Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Royal Pacific Resort

Really wanting to stay here but having a hard time justifying the price. I love the convenience of being able to walk to the parks and having express passes. How expensive was the food ? Breakfast for 2 adults (ballpark)?

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times.

I’d rather go to UOR and stay at a Deluxe with express included than to go twice as much without express.

I’d rather go to UOR and stay at a Deluxe with express included than to go twice as much without express.
Express sure spoiled us. Even when the parks aren't real busy, it's easier to tour the hours you want to, without losing time standing in line. Express just makes a total vacation more relaxing and completely eliminates any planning. You can do the parks, relax at the pool, go to meals anytime you want, and change your agenda on the fly. This especially helps to work around the fickle Orlando weather. :shades:

Last edited:
Really wanting to stay here but having a hard time justifying the price. I love the convenience of being able to walk to the parks and having express passes. How expensive was the food ? Breakfast for 2 adults (ballpark)?

Express sure spoiled us. Even when the parks aren't real busy, it's easier to tour the hours you want to, without losing time standing in line. Express just makes a total vacation more relaxing and completely eliminates any planning. You can do the parks, relax at the pool, go to meals anytime you want, and change your agenda on the fly. This especially helps to work around the fickle Orlando weather. :shades:

Joe answered the food well, at breakfast, they also have a menu so you do not have to get the buffet, I think the characters are there on Sunday (I think each resort has them on different days). But for breakfast, yes the grab and go or we often go to one of the places inside the front part of each park, can often get muffins or an egg in a croissant. I think you can usually find garbage like Pop Tarts or something in the gift shops.

We are lucky as FL RES AP's as we can go during off times and tend to get an AP discount or a FL RES one, also, I think the rates drop if you stay three or more nights. But the Express thing (I hate the parking $$ when staying on site, so that must be considered, but this is the 1st HHN I went to where the parking rates did not go up right before...of course I left the day the turned the tolls back on ;-)

Anyway, it kills me a bit when I see a family in line to buy Express. We are a family of 3, if we stayed one night deluxe, we get unlimited two park Express for two days (check in day and checkout day) for three, so even if I value that at $50, we get $300 worth of Express (which I do not think I ever paid that much for a non club room night).

Joe answered the food well, at breakfast, they also have a menu so you do not have to get the buffet, I think the characters are there on Sunday (I think each resort has them on different days). But for breakfast, yes the grab and go or we often go to one of the places inside the front part of each park, can often get muffins or an egg in a croissant. I think you can usually find garbage like Pop Tarts or something in the gift shops.

We are lucky as FL RES AP's as we can go during off times and tend to get an AP discount or a FL RES one, also, I think the rates drop if you stay three or more nights. But the Express thing (I hate the parking $$ when staying on site, so that must be considered, but this is the 1st HHN I went to where the parking rates did not go up right before...of course I left the day the turned the tolls back on ;-)

Anyway, it kills me a bit when I see a family in line to buy Express. We are a family of 3, if we stayed one night deluxe, we get unlimited two park Express for two days (check in day and checkout day) for three, so even if I value that at $50, we get $300 worth of Express (which I do not think I ever paid that much for a non club room night).
Do you get Express for the entire check out day? Or just up until check out time? Sorry, newbie question.;)

What? This sounds like...like...an actual vacation. OMG we've clearly been doing it all wrong!:faint:

Do you get Express for the entire check out day? Or just up until check out time? Sorry, newbie question.;)
If you stay at Portofino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, you get Express for the arrival day AND the Departure day. Even if you check in before the check in time (3:00 PM), and your room isn't ready yet, they will give you Express pass privileges so you can go over to the parks and use it until your room is ready. On your departure day, you can still use the Express Pass after you check out. And the Hotel Express is unlimited rides. Example: You can ride SpiderMan ten times if you want to. ....But Express Passes aren't part of the hotel package for the lesser priced hotels, CBBR, Sapphire & Advenura (when it opens)......Note: Portofino is equal or better than the Grand Floridian in just about every measure, but the rooms are less than 50% of a normal Grand Floridian rate. Plus the Universal hotels have lesser rates during non peak times, and room discounts come into play for multiple night bookings. Example: A 7 night stay gives you anywhere from 25% to 35% off, depending on the season. ...And best of all, all the on site hotels are within walking distance of the parks, and four of them also have water taxis that will take you right to the park entrances at CitiWalk.

Last edited:
I guess that's a good point. I keep comparing it to a Cabana Bay Family Suite, since it's meant to have the same idea - separate room for the kids, well-themed.

SF is the property for a value suite...room size/cost...real suit,not family suite...man, I got to tour a suite and Hard Rock one stay (as we asked housekeeping when we walked by one being served during one of our stays). O think the room we saw starts at $1500.

I still hope to someday stay in a DM suite at portofino someday...bit yeah,cbbr is the only suite we have stayed in

Tim Tracker just did an RP walk around on tube. He does a good job showing the hotels. Gushes a bit but understandable. No evident action at the old Toup Chop