Rumor: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Closing | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Rumor: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The muppets will never go, it's Jim Hensons final project with the muppets and basically made MGM the park it is today. I don't think they will redo star tours completely when the new trilogy starts. It'll probably be updated in 2021 when the new trilogy is done and even then it wouldn't be a insane upgrade just adding new planets

Considering the money they spent to just re-so ST, in all their parks, I doubt they would make a new show so quickly. I also doubt that they would get rid of the Muppets considering its still a viable property with well performing movies. If anything is going, it would be Indy, in my opinion.

With all do respect, every single time I went to Hollywood Studios over the past 4 years, The Muppets was empty! Indy on the other hand is continually packed. The kicker is that the Muppets is also indoors away from the heat, making for an even more appealing target during the summer months.

Not saying that honoring Jim Henson and keeping the attraction is a bad move. But, Indy is a far bigger people eater show from what I've seen over my past 6 visits (granted this is from what I've seen). Despite it running continuously instead of 6 or 7 times like Indy, every Muppets show I've been to (be it October or June) has a theater that isn't even 1/3 full.

I hope they keep both honestly. I just think that it isn't quite the hit Indy has been and still is. Even Muppets Most Wanted under-performed in the US making only $50 mil.

Muppetvision is a 3D movie that opened 23 years ago. What do you expect? People on this forum are begging for Shrek's closure and that's only been in the park since 2003.

Very true but to my knowledge Muppetvision isn't available for home use on every platform there is, Hollywood Studios has more than enough dead space that they could do something with the park elsewhere, and the Muppets are a way bigger franchise than Shrek is with new movies coming out fairly regularly. I think these are the main reasons everyone harps on Shrek, they are at least for me.

As much as I love the Muppets, I enjoy it more than Muppetvision and that annoying-ass Waldo, who's been dated since the show premiered.

Waldo is really the only dated thing in the entire show besides the iffy projection quality but I'll give him a pass because he was the first CGI puppet ever made, makes you wonder what amazing technology we'd have today if Henson was still alive. You also have to admit the entire muppetvision experience is just incredible. All the gags in every corner and a just pitch perfect muppet theater, seriously came right out of the show

Waldo is really the only dated thing in the entire show besides the iffy projection quality but I'll give him a pass because he was the first CGI puppet ever made, makes you wonder what amazing technology we'd have today if Henson was still alive. You also have to admit the entire muppetvision experience is just incredible. All the gags in every corner and a just pitch perfect muppet theater, seriously came right out of the show

I know. Maybe I'm just sick of it since... as we said... it's been 23 years.

I know. Maybe I'm just sick of it since... as we said... it's been 23 years.

Yeah I totally understand your point, 23 year old jokes don't get funnier. Maybe it's just nostalgia or the history behind it but I think it should stay if not expand the muppets brand

With all do respect, every single time I went to Hollywood Studios over the past 4 years, The Muppets was empty! Indy on the other hand is continually packed. The kicker is that the Muppets is also indoors away from the heat, making for an even more appealing target during the summer months.

Not saying that honoring Jim Henson and keeping the attraction is a bad move. But, Indy is a far bigger people eater show from what I've seen over my past 6 visits (granted this is from what I've seen). Despite it running continuously instead of 6 or 7 times like Indy, every Muppets show I've been to (be it October or June) has a theater that isn't even 1/3 full.

I hope they keep both honestly. I just think that it isn't quite the hit Indy has been and still is. Even Muppets Most Wanted under-performed in the US making only $50 mil.

This is true. I've never seen the muppets get full. But Indy always is. (if you are not early you get a hard time finding seats)

I do not like the Muppets show. It is kind of boring, I Hate Shrek as well but muppets bore me more

Well I think the reasons why muppets is empty all the time is because it's not a real show. It plays a hundred times a day non stop unlike Indy that has specific show times you have to catch or you'll miss it entirely. Same reason why idol is always full. Another reason might be is that the theater is gigantic. With the smaller theaters like tough to be a bug or phillharmagic, it's always full because it has limited seating. The muppet theater is do big that you could probably have a show like blue man group perform on it. It's probably perspective over actual capacity

Should also mention that the muppet show is a lot cheaper attraction to run then Indy is.
If your think 23 years old is old, how about those Country Bears or Tiki Birds?

Should also mention that the muppet show is a lot cheaper attraction to run then Indy is.
If your think 23 years old is old, how about those Country Bears or Tiki Birds?

While I love them both, those are incredibly dated ESPECIALLY country bears. "All the guys that turn me on turn me down" and "mama don't whup little Buford" are just eye openers (although I find them hilarious because my humor is sad) tiki birds just feel old as dirt, classic but almost too classic

I feel like half of the shows in Hollywood studios should be replaced and the backlot tour. The amount of space that takes up is ridiculous and it could make a giant land if they demo'd it.

Overall hollywood studios just needs a California adventure style remake with ACTUAL lands and experiences, the studio theme will be officially dead if they make an immersive Star Wars land. What's the point in even keeping it?

MuppetVision isn't hurting anyone... Star Wars can have Echo Lake :lol: Pixar can have LMA and Backlot Tour... let the Muppets have Premiere Theater, the pizza place and MuppetVision. Or move them into Animation Courtyard and turn that into Muppet Studios with a dark ride, show, M&G, restaurant, flat, and kiddie coaster themed to Gonzo (better than what's currently there). Then let the previous Muppets area either become Pixar or Avengers. RnRC should also be replaced with an actual 30s/40s based attraction like Tower of Terror. I'd also put a 40s style musical where B&TB is. Great Movie Ride needs a nice revamp. A Roger Rabbit mini-land on Sunset could be nice if they ever make a sequel.

Hollywood Blvd
World of Star Wars
Marvel City
Pixar Place
Muppet Studios
Sunset Blvd

Rename the park Disney's Hollywood Adventure... put in $1.5 billion - you've got a solid park. Indy can go to Adventureland, which is desperate for some sort of thrill ride.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like half of the shows in Hollywood studios should be replaced and the backlot tour. The amount of space that takes up is ridiculous and it could make a giant land if they demo'd it.

Overall hollywood studios just needs a California adventure style remake with ACTUAL lands and experiences, the studio theme will be officially dead if they make an immersive Star Wars land. What's the point in even keeping it?

That's probably why Star Wars Land isn't greenlit yet :lol: TDO is probably "debating" what sort of fix DHS needs.