Rumor: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Closing | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Rumor: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm okay with this news, no matter what they replace it with. The show has been there for 25 years. It's had a great run.

It still plays to packed houses, people laugh at the jokes, and applaud throughout.
The only reason it still plays to packed houses is because there's not enough to do at the park so people go see it. Most just want to sit and get out of the sun for a little while. It's a good show but I think it ran it's course.

As far as I know, this rumor isn't true.

There was at one point a rumor that the stunt show would go to be replaced with a full size Millennium Falcon walk through with a Chewbacca M&G.

Not gonna lie... a Milennium Falcon walkthrough and Chewbacca M&G yearround would get me to DHS... for 30 minutes :p I need more than that if I'm going to pay $100+ for 4 great rides, 3 solid shows, a mediocre shoot 'em up, and a poorly planned park layout.

I still don't believe it. Not until a trusted source comes forward saying the same thing at least.

Oh god, Disney and their stupid meet and greets; why not just make all the parks nothing but character meet and greets. Sure is cheaper than running an attraction.

Thats what Disney's core audience likes. It may not be our choice of attraction, but every day 4-hours' worth of families line up to meet Anna and Elsa. Disney has an incredible cast of family-friendly characters kids go nuts for and resonate with. The best way to capitalize on that is through meet-and-greets. And to be fair, even though they arent full-fledged attractions, they do a heck of a job with them.

As much as they don't interest me, my god Disney fans eat up meet and greets. One of my friends went to the 24 hour thing at Disneyland last month and he told me in 14 hours he did 2 rides and 20 meet and greets!!! That's half the day and a full park day :jaw: I'd probably kill myself before I ever do that but hey Brad Pitt is right in the fact that meet and greets cater to the fans and they do them well. There is a definite reason why Disney keeps making them

I really hope this is true. And i would hope they replace it with something awesome. The show is nice but it takes forever for each scene to be set up and the audience participation is pretty cheesy.

that park seriously needs more stuff. there is barely anything fun to do, I would love a soarin style ride with star wars :rofl:

The big question is what the hell is there left to make in a Star Wars land? It's all already in star tours, you can't make a motion simulator because that's star tours, you can't make a tatooine pod racing ride because that's in star tours. Death Star, speeder bikes, hoth, millennium falcon all in star tours. The only thing they could really do left is add crap like jabbas palace or the cantina. Actual experiences instead of rides

honestly, it's a good show, but it's definitely old. A Full walkthrough MF would be pretty amazing to me. As long as the Meet and Greet portion was optional.

I could see a X-Wing/Tie Fighter Dueling Coaster being a huge hit, but Disney would never do it...

The big question is what the hell is there left to make in a Star Wars land? It's all already in star tours, you can't make a motion simulator because that's star tours, you can't make a tatooine pod racing ride because that's in star tours. Death Star, speeder bikes, hoth, millennium falcon all in star tours. The only thing they could really do left is add crap like jabbas palace or the cantina. Actual experiences instead of rides

The only thing I can think of (and this is still a simulator), is have a Mission: Space style ride where you are in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon and need to press certain buttons to make an interactive ride experience. Mind you it's still very similar to Star Tours, but the idea of flying in a replica of the famous cruiser would be something people would wait in line for.

I've heard Star Tours may possibly get another redo for this project.

I I think it would be cool if they put Mos Eisley Space Port around Star Tours with the Cantina where Backlot Express is. The Millennium Falcon walk through where Indy is. And reconfigure Star Tours. Have half the cars play a show that goes from Tatooine to the Moon of Endor. And when you exit the ride you are on the Moon of Endor. They would have to take out Muppets, Sci-Fi Dine In and the Streets of America. Endor would be the Ewok Village and Speederbike coaster. And you can take Star Tours back to Mos Eisley for an entirely different show during the ride, a la Hogwarts Express. That would give the project a major E Ticket. Required themed M&G. IP specific food & beverage component. And tons of IP specific merchandise.

Last edited:
Well of course they are going to update star tours for the new trilogy they almost have to. I'm personally just waiting for the new trilogy to come out so we could get a idea of rides, that's the step they are probably going to go because it's quite obvious that movie is going to get up to frozen levels in the box office, everybody and their mothers is going to see it so why not base the new land on that? By the time it comes out (2019 possibly?) the series will probably be done as well

Tho it maybe fake the rumor had to start from something. Disney is deff up 2 something big.
It started because the Idol Experience was announced to close and in an effort to gain web traffic, this site created a bogus rumor to crank up the Star Wars Land rumor mill again.

I've heard Star Tours may possibly get another redo for this project.

I I think it would be cool if they put Mos Eisley Space Port around Star Tours with the Cantina where Backlot Express is. The Millennium Falcon walk through where Indy is. And reconfigure Star Tours. Have half the cars play a show that goes from Tatooine to the Moon of Endor. And when you exit the ride you are on the Moon of Endor. They would have to take out Muppets, Sci-Fi Dine In and the Streets of America. Endor would be the Ewok Village and Speederbike coaster. And you can take Star Tours back to Mos Eisley for an entirely different show during the ride, a la Hogwarts Express. That would give the project a major E Ticket. Required themed M&G. IP specific food & beverage component. And tons of IP specific merchandise.

YES! :drool:

Considering the money they spent to just re-so ST, in all their parks, I doubt they would make a new show so quickly. I also doubt that they would get rid of the Muppets considering its still a viable property with well performing movies. If anything is going, it would be Indy, in my opinion.

Considering the money they spent to just re-so ST, in all their parks, I doubt they would make a new show so quickly. I also doubt that they would get rid of the Muppets considering its still a viable property with well performing movies. If anything is going, it would be Indy, in my opinion.

Indy will go. Not this year, but it'll go