Rumor: New Epcot Resort | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Rumor: New Epcot Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
An Epcot entrance resort doesn't make sense still when you have Boardwalk, Beach, and Yacht clubs within quick walking distance.

Regarding a resort attached to Epcot vs BW/BC/YC/Swolphin resorts- it’s a totally different ballgame. An attached resort will always be better.

Although it’s only been done once- at Disneysea- it’s incredible. The difference is, that was designed into DS the whole time. This is shoehorned in, and not into an aesthetically pleasing area.
An integrated and attached hotel to a park w/ dedicated entrance is something I would hope Universal does in site 3. It’s too cool of a concept and the instagram worthy pics and marketing can’t be beat, as you can see from cabana bay/volcano bay.

Regardless- any attached hotel better have shatterproof glass and no balcony in the rooms in today’s day and age.

They're doing some kind of land clearing in the wooded area along the monorail beam between the Epcot parking lot and the solar field. Not sure what's happening but they have removed trees all along there with construction fences up. It almost looks like they are building a continuation of the canal that runs through the parking lot, perhaps to add more drainage to offset the work on the opposite side of the parking lot where Guardians is going in.

I think if designed right, it actually could make the reveal of SSE better in a way. But I have a feeling they will just slap a Hotel down. I think if the hotel were to block you’re view of SSE until you went through the turnstiles, that would actually be interesting. The design of the hotel would be key to if it would fit as well.

For me, slapping a new hotel at the entrance doesn't exactly sit right. I'm fine if the hotel was built when the park first opened (WDP, TDS), but this is a shoehorning and it could very well stick out in all the wrong ways.

I think if designed right, it actually could make the reveal of SSE better in a way. I think if the hotel were to block you’re view of SSE until you went through the turnstiles, that would actually be interesting.

I can see where you're going, but this is a park which has a monorail taking guests in and around the park itself before they approach/go through the turnstiles. So the reveal can be botched due to that.

Reactions: tankart150
I think if designed right, it actually could make the reveal of SSE better in a way. But I have a feeling they will just slap a Hotel down. I think if the hotel were to block you’re view of SSE until you went through the turnstiles, that would actually be interesting. The design of the hotel would be key to if it would fit as well.

I don't know, I think a giant wall of windows greeting the guests wouldn't be terribly impressive, and I don't know what kind of design they could go with where that wouldn't be the case.

And think of what that would probably look like from The American Adventure across the lagoon... :ack:

I don't know, I think a giant wall of windows greeting the guests wouldn't be terribly impressive, and I don't know what kind of design they could go with where that wouldn't be the case.

And think of what that would probably look like from The American Adventure across the lagoon... :ack:
Depends how tall it is. You likely wouldn’t be able to even see it or it would be negligible from American Adventure.

Reactions: tankart150
If they did put a hotel right in front of Spaceship Earth then those rooms facing Epcot would instantly become some of the most expensive rooms on site. Also, how would they address the parking for hotel guests?

As it was described to me, the entrance with the new hotel would look sort of like this.

0510181112.jpg