Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rumor: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Closing

Oh yeah animation courtyard needs to go ASAP, I had really fond memories of that place as a kid but the last time I went there it was embarrassing. Disney junior should stay though, makes kids incredibly happy and the fact that they update that every year or so blows my mind. How many versions of that show are there now? Must be around 10.

Just like most Californian 25 year olds, hollywood studios needs a facelift, too bad it'll be a while until we get one

Here's the thing the bad idea if they put in a new Indiana jones ride at DHS and they make it a Disneyland clone it'll be like the same as DINOSAUR over at AK. I don't like that idea really but here's something else, if both Idol and Indy show leaves and is replaced by a Star Wars future land, again Indiana Jones merchandise will be all gone and so will Indy from WDW. It would be kind of sad if that was the end of Indiana Jones at Walt Disney World...The great movie ride or the backlot tour or muppetvision 3D I guess are the only possibilities that are left to bring Indy back to life sometime in the near future that's if Indy would ever comeback. But the stunt show is staying for now so I shouldn't make any speculations that the show will leave because it won't be going anywhere anytime soon according to lance hart over at screamscape. Keep muppetvision 3D show though!!!! It'll always be a classic to me. Beauty & the Beast show I heard could be leaving too or has already left....but a LucasFilm land makes more sense to me and not just have it focused only on Star Wars. I know it's more of a popular franchise than Indy now but I don't want them to completely abandon Indiana Jones. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull which came out in 2008...I thought would get enough attention to bring a newer version of a Indiana jones ride for the first time to Walt Disney World. Adventure land is still possible or if they take down Dinosaur and have the same ride system with Temple of the Forbidden Eye at DL and Dinosaur At AK. Or a totally new Indy style attraction maybe using the Revenge of the Mummy technology from Universal Orlando & UNiversal Hollywood. Just some of my ideas.

Last edited:
Isn't Indy in the great movie ride? Also after a bit of thought, if Indy gets a new ride I don't want a clone, that would throw disneys rep down the gutter

Isn't Indy in the great movie ride? Also after a bit of thought, if Indy gets a new ride I don't want a clone, that would throw disneys rep down the gutter

Transformers, Despicable Me, Forbidden Journey...the latest and greatest rides from Universal are clones/in the process of being cloned. If Universal's reputation is fine after that, Id say so is Disney's. And rightfully so, I think two parks on different coasts are allowed to have similarities considering the slim chance the majority of people make it out to both.

i dont really have a problem if they bring the Indy ride from dineyland here (even if Dinosaur is a copy of that one)

ive never done the Indy ride over there and it seems like a really great ride. I would rather have that ride than the show we have now to be honest

Transformers, Despicable Me, Forbidden Journey...the latest and greatest rides from Universal are clones/in the process of being cloned. If Universal's reputation is fine after that, Id say so is Disney's. And rightfully so, I think two parks on different coasts are allowed to have similarities considering the slim chance the majority of people make it out to both.

Universal has pretty much cloned every successful (not including big thrill coasters) ride they've done. MIB is an exception, but if something is really successful there is no real reason to keep it exclusive. I wouldn't hold it against Disney if they cloned the Indy ride to WDW, it would probably be pretty awesome since most people rave about it.

Well in times like these where assh**es are looking for anything to get on disneys case about, a clone wouldn't help their rep in the slightest. A clone would be fine by me but I don't really know how most of the public would react

Well in times like these where assh**es are looking for anything to get on disneys case about, a clone wouldn't help their rep in the slightest. A clone would be fine by me but I don't really know how most of the public would react

What? Disney clones their ride all the time. :lol: There's 5 Buzz Lightyears, 3 Toy Story Midway Manias, 3 or 4 Tower of Terrors, 3 Star Tours, 3 Poohs, etc at different parks. Not sure I follow your argument.

