extra shoutout to the staff at the Bula Bar. Always great and the food is nice there too!!

I love the RPR too. I've stayed there 3 times now ('10,'14 and '16) and hopefully again next April. It's the proximity to the parks that does it for me. Being able to stroll down in the morning for a few hours then go back to lie down or sit by the pool for a couple of hours before giving the parks another go in the late afternoon is great. An extra shoutout to the staff at the Bula Bar. Always great and the food is nice there too!!

Now booked...!!!!! Can't wait.

Royal Pacific was our first Universal resort so its special for our family. We're heading back in 2017 and starting to plan our trip. Has anything changed at Royal Pacific since 2013? He did Hard Rock last year and loved it.

Is anyone there at the moment? If so, could they do me a favour and check the current schedule for the shuttle bus to and from Aquatica? I sent an email to the concierge but haven't heard anything back yet.

We stayed here for our Honeymoon in 2014 for 7 nights. I'm sure they do it for everybody but there was a handwritten card from the staff to congratulate us and they gave us a pool view room (upgrade I guess).

The pool view rooms have a great view out over the area and Islands of Adventure. The downside being the bass from the pool music made it hard to rest in the daytime in the room (bring earplugs!). Would definitely stay again though. Lush & beautiful. Easy walk to the parks. Express Passes.IMG_20150423_134517.jpg IMG_20150422_193349.jpg 2015 - 1.jpg

This label was almost the highlight of the trip for me *snicker snicker*
2015-04-23.jpg

I'm staying at RPR for 4 nights next month on the club level. Has anyone personally stayed on the club level that could offer their review, or have any tips or pointers for utilizing the club lounge? Thanks!

I'm staying at RPR for 4 nights next month on the club level. Has anyone personally stayed on the club level that could offer their review, or have any tips or pointers for utilizing the club lounge? Thanks!
The club lounge was fine, but our stand out memory was actually Colby - welcoming, friendly and genuinely interested in our holiday. We had a good experience on the club level, but would not pay the extra for it next time.

We stayed here for our Honeymoon in 2014 for 7 nights. I'm sure they do it for everybody but there was a handwritten card from the staff to congratulate us and they gave us a pool view room (upgrade I guess).

The pool view rooms have a great view out over the area and Islands of Adventure. The downside being the bass from the pool music made it hard to rest in the daytime in the room (bring earplugs!). Would definitely stay again though. Lush & beautiful. Easy walk to the parks. Express Passes.View attachment 4155 View attachment 4156 View attachment 4158

This label was almost the highlight of the trip for me *snicker snicker*
View attachment 4157

:lol:

Best to grab and go breakfast and coffee and come back for a light snack before HHN (if you're doing HHN). See what the schedule is for larger meals and plan around that if you want.

RPR is one of my favorite resorts and you'll have a blast. I love the fried pretzels at Jake's!

I never got the change from using the room key.
In the past, some people were scamming the system by using the room key and giving it to others (not guests) to utilize Express Pass....... When we were there in May they were testing new scanners in the Express Lines. I wonder if that has anything to do with the return to room keys. Of course, it's possible they were having issues with the photo express machines. They weren't working too well at Portofino in May. It will be interesting to see how this plays out,if it's permanent or just temporary.

thought I would share some items that caught my eye while just chillin' at RPR recently:

23527543648_15ba1ed705_c.jpg

36670519964_6008d90a36_c.jpg

36670711004_1d6b53d161_c.jpg

37123090630_68ec8573d7_c.jpg

23527541868_4b0e41e9b3_c.jpg

Really wanting to stay here but having a hard time justifying the price. I love the convenience of being able to walk to the parks and having express passes. How expensive was the food ? Breakfast for 2 adults (ballpark)?

They set up grab and go in the Orchid court mornings with bagels, pastries, cereal, coffee, tea, juice etc. I usually spent about $7-10 for a filling meal. If you go down to Islands dining room they have a buffet with characters for $22 pp.
Really wanting to stay here but having a hard time justifying the price. I love the convenience of being able to walk to the parks and having express passes. How expensive was the food ? Breakfast for 2 adults (ballpark)?