What? Disney clones their ride all the time. :lol: There's 5 Buzz Lightyears, 3 Toy Story Midway Manias, 3 or 4 Tower of Terrors, 3 Star Tours, 3 Poohs, etc at different parks. Not sure I follow your argument.
well those usually come out at the same time the original one comes out (toy story mania is a good example) it's hard to explain but I having a feeling that if Disney announced today that the forbidden eye would come out in the year 2017 there would be a ton of comments like "It takes 3 years to clone a 20 year old ride? Ugh Disney"

Its crazy how amazing disney parks could be if they had the imagineers had the capacity to utilize their ingenuity. Yes, UC has done an amazing job and are kicking ass, but I would love it if Disney actually utilized their IP's.

My dream for disney parks

DHS
- Star wars land and Indiana jones area in HS
- Remove atleast one of the shows to utilize more space. IMO, Honey I shrunk the kids, put little mermaid there and use little mermaid plot for something else.
- Do not make the AIE into a star wars show.
- Increase the Pixar's Footprint and make pixar place into an actual themed land.
- Get that Pirates attraction out, out of all the things I have seen disney do, that was the worst. Put a pixar ride in here
- Open up another good restaurant that has a capacity of 150-200
- Remove the "studio/artwork" buildings in the back. In the end, this is not a place where disney creates magic, its a park. use it as such, no need for 15 buildings of people "working" where you know you have plenty of space in other areas in WDW to work

Epcot
- Remove each ride that has a disney character in it and improve it. That simple. Dont make a damn frozen ride in maelstorm with exactly the same track.
- Each ride in world showcase should be based off of that countries folklore and/or culture - No movies to watch in the end.
- have a monthly tech expo in a building. Remember what walt's dream was, to have a city of the future, not to have donald duck and the three amigos on a ride about mexican culture.

Animal Kingdom
- They are actually doing a great job so far, however
- dont give us a soaring version of avatar, pandora
- Add more food options
- Remove that stupid carnival feeling from dinosaur USA
- do something with that huge expansion plot you got back there!!!

Magic kingdom
- Understand that if walt was living today, he would be more impressed by the small land Uni has but what they have been able to do with it, rather than all the land and brilliant minds you have but arent able to do with it. I would love to see walt walk around MK.... then walk into DA. H eowuld be astonished. So be able to change a few things, as such
- Get rid of the speedway and utilize it as an expansion for farytale tale land. Put Frozen here, not in Epcot. You truly have an amazing IP that everyone loves? then do something special with it
- Get stitch out or alien encounter!
- Remove adventureland and give us the shanghai treatment with this area.

There you go disney. at your speed I understand I will have to live to be 138 to see this

Its crazy how amazing disney parks could be if they had the imagineers had the capacity to utilize their ingenuity. Yes, UC has done an amazing job and are kicking ass, but I would love it if Disney actually utilized their IP's.

My dream for disney parks

DHS
- Star wars land and Indiana jones area in HS
- Remove atleast one of the shows to utilize more space. IMO, Honey I shrunk the kids, put little mermaid there and use little mermaid plot for something else.
- Do not make the AIE into a star wars show.
- Increase the Pixar's Footprint and make pixar place into an actual themed land.
- Get that Pirates attraction out, out of all the things I have seen disney do, that was the worst. Put a pixar ride in here
- Open up another good restaurant that has a capacity of 150-200
- Remove the "studio/artwork" buildings in the back. In the end, this is not a place where disney creates magic, its a park. use it as such, no need for 15 buildings of people "working" where you know you have plenty of space in other areas in WDW to work

Epcot
- Remove each ride that has a disney character in it and improve it. That simple. Dont make a damn frozen ride in maelstorm with exactly the same track.
- Each ride in world showcase should be based off of that countries folklore and/or culture - No movies to watch in the end.
- have a monthly tech expo in a building. Remember what walt's dream was, to have a city of the future, not to have donald duck and the three amigos on a ride about mexican culture.

Animal Kingdom
- They are actually doing a great job so far, however
- dont give us a soaring version of avatar, pandora
- Add more food options
- Remove that stupid carnival feeling from dinosaur USA
- do something with that huge expansion plot you got back there!!!

Magic kingdom
- Understand that if walt was living today, he would be more impressed by the small land Uni has but what they have been able to do with it, rather than all the land and brilliant minds you have but arent able to do with it. I would love to see walt walk around MK.... then walk into DA. H eowuld be astonished. So be able to change a few things, as such
- Get rid of the speedway and utilize it as an expansion for farytale tale land. Put Frozen here, not in Epcot. You truly have an amazing IP that everyone loves? then do something special with it
- Get stitch out or alien encounter!
- Remove adventureland and give us the shanghai treatment with this area.

There you go disney. at your speed I understand I will have to live to be 138 to see this

pretty great post. I do hate speedway and how much space it wastes.

Well maybe this won't be the end of Indiana jones at Walt Disney world if they do happen to make more Indy films, I certainly hope so. But I came across this the other day;

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_Epic_Stunt_Spectacular!

Theirs a closing date marked right beside the Indy stunt show on Wikipedia and it says none right now but yesterday it said January 1st 2015. This is coming from Wikipedia which is quite an accurate source at least in my opinion. So you have to wonder how much longer does this show have. Il
Be shocked if it still around in like the year 2020.

Well maybe this won't be the end of Indiana jones at Walt Disney world if they do happen to make more Indy films, I certainly hope so. But I came across this the other day;

Theirs a closing date marked right beside the Indy stunt show on Wikipedia and it says none right now but yesterday it said January 1st 2015. This is coming from Wikipedia which is quite an accurate source at least in my opinion. So you have to wonder how much longer does this show have. Il

I wouldn't trust it, anyone can edit it.

Oh, and welcome to OU!

Is this the last we'll see from Indiana jones at Walt Disney World as an attraction I mean, because even though Indy's presence is in the Great Movie Ride, their won't be an actual attraction you can watch at Disney World. Again why are they ignoring Indiana Jones and focusing more on Star Wars...I mean other than the new movie is coming out in December 2015. Their must be another reason why their throwing Indy aside and do more stuff on Star Wars. I mean if they do a Star Wars land pretty much the whole entire park will be filled with Star Wars characters and yes a themed land. Don't think they should ignore Indy especially if they're doing more films possibly with Harrison in it....because he's the only one who can play him.

Like it was said, anyone can edit Wikipedia. Heck I could edit that page and claim that Indiana Jones is closing today. ;P

PS: Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Is this the last we'll see from Indiana jones at Walt Disney World as an attraction I mean, because even though Indy's presence is in the Great Movie Ride, their won't be an actual attraction you can watch at Disney World. Again why are they ignoring Indiana Jones and focusing more on Star Wars...I mean other than the new movie is coming out in December 2015. Their must be another reason why their throwing Indy aside and do more stuff on Star Wars. I mean if they do a Star Wars land pretty much the whole entire park will be filled with Star Wars characters and yes a themed land. Don't think they should ignore Indy especially if they're doing more films possibly with Harrison in it....because he's the only one who can play him.

Indy is not relevant right now. They can always add a much cooler experience somewhere else in DHS if they do another film and it is just as popular. But Star Wars is like very few IPs, it is ALWAYS relevant. I mean look at Merch sales and the Star Wars weekends. The IP is very popular and Disney is trying to make the IP its response to HP. I mean JAWS was popular and people loved that ride. However Uni was more than willing to rip it down to make MORE HP. It is the same for Disney, Star Wars needs to be a bigger presence and some things (even popular things) are going to be removed to make it work.

I personally see nothing wrong with this approach. As long as the end product looks good. That is the part I am scared off, I am not sure Disney can do what Uni/WB did for HP.

I definitely still think Indiana jones is still relevant but the show itself doesn't give it enough credit. It should definitely come back as a ride later down the line with the eventual reboot